Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-04-2019, 11:56   #1
bearamy98

The best FETAC/PHECC First Aid Courses?

Hi there,

I hope this is the right place to be asking this!
I would like to do some First Aid courses soon (ideally ones that target working with children as that’s what I’m hoping to do in future) and just some general First Aid as well but was just wondering do any of ye know of courses with any FETAC or PHECC qualifications rather than just a general First Aid Certificate? Or what qualification is the better one to have?

I hadn’t realised until I started researching them that you could do First Aid courses that had FETAC or PHECC qualifications but now that I know that, if I’m doing courses I would prefer to do ones with FETAC or PHECC qualifications and was just wondering if ye know of any ones that are FETAC or PHECC recognised or not.

And also do ye know of anywhere that offer any courses/discounts for courses where you can do more than one course all together?

And does anyone know of the best places/ providers of first aid courses in North Tipp or Limerick?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
07-05-2019, 15:53   #2
The Real B-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearamy98 View Post
Hi there,

I hope this is the right place to be asking this!
I would like to do some First Aid courses soon (ideally ones that target working with children as that’s what I’m hoping to do in future) and just some general First Aid as well but was just wondering do any of ye know of courses with any FETAC or PHECC qualifications rather than just a general First Aid Certificate? Or what qualification is the better one to have?

I hadn’t realised until I started researching them that you could do First Aid courses that had FETAC or PHECC qualifications but now that I know that, if I’m doing courses I would prefer to do ones with FETAC or PHECC qualifications and was just wondering if ye know of any ones that are FETAC or PHECC recognised or not.

And also do ye know of anywhere that offer any courses/discounts for courses where you can do more than one course all together?

And does anyone know of the best places/ providers of first aid courses in North Tipp or Limerick?

Thanks in advance!
Best bet is to just do the PHECC First Aid Response course this has replaced the HSA First Aid at work and is recognised nationally and is certified for two years and should take 3 days to complete

Some Paediatrics focused courses won't have accreditation from PHECC but by the Organisation providing the training choose a reputable organisation.
Thanks from:
07-05-2019, 18:20   #3
bearamy98

Thanks for that, that’s good to know!
09-05-2019, 14:56   #4
RadioRetro

Your local Order of Malta should provide PHECC certified courses, my unit certainly does.

Email limerick@orderofmalta.ie

Last edited by RadioRetro; 09-05-2019 at 15:01.
Thanks from:
10-05-2019, 07:36   #5
bearamy98

Thanks for that, my parents are encouraging me to join my local Red Cross group so definitely should get to some courses soon!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion