Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

• 01-09-2019 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I managed to get the 2 games for €80ish instead of €99.
    It does take a (small) bit of work, but when done, you'll have saved €20 as well as having around £6-10 to spend on the eshop.

1) On this website, you're able to get Nintendo eshop cards to the value of £30 at €27.29:

https://bit.ly/32it0HH

When you buy 3 of them, it gives you £90 credit. The amount needed for the 2 game Nintendo Switch offer on the UK eshop is £84. Therefore, a surplus of £6.

2) In order to use these cards, you need a UK Nintendo eshop account. So set one up if you haven't done so already. When you have this done, you'll be able to add the 3 eshop cards to your a/c, adding £90 to your balance.

3) You'll also need a paid Nintendo Switch online for this account.
    I tried doing it with the free trial option but it doesn't work.
    I also tried changing around my Amazon prime account (I have a .co.uk and .de a/c) so I could take advantage of the free NSO Twitch offer but I only have one credit card (used for my current NSO Twitch offer) at the moment and I didn't want to wait around to see if this bargain worked.
    In the end, I decided to use £3.49 of the £6 surplus for a 1-month UK eshop subscription.

4) Once you have added a paid NSO subscription to your UK eshop a/c, you'll be able to purchase the two game Nintendo Switch voucher for £84.
    Doing this left me with £2.50 along with 420 points (therefore, £4.20) equalling around £6.70 to spend on the UK eshop. Those who manage to get around the NSO Twitch offer will have over £10 to spend.
    Note: It says something about needing a paid membership to use the voucher. As my NSO on this UK a/c is for 1 month, I plan on using mine during that timeframe for Link's Awakening and maybe Astral Chain/Fire Emblem.
    I'm sure that you could just buy the 3 eshop cards now and do this offer at a later date if you want to get Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword/Shield, or whatever Nintendo is going to reveal in their next Direct for December. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

tbahh wrote: »
    I managed to get the 2 games for €80ish instead of €99.
    It does take a (small) bit of work, but when done, you'll have saved €20 as well as having around £6-10 to spend on the eshop.

1) On this website, you're able to get Nintendo eshop cards to the value of £30 at €27.29:

https://bit.ly/32it0HH

When you buy 3 of them, it gives you £90 credit. The amount needed for the 2 game Nintendo Switch offer on the UK eshop is £84. Therefore, a surplus of £6.

2) In order to use these cards, you need a UK Nintendo eshop account. So set one up if you haven't done so already. When you have this done, you'll be able to add the 3 eshop cards to your a/c, adding £90 to your balance.

3) You'll also need a paid Nintendo Switch online for this account.
    I tried doing it with the free trial option but it doesn't work.
    I also tried changing around my Amazon prime account (I have a .co.uk and .de a/c) so I could take advantage of the free NSO Twitch offer but I only have one credit card (used for my current NSO Twitch offer) at the moment and I didn't want to wait around to see if this bargain worked.
    In the end, I decided to use £3.49 of the £6 surplus for a 1-month UK eshop subscription.

4) Once you have added a paid NSO subscription to your UK eshop a/c, you'll be able to purchase the two game Nintendo Switch voucher for £84.
    Doing this left me with £2.50 along with 420 points (therefore, £4.20) equalling around £6.70 to spend on the UK eshop. Those who manage to get around the NSO Twitch offer will have over £10 to spend.
    Note: It says something about needing a paid membership to use the voucher. As my NSO on this UK a/c is for 1 month, I plan on using mine during that timeframe for Link's Awakening and maybe Astral Chain/Fire Emblem.
    I'm sure that you could just buy the 3 eshop cards now and do this offer at a later date if you want to get Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword/Shield, or whatever Nintendo is going to reveal in their next Direct for December. :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jebus H Atheismo I am Rain Man and even I can't follow that. Definitely have to leave the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭panevthe3rd

You could buy astral chain and fire emblem for €48 each from press-start.com and save yourself a lot of hassle. You still get the gold coins too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You could buy astral chain and fire emblem for €48 each from press-start.com and save yourself a lot of hassle. You still get the gold coins too.

Fire Emblem is €45 on Shopto atm with a 3 month Nintendo online sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Ah dang!

In an effort to make things clearer, I think I may have gone a bit overboard in my ealier post :D

The deal was about buying 3 Nintendo eshop cards (value of £90) costing €81.71 on the website listed in my earlier post. Add these to a UK Nintendo eshop a/c and use the NSO (Nintendo Switch Online) exclusive promotion that allows you to buy 2 games for £84 (it's normally 2 games for €99 on the euro eshop)

Sorry for the confusion :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Have any of you globe trotters tried buying from the Argentinian eshop?

Risk of Rain 2 is €23-€30 everywhere, but just over €7 in Argentina. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »

So, what you are saying is, if we fight a losing war against the UK, over an island full of rain and sheep, we can get cheap games for the Switch...

When we invading the Shetlands then?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭chonix

Mr E wrote: »

Wait one more week and prices will go down a bit more on Arg store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Civilization 6 on sale in Argos right now, if anyone was waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,630 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ionapaul wrote: »
    Civilization 6 on sale in Argos right now, if anyone was waiting...

It's €33 for anyone wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Mario + Rabbids Donkey Kong DLC is reduced to €11.99 on the eStore. Handy for those that just have the base game.

Is this the only big dlc planned for Mario + Rabbids? Like it's not worth getting the season pass? Unless something gets announced today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Argos have Doom for €37ish if anyone is tempted. Also lists Wolfenstien 2 but it has a pic of Young Blood but I think the pic is an error.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=doom+switch&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭Ryath

Argos have Doom for €37ish if anyone is tempted. Also lists Wolfenstien 2 but it has a pic of Young Blood but I think the pic is an error.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=doom+switch&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d

Tempted but out of stock any stores I've checked

Mod: The last thread hit the 10k limit so I moved recent chat (from the start of the gamestop offer) to a new thread.

If you subbed to the old thread, make sure you switch to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Any deals on joycons going around? Stick on my right one has failed :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭peter4918

fixxxer wrote: »
    Any deals on joycons going around? Stick on my right one has failed :-/

Mine went last week aswell (R3 button). Checked with a few repair places around the country but between postage to/fro and getting it fixed it was nearly just as cheap to buy a new one. Looked around for a few days and the best I could get was €45 from Amazon delivered to parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

peter4918 wrote: »
    Mine went last week aswell (R3 button). Checked with a few repair places around the country but between postage to/fro and getting it fixed it was nearly just as cheap to buy a new one. Looked around for a few days and the best I could get was €45 from Amazon delivered to parcel motel.

Same :(

Argos, Smyth and Gamestop don't seem to sell singles any more. CeX do sell singles, but for €50.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Same :(

Argos, Smyth and Gamestop don't seem to sell singles any more. CeX do sell singles, but for €50.

€45 in CEX last week - I got one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Hi All

When will Mario Kart be showing up on Nintendo Online?

• Advertisement

The SNES version? Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening is €45.09 on CDKeys to Preorder
    https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-switch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Suckit wrote: »
    The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening is €45.09 on CDKeys to Preorder
    https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-switch
    Possible stupid question. Do they just send you a code and you download it from the e-store then?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭peter4918

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Possible stupid question. Do they just send you a code and you download it from the e-store then?

Was wondering the same thing. Is it a code or physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

CDKeys just email you the code

I didn't realise that either. I'll probably keep my physical preorder version booked so..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

You still only get the code in the box. No cartridge..

Shiny box though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,630 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yakult wrote: »
    You still only get the code in the box. No cartridge..

I think they are talking about Links Awakening.

• Advertisement

Why is there not a cartridge?

Advertisement