Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Multipass wrote: »
    Don’t hurry, enjoy yourself. And don’t spoil the game by time travelling. Catch fish and chill out :cool:

Sound. That's the plan anyway. Been doing plenty fishing but only just realised I can give fish and bugs to Tom Nook to initiate Blathers coming along. Definitely not doing the time travel thing.

Can I have a second local player on my island, reckon herself might enjoy pottering around with me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

skerry wrote: »
    Sound. That's the plan anyway. Been doing plenty fishing but only just realised I can give fish and bugs to Tom Nook to initiate Blathers coming along. Definitely not doing the time travel thing.

Can I have a second local player on my island, reckon herself might enjoy pottering around with me

Yes, just make sure your second player knows that they will be slightly limited compared to player 1 - won’t be able to sell plots, or place bridges or ramps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Lovely Merengue is in boxes today if anyone has an empty plot and would like her!

Also if any new players here want a whole load of DIY recipes please let me know! My recycle box is nearly full with them!

Also if any new players here want a whole load of DIY recipes please let me know! My recycle box is nearly full with them!

I'll take anything that might be if use to a second day AC noob :) Unfortunately, I have no clue how this works or what I need to do on my end.

• Advertisement

I'll take anything that might be if use to a second day AC noob :) Unfortunately, I have no clue how this works or what I need to do on my end.

Do you have the Nintendo online membership? If you do then you can add me as a friend in the switch menu and then use your airport to fly over to my island. Just need to let me know so I'm online and open the gate at my airport.
    My friend code is SW 5122 3603 6242

Do you have the Nintendo online membership? If you do then you can add me as a friend in the switch menu and then use your airport to fly over to my island. Just need to let me know so I'm online and open the gate at my airport.
    My friend code is SW 5122 3603 6242

Sound. I have online. Will add you if I get on later and hopefully figure it out. I presume anything people want to offload to others will be generally in recycle box?

Sound. I have online. Will add you if I get on later and hopefully figure it out. I presume anything people want to offload to others will be generally in recycle box?

Well that's where I keep them cause you can't store DIY recipes in your home storage, but usually the recycle box is just junk your villagers are getting rid of.

Also, is there anything I absolutely should or shouldn't do apart from the obvious chores on the first couple of days ?

One tip, somewhat related to this...
    TK Lemon wrote: »
    I’m in the process of flattening my whole island and redesigning it. Starting to enjoy playing it again. :)

Whatever about the weeds, but don't let the flowers get out of control. I've been trying to revamp my island, and just lose motivation because the flowers I let get out of control, just take so much time to get rid of. :rolleyes:

You have to dig them up individually, and they don't stack in your inventory. Dig 25 flowers, sell 25 flowers, dig 25 flowers, sell 25 flowers, dig 12 flowers, replace shovel, ....

One tip, somewhat related to this...

Whatever about the weeds, but don't let the flowers get out of control. I've been trying to revamp my island, and just lose motivation because the flowers I let get out of control, just take so much time to get rid of. :rolleyes:

You have to dig them up individually, and they don't stack in your inventory. Dig 25 flowers, sell 25 flowers, dig 25 flowers, sell 25 flowers, dig 12 flowers, replace shovel, ....

Yes, it helps to confine the flowers with fences, or even invisible patterns to stop them taking over. Also when selling them it’s quicker to use the outside bin at the shop. I was about 6 months in when I realised you can also use that during the daytime, hah

• Advertisement

I've been playing pretty much just this since I got it Friday and enjoying it so far anyway. I've made decent progress I think. Bridge made and 3 new house plots up and ready to go so should have 3 new islanders tomorrow. Museum is up and running and Nooks Cranny too.

Finding it hard to plan out this early on so I'm just placing houses etc as best I think makes sense and will probably end up shelling out a load of bells to move everything once things take shape.

I invited the first 3 animals I met on the random islands and Im thinking I was probably a bit eager. I presume I could have visited other islands and got other options? Hopefully they are OK, I presume they all just spout variations of squeaky dialogue anyway.

I thought the random islands were supposed to have different fruits etc than your own but so far they just seem to be mini variations of my own.

Thanks for the flower tips. I have a few planted here and there and some pumpkins on the go so will fence off anything I want to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Whatever about the weeds, but don't let the flowers get out of control. .

i let my flowers go every where. it limits where the money tree golden spot, and the fossils can spawn which make them easier to find when you just quickly pop in everyday :pac:

I've been playing pretty much just this since I got it Friday and enjoying it so far anyway. I've made decent progress I think. Bridge made and 3 new house plots up and ready to go so should have 3 new islanders tomorrow. Museum is up and running and Nooks Cranny too.

Finding it hard to plan out this early on so I'm just placing houses etc as best I think makes sense and will probably end up shelling out a load of bells to move everything once things take shape.

I invited the first 3 animals I met on the random islands and Im thinking I was probably a bit eager. I presume I could have visited other islands and got other options? Hopefully they are OK, I presume they all just spout variations of squeaky dialogue anyway.

I thought the random islands were supposed to have different fruits etc than your own but so far they just seem to be mini variations of my own.

Thanks for the flower tips. I have a few planted here and there and some pumpkins on the go so will fence off anything I want to keep.

Your villagers can move and be replaced with other guys as time goes on anyway. The mystery islands will only give you mostly your own fruit and there's a chance for an island with one other type. But you have to get the rest from friends.

You can come visit me and pick fruit and plant the trees on your own island, just let me know when :)

Your villagers can move and be replaced with other guys as time goes on anyway. The mystery islands will only give you mostly your own fruit and there's a chance for an island with one other type. But you have to get the rest from friends.

You can come visit me and pick fruit and plant the trees on your own island, just let me know when :)

Legend, thanks. I have you added there so can arrange to pop over next time I'm online if your on at same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Game arrived today so I've got my island going and just been tottering around fishing and picking weeds and other basic activities. Have nearly 4000 Miles so nearly enough to pay initial loan. Any advantage to paying off on first day. Also, is there anything I absolutely should or shouldn't do apart from the obvious chores on the first couple of days ?

Don't eat fruit efore hitting rocks, and look up the pattern of how to maximise what you get from the rocks. Best starter advice I can give you

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Don't eat fruit efore hitting rocks, and look up the pattern of how to maximise what you get from the rocks. Best starter advice I can give you

This 100%

Using the flimsy tools for as long as you can is helpful too, most of them can be replaced easily by shaking trees for branches, save the iron nuggets you get from the rocks for now as you'll need a bunch shortly.

It's been so long since I've played it but some things stick with you :)

Rhyme wrote: »
    This 100%

Using the flimsy tools for as long as you can is helpful too, most of them can be replaced easily by shaking trees for branches, save the iron nuggets you get from the rocks for now as you'll need a bunch shortly.

And also save up your nook miles so you can go to other islands to get more of those damn iron nuggets - for when you need that bunch

Rhyme wrote: »
    This 100%

I've been re crafting the fancy tools since I got the recipe, didn't even think of using the flimsy ones and conserving iron nuggets.
    Is it for building the shop I'll need them, I have that done if it is. Needed 30 for that.

A week in and still enjoying it and logging on daily. Island doesn't look much different apart from a few more inhabitants and museum etc. Have a few money trees on the go so might get to pay off my first house extension tomorrow all going well.

Seen you were online there and popped over to the airport but I'm guessing your gates aren't open. Was gonna grab those recipes and steal some fruit but can get you next time maybe.

Seen you were online there and popped over to the airport but I'm guessing your gates aren't open. Was gonna grab those recipes and steal some fruit but can get you next time maybe.

Oh I'll open it now! Celeste the owl is around too if you talk to her she gives a special recipe

• Advertisement

Oh I'll open it now! Celeste the owl is around too if you talk to her she gives a special recipe

Legend, thanks for that. Quick snoop for more recipes on the way out lol. Serious set up, loving the mini space centre exhibit. Apologies for slowest chat typing ever, presume there's a quicker way that in game chat app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

There's a nintendo online app for your phone as well that lets you chat in game

Does anyone have the Tom Nook poster? :D

RedRochey wrote: »
    There's a nintendo online app for your phone as well that lets you chat in game

Does anyone have the Tom Nook poster? :D

I have his Amiibo, I can order you the poster later today.

I have his Amiibo, I can order you the poster later today.

Oh that would be class if it's not too much effort, thanks!

Been obsessively harvesting Wood every day and now have no storage space left. Think tonight will be a crafting night using my new collection of recipes and try make my island look lived in.

Been obsessively harvesting Wood every day and now have no storage space left. Think tonight will be a crafting night using my new collection of recipes and try make my island look lived in.

You mean all the storage space in your house? Is that not like a thousand pieces of wood? :D

RedRochey wrote: »
    You mean all the storage space in your house? Is that not like a thousand pieces of wood? :D

How dare you......its 750 :D

Hot item of the day, wooden block table, off I run to my house to clear out that wood stash. I knew I had a reason for hoarding it. Flush for bells and it only took me mashing the A button about a million times :)

Have residential services up and running proper now and there are a lot more cool options like robots and such to start spending miles on. Game has opened up a lot more now and can finally start making my island look like a real place of my own and not a field with some houses in it.

Do the items that pop up for redeeming nook miles on at the machine refresh daily or how does that work. Just wondering if I need to grab some of the things I want or do I have loads of time to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Do the items that pop up for redeeming nook miles on at the machine refresh daily or how does that work. Just wondering if I need to grab some of the things I want or do I have loads of time to do that.

Some if them do, but they'll typically come up often enough, so just grab as and when you see something you like / want.

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Some if them do, but they'll typically come up often enough, so just grab as and when you see something you like / want.

Lots of shiny new things to spend my miles on anyway. Hit a bit of a lull there and was wondering what to spend my miles I was accumulating on but now I'm thinking I'll be needing a lot more miles.

Advertisement