Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HSE Covid Swabbing roles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

I got 2 days notice for interview, no word on reschedule as of yet! Yep more time to prep!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tilytally

beenhad wrote: »
    I got 2 days notice for interview, no word on reschedule as of yet! Yep more time to prep!

Hi beenhad,

Did you have any other communication after the garda vetting request or did you just get an email this week in regard to the interview?

I got an email with the date and time for the Microsoft team interview. Then the link they sent didn't connect. Said someone would contact me to rearrange. Heard nothing today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ioma

Hi All
    My sis in law has done some work in the past for the HSE , she said that the reason no one is hearing back as quick as they thought is because the Garda Vetting is taking so much longer. She got a phonecall on Friday asking could she start the swabbing today in Kildare , they are contacting people that have worked for them in the past. She advised that an email be sent to whomever we/I applied through asking for update. I sent email Friday lunchtime & no reply as of yet...........

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

Ioma wrote: »
    Hi All
    My sis in law has done some work in the past for the HSE , she said that the reason no one is hearing back as quick as they thought is because the Garda Vetting is taking so much longer. She got a phonecall on Friday asking could she start the swabbing today in Kildare , they are contacting people that have worked for them in the past. She advised that an email be sent to whomever we/I applied through asking for update. I sent email Friday lunchtime & no reply as of yet...........

Thats great info thank you ill contact them now too...

• Advertisement

Hi All

Thanks Ioma, that's so helpful. Really appreciate it. Will send an email today.

I just got an email saying i will soon receive an email inviting me to an interview, sent interview prep material etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Tilytally wrote: »
    Thanks Ioma, that's so helpful. Really appreciate it. Will send an email today.

Hi, just wondering what is the email address that you are sending the email to?

Shark7 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what is the email address that you are sending the email to?

campaign@hbsrecruitmentservices.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Great thanks, will give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

I received an email today saying I will be called for interview soon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just sent an email there

Did anyone get the urgent call to their email asking to state time and date that suited for interview? It then gave you the option to click on calendar. Every time I clicked on day it said 'not available' I tried every day of the month! I have emailed x 3 to enquire about this and no response!! OMG the frustration!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭karlitob

@Tilytally I am the same as you , did the garda vetting 8 days ago & heard nothing , but looking at Indeed website re working for the HSE it says the process can take over a month which is crazy considering the numbers & the fact that they are now sending swabs overseas due to demand

They’re sending the samples for analysis overseas. More swabbers would mean more swabs. If they’ve so many swabs that they can’t be processed completely in ireland when they reach a certain level, then clearly more swabbers taking more swabs would make that worse, not better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

karlitob wrote: »
    They’re sending the samples for analysis overseas. More swabbers would mean more swabs. If they’ve so many swabs that they can’t be processed completely in ireland when they reach a certain level, then clearly more swabbers taking more swabs would make that worse, not better.

I understand where you are coming from in regards more testers and not being able to keep up with analysis but I think bringing in new swabbers is more to assist in getting HSE staff back into their official roles as many have been redeployed as swabbers, not to mention those that are burnt out and need a break. Something that I have witnessed first hand from friends in the HSE and frontline, they are stressed and overworked and dreading the winter flu season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭karlitob

I understand where you are coming from in regards more testers and not being able to keep up with analysis but I think bringing in new swabbers is more to assist in getting HSE staff back into their official roles as many have been redeployed as swabbers, not to mention those that are burnt out and need a break. Something that I have witnessed first hand from friends in the HSE and frontline, they are stressed and overworked and dreading the winter flu season.

I know that. That’s not what I said in my post, nor was that what was said in the post I referred to. Best of luck in your application.

Did anyone get the urgent call to their email asking to state time and date that suited for interview? It then gave you the option to click on calendar. Every time I clicked on day it said 'not available' I tried every day of the month! I have emailed x 3 to enquire about this and no response!! OMG the frustration!!

That's very frustrating, sorry to hear you're having issues. Perhaps if you try it on a different web browser or delete your history and do so again it may work. Also maybe try to do it on both a PC and a mobile phone if you have not already done so.

I have not heard anything from them as of yet. Still playing the waiting game.

bobbyy gee wrote: »

I have a close friend currently doing this role and the level of abuse they have had to deal with is unbelievable unfortunately. You are calling people all day to give them bad news and the range of emotions varies hugely. Of course, that is not to put anyone off the role, just giving some insight from seeing first hand the stress my friend is under from the role.

Thanks for that, I did try it with no success. They haven't replied to any of my emails. It's very frustrating considering they're saying how urgent it is

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i emailed them on Monday evening just to follow up since I hadn't heard back since sending the gardai vetting over 2 weeks ago but nothing.

Hey All
    Just watching the Tonight Show on TV3 Paul Reid of HSE on & Ciara grilling him about the Swabbers etc , he said 280 have been cleared for Garda Vetting & will be starting in their roles next week

Just got this email
    Dear Applicant,

I can confirm we have received your application. The team are currently shortlisting staff.

We have received a significant number of applications which will need to go through, we will get back to all applicants in due course.

Kindest Regards,
    HBS Recruitment Services

Have my rescheduled interview tomorrow at 9.40 so I'll keep you posted. Hopefully the Microsoft team works this time.

Have my rescheduled interview tomorrow at 9.40 so I'll keep you posted. Hopefully the Microsoft team works this time.

How did it go? Um scheduled for next Friday.

Hope it went well, I have an interview on Tuesday

Well it went ahead! Microsoft teams worked! Asked for general employment background. There were 2 people. Then asked about a time you improved a work practice, role you played etc. Also asked about team work and an example of what you contributed to ensuring good team work. Questions about infection control measures, also would you see any difficulties wearing PPE gear. How would you deal with people presenting for tests, usual scenario based questions, what would you do if such and such happened. Lasted approx 30 mins. One asking questions and the other taking notes. Very nice interview.
    So hope that helps anyone going for interview. Said an aftercare team will be in touch with result of interview shortly. Good luck to anyone going for interview.

Well it went ahead! Microsoft teams worked! Asked for general employment background. There were 2 people. Then asked about a time you improved a work practice, role you played etc. Also asked about team work and an example of what you contributed to ensuring good team work. Questions about infection control measures, also would you see any difficulties wearing PPE gear. How would you deal with people presenting for tests, usual scenario based questions, what would you do if such and such happened. Lasted approx 30 mins. One asking questions and the other taking notes. Very nice interview.
    So hope that helps anyone going for interview. Said an aftercare team will be in touch with result of interview shortly. Good luck to anyone going for interview.

Thanks for the info, glad to hear it went well, I will go over the interview prep booklet tomorrow and Sunday, fingers crossed for you

Thank you for the info, great to hear it seems straightforward. Best of luck to you and all with interviews!

• Advertisement

Had an email off HBS yesterday asking for permission to contact my referees. I'm hoping this means pending references I'll be offered a job? What do you think?

Advertisement