Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shannon - spotting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Heard her flying over Wexford and looked her up.

Took me right back, decades ago I had a couple of trips in a Dove.

Yes, I'm aged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Good lord , memories of growing up around the corner of Northolt

VP962 was based there then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

787-9 EI-NEO is departing at 1015.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Antonov 124 due around 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Antonov 124 due around 2

Think there is a 747 there too, anyone times of departure of both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Just to let you know that there is an Antonov An-124 due in to Shannon tonight at about 2245hrs from Baku.
    Reg. UR-82007 Flight No. ADB3852

For any Antonov followers, the Antonov An-225 (reg UR-82060) is currently in Brize Norton (BZZ). It passed over us in Lodon at 20,000ft this afternoon. We could hear it but there was clouds between us. It has brought helicopters back from Karachi, Pakistan. It's due to depart BZZ this evening so some say. Probably heading back to Kyiv.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

I was playing golf in Shannon Golf Club this afternoon, some of the fairways are right next to the runways. A cargo 747 spooled up its engines for ages next to the fairway I was on, then did its takeoff run into low cloud, it was absolutely brilliant to be so close!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Have Ryanair pulled Corfu for July?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Foggy43 wrote: »
    Just to let you know that there is an Antonov An-124 due in to Shannon tonight at about 2245hrs from Baku.
    Reg. UR-82007 Flight No. ADB3852

For any Antonov followers, the Antonov An-225 (reg UR-82060) is currently in Brize Norton (BZZ). It passed over us in Lodon at 20,000ft this afternoon. We could hear it but there was clouds between us. It has brought helicopters back from Karachi, Pakistan. It's due to depart BZZ this evening so some say. Probably heading back to Kyiv.

An-225 left BZZ over 2hrs ago, approaching the Ukrainian border about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Shannon is a bit busy tonight. I see an Air Bridge Cargo B747-8 just over Swords heading in to SNN.
    Reg. VQ-BGZ Flight No. RU9438

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Wasn't there an An124 headed in last night also at 22.40\?

would that Antonov be going out this morning, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

TedR wrote: »
    would that Antonov be going out this morning, anyone know?

Scheduled to depart at midday.

Thank you
    I heard it go, I was staying near Bunratty. Didnt see it but good loud racket off it.
    Was very pleased with my accidental 747 plane spotting luck yesterday, so the 124 was a bonus

de biz wrote: »
    Have Ryanair pulled Corfu for July?

Certainly appears so, I was looking at booking for €13 the other day to fly on the 29th of July but it's gone now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Certainly appears so, I was looking at booking for €13 the other day to fly on the 29th of July but it's gone now

Damn and blast! :D

I guess poor demand,not helped by the uncertainty over digital cert rollout.Disappointing for Shannon but hopefully better times in August.

Private 787 due this afternoon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

de biz wrote: »
    Private 787 due this afternoon
    There're loads of 787s in SNN. Nothing special these days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

USAF Sam landing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Refuelled and on its way

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

There're loads of 787s in SNN.
    there aren’t loads of 787’s in BBJ configurations, so it’s unique enough.

Might even be an old fashioned BBJ in there as well today.

smurfjed wrote: »
    there aren’t loads of 787’s in BBJ configurations, so it’s unique enough.

Might even be an old fashioned BBJ in there as well today.
    There was a smiley face there for a reason......

AN124 due in at 1615 this afternoon with another tonight around 10pm. That will make 4 since Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jollylee

• Registered Users Posts: 16 L1649A

Some 50 years ago when I first starting visiting SNN to spot, the go to place was adjacent to the threshold of 24, with just a wire fence between you and the runway. Some weeks ago, I decided to visit again for old times sake, but for the life of me I could not find that spot adjacent to the 24 threshold. Anytime I thought I was getting there, I ended up in front of a DHL premises, and if I attempted to travel any further, I encountered a gate blocking off entry to the airfield. Is it still possible to reach that spotting area ?

No. It was closed off around 20 years ago post 9/11 when security got much tighter. You used to be able to go past the gate and turn right and you'd be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

There is a dedicated spotting place not too far away, near Lufthansa maintenance.

Advertisement