Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stadiums

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I totally agree about Anfield but it is a few years since i have been there. My brother (fan) said it has totally been revampt over the last few years and is toop class.

Personally i thought it was a poxy stadium

They've only added 1 new stand. The rest is largely the same. The club has started to put money into reviving the area recently, after political pressure after the period of social terrorism previous. They should have gone ahead with the ground share with Everton, a modern idea and you'd have thought everyone would be happy to get out of the area after what had gone on. Pride got in the way however

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Anfield is a hole. Restricted view seats everywhere, if you're in the away stand you can only see half the pitch with the overhang. Concrete barriers blocking the view on stands. The new stand looks completely out of place. It only holds 60k also. A real tin shack job. Atmosphere is shocking from minute 3-89 when the fans will go to sleep unless playing a bigger club than themselves

Agreed, it’s a dive and the new stand does give the impression of having been cobbled together but that’s part of the appeal. Or the intimidation factor at least, it’s a massive club and Anfield is indeed a ‘fortress’ albeit more like something out of mad max but then you don’t want the opposite scenario where the stadium is bigger than the club itself

like in spurs case. Tottenham are a team than have always been more daunted by their own splendour anyway so there’s a sense of inevitability about it all.

Advertisement