Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Summer Internships 2020

• 13-02-2020 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Seen as some of the deadlines for applications for internships in the summer have passed, and more are coming up soon thought it would be a good idea to start this thread. Has anybody heard back from any firms for interviews yet or anybody had an interview?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Coulter97

- Dillon Eustace has gotten back.

- Maples have gotten back.

Does anybody know if WF has sent out interview offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Has anyone heard anything from Matheson?

Has anyone heard anything from Matheson?

Pretty sure they got back.

And WF got back with interview offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kkelly97

Coulter97 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they got back.

And WF got back with interview offers.

I haven’t heard anything from Matheson. PFO from WF

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

also haven't got anything from matheson

• Advertisement

Does anybody know if it reflects quite badly if you accept an offer, then subsequently turn it down because you got an offer from another firm that you prefer?

Does anybody know if it reflects quite badly if you accept an offer, then subsequently turn it down because you got an offer from another firm that you prefer?

I don’t know from experience but I wouldn’t think a firm would ever offer you a position again.

Who did you get the offer from? Maybe try ask for a different month?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,907 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

They'd be inconvenienced and annoyed, but not massively so. They'd understand why you did it.

How annoyed would depend how it played out. If you revoked your acceptance a week or two after giving it, and months before you were due to start, that's one thing. But if you let them think for months that you are coming, and then revoke a week before the start date, that's another.

Kkelly97 wrote: »
    I don’t know from experience but I wouldn’t think a firm would ever offer you a position again.

Who did you get the offer from? Maybe try ask for a different month?

It actually happened last year. I accepted offers from 2 different firms then subsequently rescinded it when I got 2 firms that I liked better.

I was asking because I was thinking of applying to those 2 firms again, then realised they probably have be on some blacklist lol

Though to be fair I only rescinded it a week after accepting it, I didn't wait months

It actually happened last year. I accepted offers from 2 different firms then subsequently rescinded it when I got 2 firms that I liked better.

I was asking because I was thinking of applying to those 2 firms again, then realised they probably have be on some blacklist lol

Though to be fair I only rescinded it a week after accepting it, I didn't wait months

I mean it’s always worth a try but they might not view it very favourably.

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard from any other firms ?

Does anybody know when DE is getting back?

PFO from Matheson

MCann and A&L offers out! Good luck everyone :)

Arthur Cox group interview offers out! :)

Arthur Cox group interview offers out! :)

p stressed about another group interview, i HATED my last one for training contracts

p stressed about another group interview, i HATED my last one for training contracts

You mind giving some advice for the uninitiated? ;)

You mind giving some advice for the uninitiated? ;)

Wouldn't be too quick to take advice from me given that I didn't get a 1-on-1 interview last time! The general idea is that there are like 6 of you in a room with a partner, you're given some piece to read (last time it was an article about the gig economy from The Economist) and then you go in and discuss it. Was pretty chill but I just hate having to directly compete with other people. That being said, I don't think they want you to talk over people or anything, they're looking for people who can effectively collaborate. In reality, that means that you're all competing to see who is the 'most collaborative' lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16 musicmanual123

Any response from Dillon Eustace interview yet?

Any response from Dillon Eustace interview yet?

Not for me! Did they say when they'll get back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 musicmanual123

Not for me! Did they say when they'll get back?

Was never told presumed would have been before now but I don’t think anyone has heard yet

Was never told presumed would have been before now but I don’t think anyone has heard yet

It's been so long I assumed they already got back and I didn't get it

Maples calling with internship offers now

Maples calling with internship offers now

Really? They said they'll get back next Friday to me. And congrats!

Anybody know if Fieldfisher are finished their process? submitted on last day but I heard it's on a rolling basis - one of my friend's has already interviewed and got a rejection

Really? They said they'll get back next Friday to me. And congrats!

Ahaha not me but someone in my course 😅

Ahaha not me but someone in my course ��

Are you sure they got an offer today or is it just that they're going to be calling on a Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

Are you sure they got an offer today or is it just that they're going to be calling on a Friday?

Did interview with Maples too and said they would be getting back on Friday 6th from memory.

Did interview with Fieldfisher too and didn't get it.

lawgrad15 wrote: »
    Did interview with Maples too and said they would be getting back on Friday 6th from memory.

Ok hmmm maybe I picked that up wrong from my friend sorry for the false alarm!

• Advertisement

lawgrad15 wrote: »

was with my friend when he got a maples call w/ offer on friday

Advertisement