Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding games

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

audi02 wrote: »
    Hi All

We want to do something for a bit of craic at the tables at our wedding, any suggestions?

We were just buying our sweets for the candy cart and an idea entered our head but looking for other ppls opinions on it....to buy MEGA SOUR sweets, hand one out to each guest when all seated, everyone to take it together and whoever can eat the sweet for the longest time wins a round of drink for the table?!

It sounds like zero craic to be honest. People have willingly turned up to your wedding. Let them get on with having their drinks and meal in peace and not force them to participate in this rubbish. I'd just ignore it and sit down with my drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

OP, to be honest I don't think this would work out in practice the way you have it in your head. I don't know how many guests you're having but think the few minutes it would take to hand out the sweets, explain the game etc, and for what - not that many people would actually be bothered in taking part, I could see it being a bit of a flop. Plus, you say the photographer could get some great pics - but you've also said that the sweets are hard to keep in your mouth for more than 5 seconds or so. It doesn't work out.

To be honest, I hate anything gimmicky at weddings, I generally enjoy having the chats and craic with whoever's at my table, whether or not I know them. Many don't enjoy being made do stuff in front of other people, too - remember nobody at your wedding knows all the other guests.
    People don't need that much entertaining to enjoy your day - chill out and enjoy it yourself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

splinter65 wrote: »
    What I notice in recent years is that there can be a lot of pre wedding anxiety with the B&G worrying needlessly that guests won’t “enjoy” the wedding...

Isn't this the very definition of a big wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

The Cool wrote: »
    OP, to be honest I don't think this would work out in practice the way you have it in your head. I don't know how many guests you're having but think the few minutes it would take to hand out the sweets, explain the game etc, and for what - not that many people would actually be bothered in taking part, I could see it being a bit of a flop. Plus, you say the photographer could get some great pics - but you've also said that the sweets are hard to keep in your mouth for more than 5 seconds or so. It doesn't work out.

To be honest, I hate anything gimmicky at weddings, I generally enjoy having the chats and craic with whoever's at my table, whether or not I know them. Many don't enjoy being made do stuff in front of other people, too - remember nobody at your wedding knows all the other guests.
    People don't need that much entertaining to enjoy your day - chill out and enjoy it yourself :D

I believe in no gimmicks, and all about food and drink. That might sound very simplistic and old-school, but in my opinion that’s what people want as guests. So I’d spend the money on food / drink / music, and none on gimmicks. But you know your crowd. What do you think they’d prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Stumbled across this thread. We got married in July and the biggest talking point of our wedding was the magician we got instead of music at the drinks reception. So good in fact a friend booked him there and then for her wedding and was willing to forgo the deposit she had paid on a musician at her drinks reception to get him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement