Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,948 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

15781449_1269976676396793_1278535867423649833_n.jpg?oh=dfafe4c96fd94a9c601ee36d058509b9&oe=58E1E1FC

"As you’ve seen in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Link will need to battle enemies called Guardians that come in a variety of sizes and shapes."

https://www.facebook.com/LegendofZelda/photos/a.171885779539227.41729.170177419710063/1269976676396793/?type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nice callback to the original Zelda
    2520864-m_loz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That pic was part of the inspiration for Breath of the Wild too! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Sorry for the stupid question.

Last Zelda game I played was twilight princess. Years ago on the wii.

Has there been others since then and can I play them and this new one on a wii / wii u?

Fell out of gaming but always come back for legend of Zelda if I can.

Any advice appreciated.

david75 wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid question.

Last Zelda game I played was twilight princess. Years ago on the wii.

Has there been others since then and can I play them and this new one on a wii / wii u?

Fell out of gaming but always come back for legend of Zelda if I can.

Any advice appreciated.

There's been a few efforts. There was Skyward Sword. Biting my tongue and moving on. They ported Twilight Princess and Wind Waker to the Wii U. Breath Of The Wild is supposed to be on Wii U. It would be crushing if they decide not to do so and just release it on the Switch.

There was also a Link Between Worlds on the 3DS and remakes of Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask. Sorry I'm tired. So I'm going to sleep now and can't post more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Re Skyward Sword
    The use of the overworld as little more than an over complicated dungeon, barring entry to the main events, the dungeons proper themselves, really drained my enjoyment of the game, coupled with the gods awful motion controls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Re Skyward Sword
    The use of the overworld as little more than an over complicated dungeon, barring entry to the main events, the dungeons proper themselves, really drained my enjoyment of the game, coupled with the gods awful motion controls.

Funnily enough, I only the other day gave up on Skyward Sword. I thought it must be just me, given how glowing most reviews were, but I just found the controls so much of a nuisance. After 4 hours I just gave up. Pity, as I was enjoying everything except the controls. If it ever gets a remake, with regular controls, I'll try it again

Was just thinking, with the rumour of a delay for Europe, how do you think that will affect the Wii U release? Can't import it as it's region locked and if they still stagger the release, that would mean it's even later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Skyward sword

given that most the recent zeldas got remastered i wouldnt be a bit surpised to see skyward sword HD to be honest, hopefully for the switch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A remasterd Skyward Sword with not a motion control in sight would be fantastic.

deadduck wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I only the other day gave up on Skyward Sword. I thought it must be just me, given how glowing most reviews were, but I just found the controls so much of a nuisance. After 4 hours I just gave up. Pity, as I was enjoying everything except the controls. If it ever gets a remake, with regular controls, I'll try it again

Ironically, about the only thing I enjoyed in Skyward Sword were the motion controls. They weren't perfect, I'll agree, with the constant recalibration(otherwise they were really good) but that was the least of the games problems. They improved the game in some ways, though that's not saying much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Skyward Sword seems built around motion controls though, the combat and some puzzles don't really work on a normal controller. You need the precision to swing at an enemy in a specific direction. So it'd be hard to see a remake without keeping the same control scheme.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Skyward Sword seems built around motion controls though, the combat and some puzzles don't really work on a normal controller. You need the precision to swing at an enemy in a specific direction. So it'd be hard to see a remake without keeping the same control scheme.

Could the precise sword strikes not be just mapped to a second analogue stick though? I didn't play much of it, but the whole time, while trying to get to grips with frustrating controls, I kept saying to myself "this could all be done with a regular (GameCube or pro?) controller"

But, like I said, I only played 4 hrs, so maybe there was other stuff that couldn't be reworked as easily for a regular controller...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Said it many times here, but I loved Skyward Sword. The regular recalibration of the remotes, and Fi's... 'over-helpfulness' aside. (Yes, I know the batteries are low, you've been telling me for an hour now.)

To me, it felt like a love letter to a lot of the other games, with hints of things to come later in the time line, and suggestions of things that had come before too.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Said it many times here, but I loved Skyward Sword. The regular recalibration of the remotes, and Fi's... 'over-helpfulness' aside. (Yes, I know the batteries are low, you've been telling me for an hour now.)

To me, it felt like a love letter to a lot of the other games, with hints of things to come later in the time line, and suggestions of things that had come before too.

Yeah, but you're as odd as socks, so your opinion doesn't count!

Did you see the Guardians trailer... can't wait!
    More excited about that than SW ep8!

I don't remember any issues with the controls in Skyward Sword, except maybe when playing the harp. Don't think there was actually any rhythm to it except waving back and forth since that's what got me past it

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't remember any issues with the controls in Skyward Sword, except maybe when playing the harp. Don't think there was actually any rhythm to it except waving back and forth since that's what got me past it

There wasn't.

15873264_1278532382207889_915198244506697621_n.jpg?oh=53e773e46861b555b5eaf881b43a1446&oe=591988E3

"This concept art shows the outfit of a worker in Hyrule."

https://www.facebook.com/LegendofZeldaUK/?brand_redir=170177419710063

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Star Lord wrote: »

Loved it. Only played it through a couple of years back. One of my favourite games ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Confirmed for both Wii U and Switch for March 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭Ryath

£40 on amazon want the game on launch but whether for Wii U or pre order a Switch. Have been holding of buying Wii U games waiting for news on Switch backwards compatibility. Really don't want to be buying games for it now if I'm going to have to fork out full price again.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Zelda-Breath-Wild-Nintendo/dp/B00KL32AJA/ref=pd_sbs_63_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=62V1996C8ZWX0J1RC8GW

Anyone want to hazard a guess at Argos and Smyths launch prices for the Wii u version. GameStop have a pre-order price of €70 on their site, not paying that when it can be got from Amazon for £40, but if either of the others are reasonable, I'll go b&m

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

Edit: The Master Edition comes with the following (seen in the image below):
    • Master Sword Statute
    • Nintendo Switch Sheikah Slate Carrying Case
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 
    • 24-Song Soundtrack CD
    • Sheikah Eye Collectible Coin
    • Relic of Hyrule: Calamity Gamon Tapestry and Weather-Worn Map
    • Collectible Box

NintendoSwitch_TLOZBreathoftheWild_boxart_MasterBundle.jpg

Meanwhile, the Special Edition comes with:
    • Nintendo Switch Sheikah Slate Carrying Case
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 
    • 24-Song Soundtrack CD
    • Sheikah Eye Collectible Coin
    • Relic of Hyrule: Calamity Gamon Tapestry and Weather-Worn Map
    • Special Edition Box

NintendoSwitch_TLOZBreathoftheWild_boxart_MasterBundle.jpg

Even more amiibo are coming too. Zelda and Bokoblin.
    Zelda.jpg

bokoblin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Where's the best place to get the limited edition release? It's 90 quid on amazon and sold out on amazon fr and not amazon de.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

and there's a master edition as well.

How many copies to I have to buy now?! A special edition WiiU one, a regular switch one (to play), special edition and a master edition.

Looks like I'll have to wait until the summer to get a switch :pac:

Advertisement