Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transport Options?

• 26-06-2020 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

May be asking for the impossible here, but I'll give it a go. I'm exploring options for getting 5 of us on the water: 2 adults, 3 kids (12/10/8). I like the idea of having a van that can safely seat 5 of us, and possibly transport (and store) 5 boats inside.

Aside from custom jobs, or buying an actual small bus, is anyone aware of viable options for this? I think that we would manage with sub-3m boats, but I'm not sure what vans on the road have this type of payload.

Thoughts appreciated. Hopefully this isn't entirely a fool's errand!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

Not sure how you would manage that to be honest. A van with crew seats won't have a lot of space in the rear. Maybe fine for short play boats but I'd doubt you'd get river runners or decent SoTs in there. Then even if you find a van it's going to be a commercial. How do you get around that?

My suggestion would be a Land Rover Defender with a dogs bo**ox roof rack.

Something like this, if you could stomach €1k annually in motor tax.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/land-rover-defender-110-2-5-td5-county/24016005

• Registered Users Posts: 18,853 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

WildWater wrote: »
    Not sure how you would manage that to be honest. A van with crew seats won't have a lot of space in the rear. Maybe fine for short play boats but I'd doubt you'd get river runners or decent SoTs in there. Then even if you find a van it's going to be a commercial. How do you get around that?

My suggestion would be a Land Rover Defender with a dogs bo**ox roof rack.

Something like this, if you could stomach €1k annually in motor tax.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/land-rover-defender-110-2-5-td5-county/24016005

Defender's are horrible yokes to drive.

Could you get a trailer made up? Would be easy to keep light if only being use for kayak/canoe and you get to keep the car for the rest of the time.

Advertisement