Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Arizona Cardinals thread!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭DaithiMa

DM_2092 wrote: »
    I feel we're not as good as our 2015 team. And when it comes to expectation, not as good as what our 2016 team should have been!

I really hope either Isabella or Butler breakthrough this season. I can't wait. When this corona crap is over, I'm making sure I get to see them live. I missed them in Wembley that time we were battered by the Rams cos of work.

I was at that game with a Rams fan (it was actually at Twickenham) andbelieve me it was miserable! We missed a FG with our first possession I think and then it was game over. Apart from the match it was a great weekend though.

I am very optimistic about this season. Bar 4 big losses to the seahawks, panthers, saints and rams we were right in most of the other games we lost in 2019. I think most of the defeats were 1 or 2 score games. I had big doubts about Kingsbury at the start given some of his brutal calls but the offence definitely improved as the season went on.

Murray will have learned a lot from last season and the addition of Hopkins could be huge if he has chemistry with him. If Kirk is 100% fit he'll be a weapon too. I think the Cards will comfortably make the play-offs and who knows what will happen then. 50/1 still available for the Superbowl with a couple of bookies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

DaithiMa wrote: »
    I was at that game with a Rams fan (it was actually at Twickenham) andbelieve me it was miserable! We missed a FG with our first possession I think and then it was game over. Apart from the match it was a great weekend though.

I am very optimistic about this season. Bar 4 big losses to the seahawks, panthers, saints and rams we were right in most of the other games we lost in 2019. I think most of the defeats were 1 or 2 score games. I had big doubts about Kingsbury at the start given some of his brutal calls but the offence definitely improved as the season went on.

Murray will have learned a lot from last season and the addition of Hopkins could be huge if he has chemistry with him. If Kirk is 100% fit he'll be a weapon too. I think the Cards will comfortably make the play-offs and who knows what will happen then. 50/1 still available for the Superbowl with a couple of bookies :)

Ooff that's a big ask. I hope you're right though.

Great start. Should have won by more only for missed FGs. Murray and Hopkins already showing signs of chemistry. Bring on the Lions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Great start. Should have won by more only for missed FGs. Murray and Hopkins already showing signs of chemistry. Bring on the Lions :)
    The defense really stepped up in this game. Big plays at the end but to keep this game close all the way was important. Still on offence need to figure out how to avoid the pressure being allowed on Murray - his touchdown run was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

You mean the Skins? Haha. Bring em all on!!

• Advertisement

DM_2092 wrote: »
    You mean the Skins? Haha. Bring em all on!!

Haha yeah, I thought we had the Lions next for some reason but bring them on now!

Another good win yesterday but still plenty of improvement to come on offence. We did a lot of good things first half but it was very sloppy for a couple of drives in the 2nd half and that needs to sharpen up.

On the plus side Murray is electric on the ground and Larry showed he is going to benefit from teams double teaming Hopkins. Good to see some others contributing with sacks on defence apart from Jones and can't really ask for a better start than 2-0.

Haha yeah, I thought we had the Lions next for some reason but bring them on now!

Another good win yesterday but still plenty of improvement to come on offence. We did a lot of good things first half but it was very sloppy for a couple of drives in the 2nd half and that needs to sharpen up.

On the plus side Murray is electric on the ground and Larry showed he is going to benefit from teams double teaming Hopkins. Good to see some others contributing with sacks on defence apart from Jones and can't really ask for a better start than 2-0.

A lot of talk about Murray height discussed with the interceptions - not seeing the defensive backs. More importantly the game plan seems so be too set in stone and no variety in the ways of using Murray to keep the defense guessing!
    Three road games now and with less mistakes all are winnable but will need defence to be more competitive to keep the scores down and allow Murray to use his talent to get our
    scores high enough.

dougal wrote: »
    A lot of talk about Murray height discussed with the interceptions - not seeing the defensive backs. More importantly the game plan seems so be too set in stone and no variety in the ways of using Murray to keep the defense guessing!
    Three road games now and with less mistakes all are winnable but will need defence to be more competitive to keep the scores down and allow Murray to use his talent to get our
    scores high enough.

Well the loss last week seemed to bring the need to change the game plan. Murray passing for 380 yards and getting the win. I liked the additional use of Edmunds as a pass target and the catches DeHop made for his TD were amazing.
    The defence were getting more done yesterday now hopefully can get more confidence and keep the games close enough to allow Murray to do his stuff.

What a game!

There was so much in this to wonder how we managed to pull this off but we did.
    The almost pick six from Budda Baker followed by the failure to score then the great drive at the end to bring it to overtime and the made/missed field goal to win it followed by the interception from our rookie to getting the second chance for the field goal winner and making it for an amazing win.

Game management shocking after the last turnover. The match should have been near over before Bills got the go ahead score only that 2 pass plays were called. What a way to win though, some catch by Hopkins. Go on the Cards!!!

• Advertisement

https://giphy.com/gifs/nfl-football-nfl-2020-week-10-6uFKGzgoSTR0m6gOjQ

Some win with 2 seconds left after giving up the lead and Murray making the throw when moving left to make the endzone from midfield and with 3 defensive backs marking Hopkins.
    It takes more than 3 to Stop De Hop!

Well 8-8 is a getting there season.
    Losing the last 2 to backup Quarterbacks is bad but one win would have been the playoffs.
    Team would not have gone far in the playoffs but have the capabilities of winning when everything is going right.
    Beating 3 playoff teams including the AFC 2 seed. Now just to build on the team.
    This years draft was mainly backups that did get some game time but no standout plays really.
    So this year possibly a corner back or a dual threat running back to go with Murray.
    A lot of talk about changing head coach but maybe am offensive coordinator that can make the play calls with more variance than Kingsbury.
    Ah well at least growth and not a losing season and nearly making the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Yeah, offensive play calling is quite poor, seems to be curl routes, so everyone is covered, and then Murray has to scramble. And a scrambling QB is always gonna get hurt and miss some game time......

Hopefully I'll get over for a game in the Autumn, maybe even a home playoff game!!:cool:

BaronVon wrote: »
    Yeah, offensive play calling is quite poor, seems to be curl routes, so everyone is covered, and then Murray has to scramble. And a scrambling QB is always gonna get hurt and miss some game time......

Hopefully I'll get over for a game in the Autumn, maybe even a home playoff game!!:cool:

Fingers crossed that travel and crowds will be available later this year would love to get back to a game.

Advertisement