Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Looking at some season bets, I took Tampa Bay under 6.5 wins @ 10/11.

vs SF
    @ CAR
    vs NYG
    @ LAR
    @ NO
    vs CAR (London)
    BYE WEEK
    @ TEN
    @ SEA
    vs ARI
    vs NO
    @ ATL
    @ JAX
    vs IND
    @ DET
    vs HOU
    @ ATL

It's hard to see them going better than 2-4 before their bye and hopefully they're in tank mode by Week 8 or 9. They've gone 5-11 in the last two seasons, their division remains very tough (with one home game in London) and they have trips to Seattle and the Rams. They'll do well to get to seven wins in my humble view. Their home opener against the 49ers will be big.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,331 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You are aware they have a new head coach?

Arians worst season as a head coach to this point is 7-8-1

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are aware they have a new head coach?

Arians worst season as a head coach to this point is 7-8-1

Sure, that gave me cause for concern. Let's see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Requested a couple of bets the last few days on the #whatoddspaddy section

Browns and bears both not to make the playoffs 9/4

Afc east exact finishing order 1.pats 2.bills 3.Jets 4. Dolphins 3/1

Packers steelers falcons all over 8.5 wins dolphins and Bengals under 5.5 6/1

Gonna put something down on the finishing order as the top and bottom spot are a bit of a formality so 3/1 on the bills over the jets looks good. Will leave the other 2 alone they look a bit skinny price wise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Requested a couple of bets the last few days on the #whatoddspaddy section

Browns and bears both not to make the playoffs 9/4

Afc east exact finishing order 1.pats 2.bills 3.Jets 4. Dolphins 3/1

Packers steelers falcons all over 8.5 wins dolphins and Bengals under 5.5 6/1

Gonna put something down on the finishing order as the top and bottom spot are a bit of a formality so 3/1 on the bills over the jets looks good. Will leave the other 2 alone they look a bit skinny price wise

Browns and Bears bet is very much on the short side to me! Personally can’t see both not making it but stranger things have happened & ive been known to be wrong before ;)

Would of thought you’d have around 6/1 on it seeing as both of their lines are 9.5 games. You’d imagine one will/should hit it if the bookies are right & that would be enough for a Wild card if not the division in 2 divisions that will be tight.

• Advertisement

I also took Dolphins < 4.5 wins. It's a low total but their first four games scream 0-4 and if that happens they'll tank from there. The concern would be the potential cheap wins on offer against the Jets and Bills.

I took Baltimore moneyline 1/3 at the Dolphins on Sunday. There's question marks on Lamar Jackson but the Ravens D should make Fitzpatrick's day a tough one.

I also took Dolphins < 4.5 wins. It's a low total but their first four games scream 0-4 and if that happens they'll tank from there. The concern would be the potential cheap wins on offer against the Jets and Bills.

I took Baltimore moneyline 1/3 at the Dolphins on Sunday. There's question marks on Lamar Jackson but the Ravens D should make Fitzpatrick's day a tough one.

Tunsil and Alonso been traded away seems to tell me they are already tanking full rebuild going on there. Just noticed tonight skybet has them boosted to 9/2 to have the first pick in next years draft and 5/4 for a top 3 pick. Both look too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

9/4 on both the Browns and the Bears not to make the playoff seems like a terrible price to me.
    You can get the No at evens on both sides though so maybe the numbers say otherwise.
    It just doesn't feel like a good price at all

Bateman wrote: »
    9/4 on both the Browns and the Bears not to make the playoff seems like a terrible price to me.
    You can get the No at evens on both sides though so maybe the numbers say otherwise.
    It just doesn't feel like a good price at all

It is a terrible price I requested the price but won't be touching it I thought with both being favs for their divisions it may have been in the 7/2 or 4/1 range which would be fair but I'm happy to leave it alone at 9/4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭markc91

Any sign of a racing post preview like past years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Will prob just be in Sunday's issue I'd say, have the actually made a significant do of it in previous years?
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to them to be honest. Matchbook is a decent podcast for it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dolphins under 5.5 @ 4/9
    Colts over 6.5 @ 10/13
    Bills over 6.5 @ 2/3
    Vikings over 9.5 @ 23/20

Roethlisberger under 4475.5 Passing Yards @ 5/6
    Winston under 4435.5 Passing Yards @ 10/11

Bama Outright @ 11/5

Kicking off tonight with Chicago under 24.5 points @4/5. My perception of trubisky is much lower than most this year they have worked on simplifying the offence as he just isn't getting it and this green bay defence isn't getting much credit yet but I think they will be top 10.

Kicking off tonight with Chicago under 24.5 points @4/5. My perception of trubisky is much lower than most this year they have worked on simplifying the offence as he just isn't getting it and this green bay defence isn't getting much credit yet but I think they will be top 10.

Used up my one time being right for the year on the first night :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Colts +6.5 @ 1.99
    Rams -2 @ 1.99
    Broncos -1 @ 1.99
    Ravens/Seahawks/Broncos @ 2.94
    Jets/Cowboys @ 2.16

That Broncos line has moved out to 2.5 now I think.

Suddenly that 9/4 bet by McCoy doesn't look that bad! Long way to go but neither team will be happy after Week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Definitely taking a different approach to my betting this year. I’ll be putting less options into accounts and I think the profit is in the overs/under markets. I will be sure to remind myself every week that the Browns ALWAYS let me down 🙈

Bet this week is a double, under 48.5 total in tonight’s panthers/buccaneers games and under 43.5 total in the packers/Vikings game. €20 pays back just over €70.

Definitely taking a different approach to my betting this year. I’ll be putting less options into accounts and I think the profit is in the overs/under markets. I will be sure to remind myself every week that the Browns ALWAYS let me down 🙈

Bet this week is a double, under 48.5 total in tonight’s panthers/buccaneers games and under 43.5 total in the packers/Vikings game. €20 pays back just over €70.

By some miracle this came in. ðŸ˜႒

Not overly optimistic on my bets this week after two profitable weeks:

Rams -6, Redskins/Bears game under 41.5 and Packers/Broncos game under 43. 10 pays back 83ish.

Rams -3, Bengals +6 and Packers/Broncos under 42.5. 10 pays back 69.50.

As I said, not as optimistic this week. Have been surprised at how poor the Browns have been these last two games but knowing my luck they’ll play out of their skin this weekend!

Not overly optimistic on my bets this week after two profitable weeks:

Rams -6, Redskins/Bears game under 41.5 and Packers/Broncos game under 43. 10 pays back 83ish.

Rams -3, Bengals +6 and Packers/Broncos under 42.5. 10 pays back 69.50.

As I said, not as optimistic this week. Have been surprised at how poor the Browns have been these last two games but knowing my luck they’ll play out of their skin this weekend!

Two busts!

• Advertisement

Big on green bay tonight philly carrying alot of injuries on a short week going into lambeau doesn't bode well in my eyes.

Green bay by 14+ 13/5
    D Adams 100+ receiving yards and a td 16/5
    Adams 2+ tds packers win 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 37,331 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I went for Green Bay -10 @ 21/10 and Packers win, Scantling anytime td @ 5/2.

Big on green bay tonight philly carrying alot of injuries on a short week going into lambeau doesn't bode well in my eyes.

Green bay by 14+ 13/5

I’m all for Packers too, Seahawks as well v cardinals as I think they need a big week.

Packers -4 and Seahawks -5, 20 pays out just over 70 and hoping both can cover it no problem.

Also have Seahawks -5.5 doubles with under 42.5 in the Patriots/Bills game, again 20 pays just over 70

Green bay by 14+ 13/5

Adams goes 10 for 180 and misses the most important plays of the game with injury so no td

Miami over 14 points
    Tampa over 19.5
    Baltimore over 27.5
    Treble 11/2

Colts -6
    Chiefs -4
    Skins -2
    7/1

D Moore(seattle) any time td 11/2
    2 or more 66/1

Vikings ht/ft
    Chargers ht/ft
    Patriots ht/ft
    10/3

Anytimes
    David Johnson
    Mark ingram
    Adam thielen
    13/2

Vikings ht/ft
    Chargers ht/ft
    Patriots ht/ft
    10/3

Anytimes
    David Johnson
    Mark ingram
    Adam thielen
    13/2

2 out of 3 on both last week. But this week is the first time this year I love where the lines are at going in early on these ones.

Rams -3 10/11
    San fran are a very false 4-0 they have played average teams in bad spots rams will be there toughest test yet and with the extra rest I'm big on the rams

Eagles +3 10/11
    Phillys o line and d line are the winning and losing of this game imo they are strong enough up front to slow cook down and put the game in cousins hands and he can't get it done against decent teams. Was gonna go on the ml but I'll take the 3 while it's there.

Falcons -2.5 10/11
    Inconsistent as they are Atlanta have faced a brutal schedule so far Arizona by far the worst team they have played and if they are going to make anything of this year they need to be winning here.

Gone big on the rams and a decent sized double on the other 2. Other leans that I haven't pulled the trigger on yet are

Panthers -2
    Texans +5
    Lions +4.5
    Bengals +12

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

2 out of 3 on both last week. But this week is the first time this year I love where the lines are at going in early on these ones.

Rams -3 10/11
    San fran are a very false 4-0 they have played average teams in bad spots rams will be there toughest test yet and with the extra rest I'm big on the rams

Eagles +3 10/11
    Phillys o line and d line are the winning and losing of this game imo they are strong enough up front to slow cook down and put the game in cousins hands and he can't get it done against decent teams. Was gonna go on the ml but I'll take the 3 while it's there.

Falcons -2.5 10/11
    Inconsistent as they are Atlanta have faced a brutal schedule so far Arizona by far the worst team they have played and if they are going to make anything of this year they need to be winning here.

Gone big on the rams and a decent sized double on the other 2. Other leans that I haven't pulled the trigger on yet are

Panthers -2
    Texans +5
    Lions +4.5
    Bengals +12

Will be taking the Rams & Falcons myself. Seahawks are -1.5 @CLE, going off form I'm taking extra points. Don't fancy the Bengals myself but they seem to get back into games in garbage time so the line looks good on them.

Been taking extra points here and there in games and getting it up but only one acca win so far, Browns to Beat Jets week 3 on MNF sealed it, took extra on Browns and got over €80 back on a two quid bet. Had them +8.5 last MNF last leg of a five fold but they shat the bed.

Fancy the Pats tonight to spank the Giants who have a lot of injuries, 3rd choice RB with a rookie QB. 16.5 in the line

• Advertisement

Biggest play for tonight is pats o6.5 in the first quarter @8/11

Small on michel 2 or more 11/4
    Brandon Bolden anytime 4/1

Advertisement