Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are You Worried About Prince Philip Dying Soon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

worried that i may laugh uncontrollably in public when the news breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 66,778 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

When he dies will the body be repatriated to Greece or Denmark or wherever he is from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Petrified, it will be all over the news and we won't hear the end of it.

I am looking forward to the Crown being released on Netflix this weekend though, should be deadly.

television-programmes-spitting-image-12263172.jpg

Imagine the crown, but starring the Spitting Image puppets. Now that would be worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If it mean that I'll have to make platterre of sandwiches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

How do we know that he's still alive? He could have died months ago for all we know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

FTA69 wrote: »
    Guillotine the f*cking lot of them in Trafalgar Square.

Is that you Jeremy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

My mum is an avid royal fan. She told me that there were always rumours about him and his extra curricular activities. Seemingly Prince Andrew did not lick his leanings off the street.

He was a regular attendee of the " Thursday Club " , which was a gentleman's club in central London with some hard hitting clientele, from all walks of life I am told. He is rumoured to have had mistresses and there has been finger pointing about him dipping his toes in the Pacific whilst touring there with the Royal Navy when he was just a young whipper snapper, albeit a married to the Queen of England type of guttersnipe.

In saying all that he is supposed to be great craic altogether. Speaks his mind and is fond of the margaritas, or at least he certainly was. There is the famous story from the white house in the 70's when he went on the piss with the butlers, that is so real, you gotta love it. Can you imagine staying up all night in the kitchens of the white house smoking fags, necking whiskey and brandy and shooting the breeze with the King of England? Mighty stuff altogether.

He had a tough enough childhood all things considered, he speaks no Greek because he was exiled from there while asleep in a cot. After that his mum developed Schizophrenia, I doubt that was a cakewalk either. All his sisters were married off to Nazi's and he must have been a lonely enough dude. It looks like the British Navy was the making of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Dipping his toes in the Pacific?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

No. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I can’t get a Clear Shot from Here !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

In a way he was refreshingly honest.
    Now maybe he was just thick and inconsiderate or maybe he was just fed up of being a lapdog following the queen around so decided to pull the pi**.
    I actually think it was a bit of both.

Here are some of his major gaffs and funny lines...
    And sometimes he actually does have a point.

"What do you gargle with, pebbles?" (speaking to singer Tom Jones after the 1969 Royal Variety Performance).

"I declare this thing open, whatever it is." (on a visit to Canada in 1969).

"If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." (at a 1986 World Wildlife Fund meeting).

"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?" (to a driving instructor in Oban, Scotland, during a 1995 walkabout).

"Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf." (to young deaf people in Cardiff, in 1999, referring to a school's steel band).

"Aren't most of you descended from pirates?" (to a wealthy islander in the Cayman Islands in 1994).

"The Philippines must be half empty as you're all here running the NHS." (on meeting a Filipino nurse at a Luton hospital in February 2013)

"I would get arrested if I unzipped that dress." (to 25-year-old council worker Hannah Jackson, who was wearing a dress with a zip running the length of its front, on a Jubilee visit to Bromley, Kent, in May 2012)
    "If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she's not interested." (on the Princess anne)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭partyguinness

What a bizarre thread title..

Dipping his toes in the Pacific?

Just google Polynesian babes, you should get the picture.

5c7e2bff0230404c3beb86194caa2ebd--polynesian-girls-kauai-island.jpgportrait-of-a-woman-smiling-papeete-tahiti-french-polynesia-BEWM2X.jpgpolynesian-woman-wearing-flower-crown-picture-id535300372?s=612x612

I doubt Bangkok or Singapore were built in a day....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

He has a plants fetish? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I'd be more concerned about Queen Elizabeth dying.
    I don't think I could stand listening to anymore shute from Mary McAleese as she spouts on about Elizabeth speaking a few words of Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I'm more worried about what I'll have for dinner.

Edgware wrote: »
    I don't think I could stand listening to anymore shute from Mary McAleese as she spouts on about Elizabeth speaking a few words of Irish
    WOW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

A guy that has the presence of mind to ask a Hollywood actress (Cate Blanchett) if she could fix his DVD player deserves to live forever in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

At least Michael Dee wasn't there for it he'd have written a poem!

5c7e2bff0230404c3beb86194caa2ebd--polynesian-girls-kauai-island.jpgportrait-of-a-woman-smiling-papeete-tahiti-french-polynesia-BEWM2X.jpgpolynesian-woman-wearing-flower-crown-picture-id535300372?s=612x612

I doubt Bangkok or Singapore were built in a day....

I can't believe I actually googled 'Polynesian Babes'

• Advertisement

I cant wait. I'll get a few days holiday...

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Naggdefy wrote: »
    One is terribly worried, he's my father.
    You're Prince Andrew?

Yuk!

I can't believe I actually googled 'Polynesian Babes'

They are lovely, I can see what he was up to in fairness.

Wrong thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

The way she mouthed 'Wow!' when she did it, talk about still having a mindset of being a satellite orbiting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

MrAbyss wrote: »
    He said he was planning to be reincarnated as an airborne virus to wipe out humanity.

The whole lot of them are a fúcking virus, sooner the better they are all dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

dd973 wrote: »
    The way she mouthed 'Wow!' when she did it, talk about still having a mindset of being a satellite orbiting them.
    It was like a Mouth Opening for Cock . I’m sure Prince Philip felt Rude not to Oblige !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

dd973 wrote: »
    It baffles me that Scandinavians and the Dutch still have monarchies, at least we know the Brits (excluding Scots Nats or people of a Republican leaning) are thick as sh...

I know, the Dutch can be very defensive about their royals. A few years back when I was in the Netherlands a Dutch guy I was talking to mentioned something about crown princess Maxima (now queen), I flippantly asked if she was huge, given the name, I didn't half get a lecture on having respect for them. FFS, we bitch and moan about the office of President here but at least we get to choose and it' cost a hell of a lot less that what most European royal households cost.

blinding wrote: »
    It was like a Mouth Opening for Cock . I’m sure Prince Philip felt Rude not to Oblige !
    He probably thought he was back in the navy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

He's very old; he could die at anytime

Advertisement