Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Erroneously locked out of thread.

Options
  • 05-05-2021 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058183552&page=13

Read how this thread goes. Beasty (whose identity is public) erroneuously locked me out of a thread and sent a warning to me via PM, stating that I am ENCOURAGING violence. The topic of the thread are about teenagers that have actually killed people, and how Irish people can deter this violence. Many posters including me have agreed that self defense is an option - a very common consensus. Under the pretense of encouraging violence, he has locked me out the thread, despite the thread of discussion I have participated in was centered around preventing unwarranted violence through self defense.

This moderator is 100% in the wrong. The thread starts with people citing the various attacks and murders that have occurred recently (such as this: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/boy-15-charged-with-murder-of-woman-in-ifsc-stabbing-1.4555966 ) as well as their own experiences. No one is promoting violence.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to clear up one point. There was no error here. My message to you was not to post in the thread again. That instruction remains

You have made no attempt to discuss this with me via PM. You have made an attempt to insult me via PM, but not to discuss the threadban

The threadban remains in place, and you should consider yourself fortunate that you are only banned from the thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement