Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

This should end my splatoon days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Maybe it was the lack of a familiar theme, but I'm a tad underwhelmed tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm reserving judgement til I see this gameplay footage. I'm also hoping the NX version will look even prettier/the landscape more alive. The clip they showed looked a little baron to me.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm reserving judgement til I see this gameplay footage. I'm also hoping the NX version will look even prettier/the landscape more alive. The clip they showed looked a little baron to me.

It did look barren & empty, gorgeous mind, but a bit soul-less for want of a better description. Don't get me wrong, I'm up there with the biggest of Zelda fans, but I admit to not feeling any particular excitement for this based on the trailer. I'm sure though it'll be stellar in the end.

Was that the supposed Wii U version? If so, it looks a bit beyond what the Wii U can pull off, but not quite as nice as I thought the NX would be...

I take it back, the game itself looks very interesting :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah looks very promising. So hard to judge when we've seen so little of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks awesome, do ye think there will be any differences between the WII U version and NX?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Looks awesome, do ye think there will be any differences between the WII U version and NX?

Higher resolution, more enemies and items on screen, maybe a bit sharper, bigger draw distance. I don't know, just guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

IGN was talking about Amiibo.

3 Amiibo coming: Link in bow shooting stance, Link on horseback and guardian with posable tentacles.

And the Wolf Link Amiibo functionality is
    The Amiibo will bring out wolf link as a companion that will stay until he runs out of hearts and can only be summoned once per day

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I love the look of it - am I alone in getting a vibe that this is very much a spiritual successor to Windwaker?? The cel shading, the stealing your enemies' weapons, the continuity of the overworld (I admit most of WW's was underwater :) ), the whole 'lost Hyrule' thing?

Can't frigging wait tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

WiiU version will be €89 NX version €109 but will include a poster and maybe a copy of Just dance 2017
    WiiU version will be released 3 weeks after the NX version

WiiU version will have paid Dlc Nx versions dlc will unlock via nfc witha WiiU that must not have been turned on in 18 months.

Nx version will have an unlockable version of Boulder Dash :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sparks43 wrote: »
    WiiU version will be €89 NX version €109 but will include a poster and maybe a copy of Just dance 2017

WiiU version will have paid Dlc Nx versions dlc will unlock via nfc witha WiiU that must not have been turned on in 18 months.

Who said you could post again!?
    Back under the bridge, troll!! ;)

Aonuma when asked if the NX version will have any exclusive features said that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the “same experience” on Nintendo NX as on Wii U.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sparks43 wrote: »

I cant tell if you being serious or not?

:pac:

sligeach wrote: »
    Aonuma when asked if the NX version will have any exclusive features said that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the “same experience” on Nintendo NX as on Wii U.

If that is indeed the case Maybe its time to invest in a WII U then and get the xeno game too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I cant tell if you being serious or not?

:pac:

I think cidona lad could enlighten you on that :D

Although Troll :eek::confused: Im not a troll :(

They just confirmed in an interview that the game will have no towns. They clarified that it's a Hyrule in ruins and they took direct inspiration from the world of the NES LOZ. They did confirm that there will be a handful of stray NPCs throughout the world but no towns or villages in the traditional sense. Also, they claimed that Link will not have any kind of partner and will be exploring alone for the entire game.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1233595

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They just showed a trial room with a freeze time rune (as well as freezing time, you can smash things to build up kinetic energy and watch them fly when time unfreezes). Very clever. I can imagine some of the later puzzles that use that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Mr E wrote: »
    They just showed a trial room with a freeze time rune (as well as freezing time, you can smash things to build up kinetic energy and watch them fly when time unfreezes). Very clever. I can imagine some of the later puzzles that use that.

That was so cool, i envisage a boss battle where you have to launch things at the boss by using that mechanic.

Cooking hot peppers to give you cold resistance... nice.

• Advertisement

That old guy in the robe reminds me of Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule from the windwaker.

They just confirmed in an interview that the game will have no towns. They clarified that it's a Hyrule in ruins and they took direct inspiration from the world of the NES LOZ. They did confirm that there will be a handful of stray NPCs throughout the world but no towns or villages in the traditional sense. Also, they claimed that Link will not have any kind of partner and will be exploring alone for the entire game.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1233595

There are towns, just not shown in E3.

Bill trinens after saying that there will be towns and other characters when you get further into the game, but the E3 version is meant not to spoil the story.

snap :)

Poor bill looked so nervous

Those shrines look amazing. I'd be happy with a few dozen of those (in lieu of lots of full dungeons)

yep, definitely especially one as puzzley as that last one.

I just read that you can go straight to the final boss at the start of the game (if you want!).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The game looks great. I loved the trailer, and I like that Link seems to be using some technology instead of magic, which looked interesting.

Will be getting this for NX in all likelihood, and I hope they show it running on the NX soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Mr E wrote: »
    Those shrines look amazing. I'd be happy with a few dozen of those (in lieu of lots of full dungeons)

There is meant to be near 100 shrines as well as full dungeons. Not 100% but have heard talk of it.

Kinda sad to hear of no towns, does make sense in that this is a barren, abandoned landscape. Wonder if its just after Wind Waker, when the sea has receded and nobody has recolonized the land. Also explains the Master Sword lying rusted in the grove, the Zelda and Link (plus possibly Ganondorf) bloodlines have all left to the new continent in Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    There is meant to be near 100 shrines as well as full dungeons. Not 100% but have heard talk of it.

Kinda sad to hear of no towns, does make sense in that this is a barren, abandoned landscape. Wonder if its just after Wind Waker, when the sea has receded and nobody has recolonized the land. Also explains the Master Sword lying rusted in the grove, the Zelda and Link (plus possibly Ganondorf) bloodlines have all left to the new continent in Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.

But there will be towns and other characters in the game, the E3 demo deliberately avoided / excluded these so as not to spoil the game, They appear later in the game, Bill trinen confirmed this during one of the playthroughs.

Advertisement