Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

This looks amazing. Never played a mosou style game before but this looks class. Day one purchase. Nintendo is ending this year on a major high.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Holy Frickin' Moly!!!!

Has anyone seen this up for pre-order anywhere here? Checked Smyths, Argos and Gamestop, no sign.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have never really enjoyed a Warriors game, having "had a go" since they appeared on the PS2.
    Will this be any diffferent?
    The video suggests Hyrule in wartime, but I wonder if it will be the complete familiar map and some more nuance with villages, shrines and secrets, as in BOTW.
    I understand the nature of the Warriors franchise up to now suggests the answer will be a firm "no" but a man can hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Has anyone seen this up for pre-order anywhere here? Checked Smyths, Argos and Gamestop, no sign.

I'd say check later today if it was only released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah hope its not just a running around slashing moblins for 40 hours type game.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I'd say check later today if it was only released.

Cool. Smyths were fairly quick to have the new Mario stuff up last week (within an hour or 2) so thought they might be the same for this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm extremely interested in this but in the same way I'd be excited about a tv show or a movie, I'm looking forward to watching others play this, getting whatever plot is in it read out to me in a Let's Play series. I've tried to enjoy Warriors games in the past but was never able to get into them.

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have never really enjoyed a Warriors game, having "had a go" since they appeared on the PS2.
    Will this be any diffferent?
    The video suggests Hyrule in wartime, but I wonder if it will be the complete familiar map and some more nuance with villages, shrines and secrets, as in BOTW.
    I understand the nature of the Warriors franchise up to now suggests the answer will be a firm "no" but a man can hope...

What's a Warriors game?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

What's a Warriors game?

Dynasty Warriors. Game series in this style made by the same people. They've taken the format and put a Zelda sheen on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

Immortals Fenyx Rising

Looks like a bland version of BOTW. Kinda like what Disney might produce. But maybe it plays well.

https://www.theverge.com/21429390/ubisoft-immortals-fenyx-rising-hands-on-gameplay-impressions-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Immortals Fenyx Rising

Looks like a bland version of BOTW. Kinda like what Disney might produce. But maybe it plays well.

https://www.theverge.com/21429390/ubisoft-immortals-fenyx-rising-hands-on-gameplay-impressions-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

Still looks alright though. I should really get back into this game. I have so many games to play that I pushed it aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Koroks are little saps.

Not, like tree saps.

Like, just little saps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haven't played this in over a year, tempted to start over.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭peter4918

I’m in a similar position haven’t touched it since I completed it last year. Mulling over it or giving The Witcher 3 a shot which I got when it came out but never gave it more than a few hours.

• peter4918 wrote: »
    I’m in a similar position haven’t touched it since I completed it last year. Mulling over it or giving The Witcher 3 a shot which I got when it came out but never gave it more than a few hours.

!!!

You'd be mad to not give witcher another go

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

peter4918 wrote: »

I never finished it,never even got to the first boss, I can't remember anything, give W3 a go, you won't regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ive played it 4 times through now. Only got it in March. The 2nd time is probably the most enjoyable.

Havent played The Witcher. Its that good then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭xckjoo

The Nal wrote: »
    Ive played it 4 times through now. Only got it in March. The 2nd time is probably the most enjoyable.

The Witcher is great. It was all I played for months because I keep getting distracted by side quests. The biggest complaint I have with it is that I had any reason to buy other games because I had it!
    I still haven't finished it. Just taking a break for a while to play some other games. Looking forward to picking it up again though.

The Nal wrote: »

Its amazing, when you finish the main game you'll have two amazing decently sized DLC's to play.

Made it to Gerudo valley, was trying to get up to the tower in the distance and this lad prancing around in the air appears and the next thing I know fire balls are coming out of the sky :eek:! I haven't a clue what I doing or where I'm going, I'm enjoying exploring anyway.

• Advertisement

Only criticism I have of Witcher 3 is that there's a lot going on in the menus. At least there was for me. Too many times I faced an enemy where I needed a specific potion or bomb that you have to craft with certain items. If you don't have those items you're in bother. I found Assassins Creed Odyssey a much easier game to get in to, spent much less time in menus crafting items and much more time just exploring the world and having fun. Also, if you go a week or 2 without playing The Witcher, remembering all the controls was a dose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Thinking I'm not going to read/watch any BOTW2 coverage and just play the game with zero knowledge on it. All I want to know is if it's a 9 or a 10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Thinking I'm not going to read/watch any BOTW2 coverage and just play the game with zero knowledge on it. All I want to know is if it's a 9 or a 10 :)
    Same. Ill be buying a Switch, playing it completely blind then selling it all on again afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Hey_Listen wrote: »

These games go to 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Just came across this when looking at the IGN Imortals Fenyx Rising review ...

Really, nothing compares to this game:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First, apologies for bumping and not having BotW2 news.

But for anyone looking for something to do, how about getting 100% in BotW without taking any damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

CastorTroy wrote: »

But for anyone looking for something to do, how about getting 100% in BotW without taking any damage?

I was just thinking I wouldn't be able to get past one of those lightning bats without taking a hit nevermind 100% the game and then 5 minutes later one of them ruined a 32 hour run on him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah safe to say you'd need patience. Lots and lots of patience.

By the way that video is just the runner's recap of what he planned on doing and how he got on. Not the full run

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just started a new game file to play around with some of the glitches from the start, such as the time never moving on from the 5:15am that you start at, which involves clipping out of bounds before even leaving the shrine of resurrection! :D
    Normal flow of time would resume if / when you return to the shrine entrance, as you need time for some shrine quests!
    Going to do some orb duplication for stamina and then get the master sword early too, and see if I can get the hang of shield skewing to clip through more things too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

CastorTroy wrote: »

(edit)
    Where do people get the time ? Nuts!

Meanwhile people in Nintendo using their precious time to make BOTW2.
    Thank God for the artists, game designers and programmers out there!

Advertisement