Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming World - II

Options
1626364656668»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WannabeSlim

Finally bit the bullet and weighed myself. Disgusted at myself, put on 7lbs over lockdown. Thankfully I've lost my appetite.

Here we go again.

Best of luck fishy_fishy
    Cubee wrote: »
    Hi all :) Long time lurker, first time poster! Decided to start back today, lost two and a half stone last year but when my leader quit so did I basically and a stone has crept back already! SW actually randomly sent me a free magazine, did anyone else get one? It's kicked started the motivation again!

Being at home I should have a bit more time to try a few new recipes, the garlic honey chicken @kitten_k mentioned and the sticky chicken @Sinister Kid posted a while back are on the list!

Does anyone have any handy go to hexb-less lunches other than soups and salads?
    For hexb-less lunches I make omlettes or crustless quiches. You can throw in any veg or meat - I like peppers and bacon medallions in mine - and eggs are so filling. I also like to follow it with big fruit salad & yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

1.5lb down so hit my two stone :D

kitten_k wrote: »
    1.5lb down so hit my two stone :D

Well done kitten_k :D

I maintained again this week, I seem to have hit the dreaded plateau! But I am not going to let this put me off, I will try 2 SP days this week and hopefully kick start weight loss again.

1.5lb loss this week which is exactly what I needed for 2.5 stone loss, so I am delighted with that. 3 stone I am looking at you! :D

Well done WS!!!

• Advertisement

Up 1lb this week, this is my first gain and I feel a bit disappointed in myself. I was definitely going over my syns so I am back to tracking this week. And hopefully I'll get the 1lb off.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Mkelly1989

Hi all,

I'm looking to rejoin SW soon. Been putting it off for ages and today broke a chair so took it as a sign �� any idea when they arent going to be online mwetings anymore? Seems like my local group is doing it via zoom due to the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 abc2304

Up 1lb this week, this is my first gain and I feel a bit disappointed in myself. I was definitely going over my syns so I am back to tracking this week. And hopefully I'll get the 1lb off.

I'm sure you'll shift the 1lb shortly :) Keep an eye on those syns and you'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

Can classes go ahead in Level 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭2 fast

Only to be weighed I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2 fast wrote: »
    Only to be weighed I think

In Dublin, they system has been walk in weigh in during the morning and day and then a zoom meeting that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Loughc wrote: »
    In Dublin, they system has been walk in weigh in during the morning and day and then a zoom meeting that night.

TBH, I am enjoying this new thing. There is no pressure to go onto the zoom and the weigh in and quick chat is more than enough! That and buy loads of hifi bars lol.

So I started back in May. I was in SW before in 2018 and was around 15 stone at the time. Got down to around 13 8 with SW and then thought I could do it alone after that to get to target of 12. Imagine that suddenly I started gaining after that! Lol. Lost the run of myself completely. Went up to around 14 stone (not too bad) but during lockdown I ate every takeaway imaginable and I drank too much.

In May I said enough is enough. I was back to 15 and now with some setbacks I am now13 5. My new target is 13 on the nose (which is still a bit overweight for my height) but I decided that 12 is just going to make me look gaunt.

I am hoping to get it gone by the end of the year. I know, that's a bit of a stretch, but the closer to target I get the slower it comes off. Any tips for getting the rest off? SP weeks? Lowering my syns? I already exercise a lot (I run around 25km a week) and drink huge amounts of water!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭2 fast

never_mind wrote: »
    TBH, I am enjoying this new thing. There is no pressure to go onto the zoom and the weigh in and quick chat is more than enough! That and buy loads of hifi bars lol.

So I started back in May. I was in SW before in 2018 and was around 15 stone at the time. Got down to around 13 8 with SW and then thought I could do it alone after that to get to target of 12. Imagine that suddenly I started gaining after that! Lol. Lost the run of myself completely. Went up to around 14 stone (not too bad) but during lockdown I ate every takeaway imaginable and I drank too much.

In May I said enough is enough. I was back to 15 and now with some setbacks I am now13 5. My new target is 13 on the nose (which is still a bit overweight for my height) but I decided that 12 is just going to make me look gaunt.

I am hoping to get it gone by the end of the year. I know, that's a bit of a stretch, but the closer to target I get the slower it comes off. Any tips for getting the rest off? SP weeks? Lowering my syns? I already exercise a lot (I run around 25km a week) and drink huge amounts of water!

Have you started go measure yourself? It could be that you're losing inches... also are you having rest days/doing weights or just running?

Are you eating more when you exercise or are you keeping cals low plus exercise?
    Slimming world is great to be accountable but I find all those free foods just wrong. I do slimming world plus my fitness pal to track calories..

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

2 fast wrote: »
    Have you started go measure yourself? It could be that you're losing inches... also are you having rest days/doing weights or just running?

Are you eating more when you exercise or are you keeping cals low plus exercise?
    Slimming world is great to be accountable but I find all those free foods just wrong. I do slimming world plus my fitness pal to track calories..

Sorry, haven't been on boards!

I don't measure myself but should. I can be a bit OCD (in the true sense not the fashionable label that is going around) so I want to limit the amount of checking I do.

I am eating the same when exercising and I run around 4 days a week with rest days. I don't do weights and not that interested in them but might look at them again once gyms open.

I hear you about the free food thing. I try to limit free food for speed. If you ate enough apples you'd still gain weight but I am trying to limit everything and eat frequently rather than one big meal.

I tryed MFP before but again with the OCD thing I find SW is better. I weighed myself this morning and 13 6 so I am going to try SP for a bit and see what happens!

Thanks for the reply x

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭scilover

Doing workout for the whole body or focusing on a place.(*abs *etc)
    Which one is better??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

scilover wrote: »
    Doing workout for the whole body or focusing on a place.(*abs *etc)
    Which one is better??

Probably better forums on here for exercise advice but you're better off doing whole or upper/lower body splits.

Was searching for a nice Chicken Korma for ages to make me and herself which was SQ friendly and finally found one! Receipt is below, personally when we make it next time we're going to probably just use 1 or 1.5 TBSP of curry powder & two pots of muller for it to be more coconutty.

2 chicken breasts & 1 red onion - fry with frylight for 10 mins
    1 Chicken stock cube, 200 mls boiling water, 2 TBSP medium curry powder (Tesco - free), 250ml passata, TBSP tomato puree & salt.

Once the sauce is boiling, turn the heat down and let sauce thicken, takes about 20 mins - at the end add in a pot of muller light fat free Greek style coconut yoghurt (0.5 syn)

Credit:
    https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17891253844665878/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Was searching for a nice Chicken Korma for ages to make me and herself which was SQ friendly and finally found one! Receipt is below, personally when we make it next time we're going to probably just use 1 or 1.5 TBSP of curry powder & two pots of muller for it to be more coconutty.

2 chicken breasts & 1 red onion - fry with frylight for 10 mins
    1 Chicken stock cube, 200 mls boiling water, 2 TBSP medium curry powder (Tesco - free), 250ml passata, TBSP tomato puree & salt.

Once the sauce is boiling, turn the heat down and let sauce thicken, takes about 20 mins - at the end add in a pot of muller light fat free Greek style coconut yoghurt (0.5 syn)

Credit:
    https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17891253844665878/

The hairy bikers have a lovely korma in either their first or second hairy dieters book. I don’t have it to hand, Otherwise I’d send you a pic, but I’ve Made it a few times and it’s lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Have any of ye tried those nutriquick meals?
    I tried the spaghetti bolognese and chicken curry. I wouldn't gey those again.
    I want to try the perri perri chicken and cottage pie. I think those would be nicer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Really disappointed in SW wanting to charge full price during lock down for you to weigh yourself in at home and take part in a Zoom class.

Complete rip off IMO.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Really disappointed in SW wanting to charge full price during lock down for you to weigh yourself in at home and take part in a Zoom class.

Complete rip off IMO.

Probably up to the different organisers? Think my fiancee was paying just a fiver.

Probably up to the different organisers? Think my fiancee was paying just a fiver.

The slimming world Ireland facebook page is citing €9 for Zoom groups.

It was €4.50 during the first lockdown but now €9.

Our group is charging the €9

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

Hi all hope you don't mind me asking

I was looking at the slimming world online and wanted to know if it was worth it - it seems that you can only pay 3 months upfront. Which is a good deal weekly, but I don't know if it will suit me yet...

IRL groups don't really suit me as I am busy a lot and the online plan seems perfect.

Is there a way to trial or just pay for a week?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Tried this lasagne which turned out surprisingly well, however I can't see the syn value or maybe I missed it. Does anyone know or want to estimate?

https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/slimming-world-beef-lasagne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

Came across this, an online discount code for slimming world, thought it might come in handy for any re-joiners :)

Save £20 (think it might be €25)

on the total price of any of our online packages (Gold, Silver or Bronze).**

Your exclusive discount code is

PHE2021

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭grind gremlin

Do you recommend Uk or EU membership to join online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

From next week you can buy a 6 weeks countdown - pay for 5 weeks and get the 6th week free plus you get a free cookbook, think it's called A Passion for Pasta or something like that.

I'm enjoying the zoom classes as it doesn't take up a full evening and saves having to go out in the dark cold nights. My consultant has been giving fantastic support during the pandemic and has been running a buddy zoom meeting on a different night for members who want to chat about anything other than SW especially for the members who are living on their own and not getting out. From next week she's doing a games night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 catthemaggie

Hi all, I'm new to slimming world online and a lot of the posters are not Iteland based and so a lot of the tips don't apply here. I was wondering if any of you have any must haves for HEX uses or low syn cheats? My favourite so far is a malt cereal from tesco, really tasy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I've been thinking of going back to slimming world but the nearest meeting has moved. I could have walked to one, now it's moved somewhere annoying to get to.

Is it worth doing it online?

Advertisement