Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would like to appeal Radio Thread ban.

• 21-04-2021 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to appeal a Radio Thread ban.

I have tried to engage with the mod but - and this is becoming a recurring problem - he is being incredibly rude and discourteous and behaving not to the standards I would expect from a mod., incl. threatening me today.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this mod's behaviour via PM as I don't want to name him here or publish details of our discussions publicly. I - and I am aware of others - have complained about this mod's overzealous and biased modding, as well as his general rudeness in dealing with posters in recent times. That is the macro issue.

The micro issue in question today relates to a ban imposed because the mod is suggesting I'm saying something I'm not:

Sigh.

The person in the picture is Colin Hunt. Colin is an incredibly annoying character from The Fast Show.

By calling Brian Scan a massive Colin Hunt I am alluding to the fact he is incredibly annoying with his constant thread derailment and trolling.

It was not intended or meant as cockney rhyming slang.

With that information to hand I would ask you remove the ban in a timely manner.

Regards,
    XXXX.

The mod is saying I'm saying the other poster is a c-word. I am not. I am saying the poster is incredibly annoying - which he is, as all he contributes to the thread is trolling, for which he has been repeatedly banned.

When I stated this the mod effectively said I was lying. Am I to believe this mod can now read my mind? When I previously reported a post this very same mod saying he couldn't assume intent on an offending post - yet has done exactly this on mine. Why is this allowed?

I am happy to discuss this further but would like to do so privately.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from the Dispute Resolution Forum as that deals with cards and forum bans

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am happy to discuss this further but would like to do so privately.
    If you wish to discuss this privately I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is

If you feel a mod has "threatened" you, you can report the PM and an Admin will review it. If it's a "threat" of further action that's standard and would not be inappropriate for a mod if there are concerns of further issues

You can try PM'ing a CMod if you have reached an impasse with the mod in question. Otherwise you can continue to discuss it openly here where the relevant mod(s) can also contribute

I've checked the charter and I'm not clear if I'm allowed to post here as the mod who banned this user, so apologies if I'm not supposed to.

In any case I just want to clear up one important thing. Firstly, I have never threatened any person in my life, online or offline. ButtersSuki was given a warning by me – a warning he has received from everyone in the past from myself up to an Admin on previous occasions, that this is his last chance before a permanent forum ban will kick in. The last chances have been ongoing for a long time.

I can get into detail over why this ban was chosen, but I'm not sure ButtersSuki is happy to continue. Just to say, this behaviour has been going on for *years*.

It's mainly the "threatened" point i'm very keen to clarify. Nobody was "threatened".

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I've checked the charter and I'm not clear if I'm allowed to post here as the mod who banned this user, so apologies if I'm not supposed to.

In any case I just want to clear up one important thing. Firstly, I have never threatened any person in my life, online or offline. ButtersSuki was given a warning by me – a warning he has received from everyone in the past from myself up to an Admin on previous occasions, that this is his last chance before a permanent forum ban will kick in. The last chances have been ongoing for a long time.

I can get into detail over why this ban was chosen, but I'm not sure ButtersSuki is happy to continue. Just to say, this behaviour has been going on for *years*.

It's mainly the "threatened" point i'm very keen to clarify. Nobody was "threatened".

The mod on question is unable to treat me objectively and fairly. This is not my opinion solely - many other posters and indeed many other mods have said as much to me privately. Indeed more than one other mod has said that this mod wants me banned permanently from Radio because he doesn’t like me.

His PMs are incredibly agressive and his language and tone are appalling,

Moderator has intention to perms an me from Radio Forum

I am a particularly avid poster on Boards.ie. I have earned my share of infractions etc over time - some wholly deserved, some not. I enjoy the Radio Forum, but one of the Mods unfortunately seems to have a personally directed dislike of me which is clearly evident in his moderation. He has said that he will permanently ban me from the forum upon my next misdemeanour, and it is obvious he fully intends to find an excuse to do so. I am appealing that in respect of the personal prejudice that he should refrain from this action, unless of course it would be absolutely and genuinely warranted.

I have on more than one occasion asked both he and other more senior mods that he refrain from moderating me, as he is incapable of doing so fairly. I have done this as a way of offering a solution.

I also know this mod has been reported several times frequently by other posters regarding his behaviour towards me, most recently in relation to his replies to a perfectly politely asked question about an assertion he made regarding sponsorship of the Ryan Tubridy Show by the company Petflix.

Finally, this person can be a mod after going on the Ciara Kelly show and saying he “loves the show” is beyond me. The show’s thread is the most contentious thread on the radio forum yet we have a mod openly stating in public that he “loves it” yet is supposed to be neutral and objective in modding. If he was a newsreader who declared he lived a political party he would sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

This is the threatening post:

A Tyrant Named Miltiades!
    Alexa, Play Liveline

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Radio, ZTest
    Re: You have been banned
    I want to offer one further warning that I forgot to give in my previous PM

One more case of your posting something that would merit an infraction will result in your permanent ban from the forum.frankly, it's surprising it hasn't already happened.

This long running clash between yourself and Brain_Scan has been going on for years, and I assure you, most people I've spoken to are tired of it. It ends now

Why the need for such aggressive, confrontational, and dismissive language? This is not the first time btw he has done this. And I’ve repeatedly asked him not to be aggressive in his PMs.

Brian Scan contributes nothing to the thread except constant trolling. Indeed he was threadbanned by this mod for doing so and then the same mod rescinded it. Look at the thread. Look at Brian Scan’s posting history in the thread. Ask any of the other mods what does he contribute?

This was not the first time he posted this picture and asked was it me. I ignored the first one.

• Advertisement

Butters, I also pointed out to you that some posters, who have a diverse range of views, have never even needed so much as a warning.

You have, by a very long shot, the worst record in the Radio Forum, and mod actions have been from across the mod team. Nobody is targeting you, but your posts are often pretty atrocious, and disruptive to the Forum. I'm curious as to whether you ever wonder why other posters are never carded.

You were once told by an Admin that you were on your last chance. That was a year ago, or more, after a site ban. Still you persist.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

^^That's not personally threatening you. The mod is very clearly informing you that a permanent forum ban will be in your future should you fail to wind your neck in, and looking at your post history, a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with.

Also, with respect to the post that landed you here:
    No Brian, but I think it's fair to say you truly are a massive Colin Hunt.

Considering the very specific choice of words there, I call bull**** on the whataboutery game in your opening post - every man, woman and child here knows exactly what you were inferring, and I would have happily stood behind a forum ban, not just a thread ban for that post.

It seems that the forum mods have made their position explicitly clear with respect to your precarious position in the radio forum, but to be sure you understand - next mod action in the radio forum will be met with a permanent ban from the radio forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement