Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting stronger getting older

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Could you just seal them?

With what?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    With what?

A sealer...

Like you'd use to protect painted metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I am envious. Well wear.

Will the young lad have to walk through the doorway to give you a handout?

I am envious. Well wear.

Will the young lad have to walk through the doorway to give you a handout?

Haha it’s set up very temporarily there. He’s mad to help paint the plates now. Wonder will he be so eager when I’m dragging his ass out of bed at 5 am to squat. Ah, the joys of being a six year old

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have not so fond memories of being dragged out of bed to caddy for my dad around a golf course on Saturday mornings. Spent the first half longing for the inevitable cuppa and mars bar after the 9th hole and the 2nd half wondering if I'd get home on time to watch Catch The Pigeon.

Your son will still have it easy. Kids these days, huh

• Advertisement

Deadlift

100kg x 5
    120kg x 3
    140kg x 2
    150kg x 1
    170kg x 1
    180kg x 1

I said I’d deadlift today as I’m not set up for that at home yet. Was close to max there I’d say. Technically I didn’t fall to pieces but it was slow. Happy enough with the numbers.

Lat pull down

100kg x 3 x 8
    110kg x 8
    120kg x 5

Surprised I got the weight so high on these.

Home gym from now until Xmas.

New j hooks came today. Absolutely perfect fit and way better quality that I had hoped for. A ball of work to do at home over the weekend but hopefully I’ll get some lifting done too

Homegym

Squat

Warmups to 100kg x 3

110kg x 1
    120kg x 1
    130kg x 1
    100kg x 10

Buzzing after that. Did not think I’d enjoy a home workout. The weight felt light. I honestly think I had 150 in me if needed. Said I’d go the cardio route at the end instead of maxing out. Delighted with how light everything felt. Shoulder feels almost perfect.

The young lad even tried a few on the empty bar.

Bench press

50kg x 4 x 12 PB :)

Safety’s are perfect on this rack. 1/2” from my neck. What more could I ask for. Having a 6 year old cheer me on got me to 12 on the last set.

Romanian deadlift

60kg x 10
    100kg x 2 x 10
    120kg x 8

It’s been a long time since I did RDL’s. Got a good pump in the hamstrings and lats

Bench press

52kg x 4 x 12 pb :)

I can’t say 2kg made much difference until the last 5 reps of set 4. Still happy to complete all the sets.
    I was planning for 55kg but I was busy supersetting these sets with spray painting the 5’s. Found the old micro plates so I used them.

I’ve kinda gone a bit mental buying stuff for the home gym. On the way I have 17mm rubber mats for deadlifting, a landmine t bar attachment thingy, pulley cable thing that’ll work for lat pull downs and triceps push downs and a deadlift jack

Squat

100kg x 3
    110kg x 2
    120kg x 1
    130kg x 3 x 3

Really surprised and happy that I’m back to triples at 130. I was even tempted to go for extra reps but old age and sense prevailed this time.
    Think it’s time I did some sort of program now. I’ve literally no excuse not to

Bench press

60kg x 3 x 8
    S/S
    5kg plate Rev flys x 3 x 12

Very happy with the benching.

• Advertisement

BB rows @45 degrees, wide grip. Little finger on ring

40kg x 15
    50kg x 4 x 15

BB shrugs paused at top

90kg x 4 x 12

Overhead tricep extension supersetted with bicep curl. Both with curl bar

29kg x 4 x 10

Grand upper body pump today

Busy busy week. I came home today at lunch and my deadlifting mats were here. Two monsters. 6 x 4 and 40kg each and the best quality mats I ever did see. Lovely finish to them. My Viking press handle arrived too. I Cant fit the mats until the cheaper foam mats arrive to put underneath them.
    While I was there I moved the rack and that gave me head height to do some overhead presses.

Bar x 2 x 10
    30kg x 8
    35kg x 8
    40kg 8, 5
    45kg x 5

I had no idea where ohp was at these days. These felt ok today. I have a new program done up so I’ll start that any day now.

Db Rev flys

9kg x 3 x 15

Just to balance out the front deltoids ;)

Squat

70kg x 6
    85kg x 6
    100kg x 6
    115kg x 6
    125kg x 6

New program starts today

That was tougher than I expected. It’s been a while since I did cardio this early. Got up too late and ran out of time for RDLs

Bench press

45kg x 6
    50kg x 6
    55kg x 6
    60kg x 6
    65kg x 6

Got through these ok. The bar path was a bit sloppy.

BB row

50kg x 3 x 8

Handy

Bicep curl/tricep overhead extension 29kg x 3 x 10

Deadlift

100kg x 6
    115kg x 6
    125kg x 6
    135kg x 6
    145kg x 6

So today was written off as another missed day. That was the case until I went home to collect something and saw my rack looking at me with her luring eyes. I cancelled my next job and did the main set of the prescribed deadlift session.
    New mats set down. I was a mistake of putting the softer mats under the standing area as there’s a tiny bit of give underneath now, same as if I was wearing runners.

Weight moved ok. They all felt pretty solid. Cardio over. Below is the top set 145kg.

You need to attach bigger images.

You need to attach bigger images.

Not sure if you’re messing?

Not sure if you’re messing?

I am :)

I am :)

Sorry. I do it all from My phone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i approve of the plate colours
    we have the same collars i think

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    i approve of the plate colours
    we have the same collars i think

collar-friends.jpg

OHP

Bar x 10
    30kg x 6
    32kg x 6
    37kg x 6
    40kg x 6
    42kg x 6

Ohp is feeling ok these days. No pain in either shoulder

Slingshot Bench press

60kg x 4 x 8

I had no idea how to judge what weight to use. It was my first time using Marc belles slingshot. I felt the triceps were used more. 60 moved very easy and I had plenty left in the tank.

Single hand DB row

34kg x 3 x 10

I’ve rarely done these in the past, simply because I hate them. I’ll try stick with them for a while

Shrugs 100kg x 3 x 10
    Bicep curl 29kg x 3 x 10
    DB Rev flys 9kg x 3 x 10
    Overhead tricep ext 29kg x 3 x 10

Supersetted these 4 to see if I’d live afterwards. I am alive. Weren’t too bad actually

Slingshot Bench press

60kg x 4 x 8

I had no idea how to judge what weight to use. It was my first time using Marc belles slingshot. I felt the triceps were used more. 60 moved very easy and I had plenty left in the tank.

You should be feeling it in your triceps more alright. Good option for bench to reduce the load on your shoulders after OHP. I know it feels better but you don't want to undo that

It’s only a cheap rip off one from eBay but feels ok to use. Nothing to compare it to so it’s the best I’ve ever used

Squat

Toe squats up to 70kg

85kg x 5
    100kg x 5
    115kg x 5
    125kg x 5
    130kg x 5

Nearly made the critical error of loading 135 onto the bar on the final set. The final set felt sloppy. I’ve seen less red lights at a New York junction.

Me shoulder was a little sore today, even after plenty of warming up. Nothing like a month ago though.

RDL

100kg 6,6,10

Coulda, Shoulda done more reps.

I bought 4 J hooks and another 4 arrived the other day in error. The seller doesn’t want them back so now I have permanent holders for squat, bench, and ohp. Livin the good life

How many red lights can you see?

Camera angle isn’t ideal

**tried to upload a video but it turns out Boards.ie can’t handle the night of a 31 second video.

Upload to YouTube and link/embed

Link isn't working for me

• Advertisement

Link isn't working for me

You’re not missing much don’t worry

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FfzoCa9fNuY

Advertisement