Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Going to try and lose 60lbs in 28 days

Options
  • 23-05-2020 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

I'm very over weight at 302lbs . Starting tomorrow I'm going to attempt to lose 60lbs in 28 days. I'm going to use a prolong fasting routine using salt water . One last blow out tonight with the diet starting tomorrow. I'll post up daily weigh ins

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I'm very over weight at 302lbs . Starting tomorrow I'm going to attempt to lose 60lbs in 28 days. I'm going to use a prolong fasting routine using salt water . One last blow out tomorrow with the diet starting tomorrow. I'll post up daily weigh ins

"prolong fasting routine using salt water" ELI5 please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

EL15 ?

Explain like your 5 , Got Ya

Ok if you are very overweight you have plenty of energy on your body to go for days, weeks without food . After 48 hours your body is well within ketosis because its sustaining itself and stored energy which is primarily fat. However problems arise if you just drink pure water because you do not have access to the bodies 2 main elecrolytes Sodium and Potassium. Sodium Chloride just table salt but a higher quality version is pink Himalayan salt. Potassium chloride is the other essential electrolyte and is sometimes sold as a salt substitute called NO Salt but you can also buy it as a supplement from Amazon.

I'm going to basically put 5g of both of these salts in 2 litres of water and sip on it throughout the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

F

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'm very over weight at 302lbs . Starting tomorrow I'm going to attempt to lose 60lbs in 28 days. I'm going to use a prolong fasting routine using salt water . One last blow out tonight with the diet starting tomorrow. I'll post up daily weigh ins

60lbs in 28 days equates to approx (very approximately in a completely uneducated way) of 7,000 calorie deficit/day. Even if you consume zero calories per day (which makes no sense), you probably need to find about 5,000 above what you currently burn through activity.

Very crude figures would indicate that that would take approximately 3 hours cycling per day. Have you factored this in to your targets?

Focus on building something sustainable, not just short term draconian targets.

• Advertisement

60lbs in 28 days equates to approx (very approximately in a completely uneducated way) of 7,000 calorie deficit/day. Even if you consume zero calories per day (which makes no sense), you probably need to find about 5,000 above what you currently burn through activity.

Very crude figures would indicate that that would take approximately 3 hours cycling per day. Have you factored this in to your targets?

Focus on building something sustainable, not just short term draconian targets.

You do realise at my weight that I'm holding a lot of water. Half the weight I lose in the next 28 days will in fact be water so your calorie calculation is way off . But yes your right I'll be eating very little but I didn't create this to start a debate . I'll be doing it regardless of what people think . 28 days isnt a long time so we will know who is right soon enough.Feel free to ask questions

To add I'll be doing 10k steps walking daily

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

so you wont take any food for 4 weeks, just salty water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Are you big boned, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Good luck with it!

I certainly wouldn't knock you before you have even started!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sounds like you are building a diet designed to fail.

Try losing 60 over 3 months and the same over the following 3 months and repeat.

You can eat to be full but eat low calories.

Greatly reducing food intake tells the body not to lose weight, that food is in short supply so conserve weight.

Do an approach that can last.

Good luck, you'll get there definitely, I think it'll be permanent over months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Might I suggest that you take a more realistic and measured approach. There's a very high probability that you'll put all the weight back on in the 2-3 months after the end of those 28 days.
    What's the plan at the end of those 28 days?

60lbs in 28 days? That's a bit mad.

I mean.. Why not 63lbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Might I suggest that you take a more realistic and measured approach. There's a very high probability that you'll put all the weight back on in the 2-3 months after the end of those 28 days.
    What's the plan at the end of those 28 days?

a fullblowout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

How often will you take readings of weight OP?

Do you know your body composition before starting? I think it would be interesting to know these things regularly throughout your effort (Id be interested that is) what about blood pressure could you collect that data too?
    Wont pass any judgement because as you say your doing it anyhow.
    Best of luck with it.

Danzy wrote: »
    Greatly reducing food intake tells the body not to lose weight, that food is in short supply so conserve weight.

This isn't true . But sur we will both know in 4 weeks who was right

Are you big boned, OP?

No one is big boned or are you trying to be sarcastic . The human skeleton weights very little

How often will you take readings of weight OP?

Do you know your body composition before starting? I think it would be interesting to know these things regularly throughout your effort (Id be interested that is) what about blood pressure could you collect that data too?
    Wont pass any judgement because as you say your doing it anyhow.
    Best of luck with it.

Daily weighings

I had a dexa last year and was 40% by. Was a little lighter

• Registered Users Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This isn't true . But sur we will both know in 4 weeks who was right

Maybe. I hope it goes well for you and like every plan it can be adjusted in time or built further.

padser wrote: »
    Good luck with it!

I certainly wouldn't knock you before you have even started!

Ones diet may be forever but Dieting as in the process of losing fat isn't . When I get to 240lbs after these 4 weeks I'll still be way too heavy for my height but I'll be tapering up my calories to lose a little slower

Maybe. I hope it goes well for you and like every plan it can be adjusted in time or built further.

Correct .

• Advertisement

so you wont take any food for 4 weeks, just salty water?

I'll break my fast when needed with 500g of vegetables and 100g of meat . Small refeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Will you revert to your previous eating habits once you lose the 60 lbs?

60lbs in 28 days? That's a bit mad.

I mean.. Why not 63lbs?

It might actually be 64

Will you revert to your previous eating habits once you lose the 60 lbs?

No I'll continue to diet a little less aggressively until I reach my goal of 180lbs

Yes it will be adjusted . This plan is only for very fat people

I'm open to answering everyone question . I have a world of knowledge when it comes to this stuff . I realise what I'm proposing is extreme . I might fail but I'm hoping this thread will be a big motivator for me. People talk about doing a diet that's sustainable and something I can do forever. The process of dieting should be different depending on current bf levels. I can diet very hard now because I have over 100lbs to lose. As I lose weight my calories will go up. If / when I have only 20lbs to lose I'll be eating way way more . Please give me these 28 days . It will help motivate me

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Slumberland

I never heard of this method. Wishing you success and will look forward to seeing your losses

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is it possible to lose 60lbs in 28 days?
    Thats more or less 1kg per day.

It might actually be 64

Ah come off it. You had me rooting for you at 60. Easily achievable. 63 was my trying to up the challenge, but now you want 64? Completely unrealistic and you haven't a hope! :mad:

In all seriousness, though, these kind of weight losses, once you have a bit of weight to actually lose, are entirely possible. I'd drop a stone in a week if i even made a half-hearted attempt.

Just be prepared for the consequences of it - you will get irrationally angry, and mood swings galore. But if you can fight through the first week, you might not be too bad. It won't kill you, but you just have to be sensible and not be ready to pour 3 big macs and large chips down your throat as your first meal back. You have to ease back into eating properly. Bit of soup, etc.

It's do-able. Not entirely recommended, but entirely possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

So it all starts tomorrow?

What’s the food intake tonight so?

Advertisement