Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banned from thread.

Options
  • 28-04-2021 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was banned from this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057874672 specifically for saying

"if you're going to tell me the museums, galleries, restaurants, bars, historical buildings, theatres, libraries, cathedrals, venues, festivals and creative food scene doesn't make up the cultural centre of a country you're deluded. Just look at the music acts to come out of Ireland in the last few decades and were they're coming from"

"If you think".. and the word "deluded" is used every day on boards.ie including the Kerry forum and people do not get banned for it. Surely this is a bit overboard. Graces7 who the post was directed at was claiming the culture in cities is a fake culture!

I discussed it with Necro and the above is the only thing they could find that was close to being insulting and insisted on upholding the ban even though I pointed out it's use throughout boards.ie.

Necro pointed me to post here if I wasn't happy with their decision.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You were discussing another user

You were threadbanned for a day

You were lucky - if it was me I would have added a card to it

Threadban upheld

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement