Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark side of the ring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭briany

Looking at the episode list, there look to be a few potentially unique stories, but mostly seem like they'd be fairly typical and samey. I don't want that to come off like like the trials and tribulations of any individual wrestler's life should be proffered solely for our entertainment, but there is an element of that when you're making a documentary series like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Prob already posted

"Dark Side Of The Ring Season 4 Episode Order Revealed

5/30: Chris and Tammy (Season Premier)

6/6/: Shattered: The Magnum T.A. Story

6/13: Breaking the Cycle: The Graham Dynasty

6/20: What Happened to Doink the Clown?

6/27: The Junkyard Dog

7/11: The Tragic Fall of Adrian Adonis

7/18: Bash at the Beach 2000

7/25: Abdullah the Butcher: Legacy of Blood

8/1: Bam Bam Bigelow: The Beast from the East

8/8: The World According to Marty Jannetty (Season Finale)'

Are they getting light on topics to cover as a few of those topics wouldn't exactly entice viewing . Anyway ill give them a go

• Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Which of those wouldn’t entice you to watch ? The Adrian Adonis episode has an interview with the surviving person in the van which has never been told publicly before. All the stories this season to me anyway have some interesting parts to it, and Marty Jannetty will be box office batshit.

Some of them topics i never heard off but as i siad i will give them all a watch

Out of the first episode i felt really bad for Chris and not a bit sorry for that other wagon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Magnum T.A. this week and it was grand nothing new to it if you know the story of Magnum and if you do know the story you know there is no Dark side it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Graham Dynasty was tough going. Well done to Mike Graham's daughter, amazing woman.

Yeah the daughter came across very well she reminded me of Kevin Von Erich being able to survior that much family tragedy.

Jesus Abdullah was a bit of a header

Suppose you have to be mad to wrestle that style

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That Bam Bam Bigelow episode was heart breaking

• Advertisement

Bam Bam had maybe the great look any wrestler has ever had and he could go in the ring.

Such a sad end to his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

Sorry would you mind PM'ing me as well please?

Russo and Bischoff are some clowns.

Russo for obvious reasons, but it will never cease to amaze me hearing Bischoff (and Hogan by extension) make themselves out to be the good guys at BatB 2000. They're all equally fucked.

Russo is a a clown and he thinks he is the reason that wwf got so hot. As meltzer correctly pointed out wwf had Austin and rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Russo was a huge reason WWF got so hot and had a massive hand in creating the Attitude era. One trick pony but it worked.

Final episode next week is Marty Jannetty which should be bat sh1t crazy and full of tall tales from Marty himself.

It was interesting that the guys in charge said on cornettes podcast that this was his(Marty) version of his life, which I took as them covering their arse because we’ve seen him say all many of shite.

Nice to get a bit of a change of tone for this week's episode

All parties coming out bad, wasn't Russo talking about the lay down segment in his in ring 'won't see that piece of **** again' promo and not calling 'Hogan the piece of ****'as the edit of episode made it out to be ?

I got to say I really feel sorry for Marty, just don't do drugs kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It is hard to feel sorry for someone who has spent their life self-sabotaging themselves.

Marty got so many chances but threw it all way

• Advertisement

Jeff Hardy is a future episode in the making ?

What are other possibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Petermc83

Matt riddle!

Jannetty episode was good. What a bunch of weird trashy junkies they got for the episode though. Al Snow aside. Beefcakes missus wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any able to send me a link to dark side of the ring episodes

To be fair if these people know Marty then I don't think it matters whether they were junkies or trashy. They clearly knew him and had an insight into his life, which I think is much preferable to having a bunch of rent-a- mouths.

The producers tend to get who they can, while missing very important people. What was Lance Storm doing in the Bash at the Beach episode?

I would have thought because he's a good speaker and was representing a roster that had to endure **** like BatB.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭briany

Prior to series 4 beginning, I thought the episode list looked bland, but they've been mostly pretty interesting. BatB was the standout for me.

Have to be honest, kind of on Hogan's side in that scenario. Only because he was the one guy in the situation who was his own man and had an idea of what to do. Was he acting in his own interest? Hell yes. I'm not sure what anyone expects a wrestler who has a creative control clause to do. Of course any top wrestler would use it to protect their own spot. WCW made a rod for their own back by ever stipulating it.

Bonus was the inevitable segment of the Jim Cornette where he just riffs on what an idiot Russo was throughout the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 juligrat

Don't really like most of their documentaries...lots of dirt there

• Advertisement

Season 5 reported list of episdoes

• Kurt Angle (his past with drug and alcohol addiction)

• Brutus Beefcake

• Harley Race

• Buff Bagwell

• Chris Adams

• Sandman

• Black Saturday (when Vince McMahon purchased Georgia Championship Wrestling to get access to the TBS time slot in 1984)

Advertisement