Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Refused Visa

• 28-02-2020 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, , i applied for a visit family friend visa but got refusal letter. Today, i received an email from Immigration office in Dublin that it is approved and should contact the immigration in Manila to arrange the issuance of the visa.

I called them and said that my application is definitely refused. Is there anything else I should do? Im a filipino..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Hi Dara that seems strange, what kind of email address did the email come from? They generally issue decisions in writing so it would be unusual to get an email from them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Be aware of scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Dara121912 wrote: »
    Today, i received an email from Immigration office in Dublin that it is approved and should contact the immigration in Manila to arrange the issuance of the visa.

What is the exact address that the email came from, perhaps a scam, but weird that a scammer would know where you come from and that you applied for a visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Probably got to do with the Covid-19 issue, I think the Philippines has imposed restrictions.

Are you transiting through Hong Kong?

archer22 wrote: »
    Probably got to do with the Covid-19 issue, I think the Philippines has imposed restrictions.

Restrictions imposed by the Philippines would have no impact on the Irish Government issuing a visa
    Are you transiting through Hong Kong?

So many other options other than HK, most popular tends to Etihad/Emirates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Restrictions imposed by the Philippines would have no impact on the Irish Government issuing a visa

So many other options other than HK, most popular tends to Etihad/Emirates

Yeah but a Filipino citizen must have a clearance certificate from the Philippines immigration office before they are allowed to exit the Philippines.

From what I understand from the OPs post it's Manila that has blocked him/her.

From what I understand from the OPs post it's Manila that has blocked him/her.

Maybe you are right, but I assumed referances to "immigration" refered to Irish immigration.

Advertisement