Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2013 VW CC service intervals 2.0 tdi

• 11-11-2019 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Going by sevices history it was serviced every 10000 miles is that too often using long life oil ?. Can it be stretched to 15000 miles using good oil like Castrol Edge long life

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

They long life mileage interval is 20k miles/ 30k kms with the correct spec oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭jmreire

Have VAG changed the service interval back to 30'000 Klm's? I bought a new Superb back in 2012, and one of the selling points was the 30'000 service interval, but within 6 mths, they had reduced it back to 15'000. Just wondering. Personally, 15'000 Klms even with long life oil would be my choice anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You can chose either when the car is new and again at every service. Every dealer will default to setting the car to 15k kms at service time unless you specify you want the 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Whocare

Thanks for replys

You can chose either when the car is new and again at every service. Every dealer will default to setting the car to 15k kms at service time unless you specify you want the 30k.

Back then, it was the main dealer who told me that it was VAG who had reduced the service interval...think I still have the letter some where. No matter, because I'd be changing it at 15'000, so never checked since what the official interval was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Whocare wrote: »
    Thanks for replys

Just to add, you should ideally service it every 12 months regardless of the mileage.

We have a CC in our house, serviced every 10k miles. What grade of oil allows you to consider 15k or 20k out of interest. I'd certainly let ours to 12-13k if I was happy the oil was the right one.

Thanks

Rob Thomas wrote: »
    Just to add, you should ideally service it every 12 months regardless of the mileage.

We have a CC in our house, serviced every 10k miles. What grade of oil allows you to consider 15k or 20k out of interest. I'd certainly let ours to 12-13k if I was happy the oil was the right one.

Thanks

The oil I use is Castrol Edge Longlife 5W-30 Titanium. Opie Oils or Mick's Garage often have deals going on them, Complete service kit, oil and filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

jmreire wrote: »
    The oil I use is Castrol Edge Longlife 5W-30 Titanium. Opie Oils or Mick's Garage often have deals going on them, Complete service kit, oil and filter.

Cheers,

Doing 20kms a year this weather so might move to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

I try to stay away from LongLife oils and change every 10k km, remember reading a while ago that they don't protect the engine that well, it's more for marketing.

rosmoke wrote: »
    I try to stay away from LongLife oils and change every 10k km, remember reading a while ago that they don't protect the engine that well.

Personally, I always use long life oil, but I change it every 15'000 Klms.

• Advertisement

Rob Thomas wrote: »

Thanks

Car be doing around 30000 miles a year two sevices a year sounds good to me using good oil like castrol Edge 5/30 LL .

• Company Representative Posts: 18 Verified rep MicksGarage.com

jmreire wrote: »

Thanks for shopping with us, we have a brilliant deal on oils at the moment. You can get an extra 15% OFF all oils with code SLICK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

What's the CC like to drive? - Current motor has all but given up and saw a CC in a local garage. I like some comfort, don't drive as much as I used to, but would do regular long journeys every couple of weeks.

silver2020 wrote: »
    What's the CC like to drive? - Current motor has all but given up and saw a CC in a local garage. I like some comfort, don't drive as much as I used to, but would do regular long journeys every couple of weeks.

Yeah it good car comfortable economical doing 53 mpg can't say anything bad about it really. Only thing I might do is remap it as it the 140 bhp one and you can get same engine as 170 bhp so it be safe enough to do. Lacking a small bit in power I think the 140bhp one

Advertisement