Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

@PADDY did you also get results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Caoimhe,
    I am very sorry to here you haven't passed and to anyone else who unfortunately didn't get to next stage.
    Don't worry guys chin up ye can re apply again.
    They will need a lot more offices over the next few years.
    There are about 1000 or so officers who are eligible to retire before 2020 .
    So that means they will also need replacing.
    Well done to those of you who are going through to stage two,the hard work is only just beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Came up short on one section, so a fail. Do you think there is any chance of some sort of recount or to be accepted if there arenot enough numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MPREDCAP1988

Got my results, passed thank god,Stage 2 starting 23rd April

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Anybody else get results?
    I'm totally gutted to just miss out by a few points in maths
    Best of luck to everyone x

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote: »
    Came up short on one section, so a fail. Do you think there is any chance of some sort of recount or to be accepted if there arenot enough numbers?

Sorry to hear that, I'm the same as you and was wondering the same

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy1507

Hard luck to those who didn't get thru this time hopefully ye will be kept on a panel and called sometime during this competition

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Megan7290

Shocking I passed

Placed 74

• Registered Users Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

What does the place number mean if you get to stage 2?

• Advertisement

Im placed in the 400s not sure if im going to continue with the process . feel like im too far down the list .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aor04

Got my results my place is 123 actually cannot believe it was fully sure I wouldn't pass on the maths but literally just scraped through the rest of the results pulled up my place. So sorry for any one that didn't get through to stage 2 and best of luck next time

MCBRENNAN wrote: »

How many will be taken on from this batch?

Sorted @golden

I think its only around 60 .

Caoimhe2 wrote: »
    @golden miller did you pass? How do you work out your place number or do you only get a place number if you pass....maths was 400 I got 360 all my other scores were well above what was needed

I just about passed and when you do you're given a place number. Think you had to pass them all and if you didn't won't be given a place number. Bit unfair if your averages weigh up higher than someone who scrapped 400 on everything. I wonder is more weighting given to stage 2?

I think its only around 60 .

Think it's 300

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

Im placed in the &€)) not sure if im going to continue with the process . feel like im too far down the list .

I’d say you have a great chance of getting in! Have a look at the 2016 campaign thread.. plenty of people after €&€@ getting called.. def worth a shot.. the amount of people that won’t turn up alone will bring you up the list. And then the fails will add to it. Def don’t quit yet!!

I’d say you have a great chance of getting in! Have a look at the 2016 campaign thread.. plenty of people after 400 getting called.. def worth a shot.. the amount of people that won’t turn up alone will bring you up the list. And then the fails will add to it. Def don’t quit yet!!

Aye, surely if you did well in stage 2 and loads ahead of you just scrapped a pass, the list will change dramatically. Could go from 500 to 200 etc. Madness to not turn up and give it a shot at least

I just about passed and when you do you're given a place number. Think you had to pass them all and if you didn't won't be given a place number. Bit unfair if your averages weigh up higher than someone who scrapped 400 on everything. I'm €&€&& so I assume that's just as good as being out. So €&€@ people are ahead of me as it currently stands. I wonder is more weighting given to stage 2?

Have a look at the 2016 campaign thread, I’d say ur still in with a chance at €&@€; think about the people who will fail the next stage or not even turn up..

• Advertisement

Aye, surely if you did well in stage 2 and loads ahead of you just scrapped a pass, the list will change dramatically. Could go from 500 to 200 etc. Madness to not turn up and give it a shot at least

Exactly. I don’t think the number ur given is that relevant.. anything can happen in the next assessments..

true #keepthefaith

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IceOnMeKnee

Dont publicly post your placment on an open forum..

Mad posting your placing up here,canvassing and discussion etc are generally one of the rules of the actual recruitment and by posting your placing you are revealing who you are therefore breaking the rules��

Didn't realise that. Just a bit flustered with trying to see where I stood. Can paddy, caoimhe and july girl edit or delete their posts to unquote my comments and place position? Would be much appreciated
    I really didnt want to freak you out it wasnt my intention.You clearly want this and it'd be pretty **** for you to lose out simply for indentifying yourself through your placing number ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IceOnMeKnee

You just dont know whos watchin.. wasnt trying to freak anyone out...

Didn't realise that. Just a bit flustered with trying to see where I stood. Can paddy, caoimhe and july girl edit or delete their posts to unquote my comments and place position? Would be much appreciated

That’s done for u...

Done

Hi quick question so if you have failed part 1 is that you totally gone or do they keep you on a panel incase of people not showing or fails...thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Ok,
    So as far as I am aware each assessment requires candidates to achieve a minimum score.
    If a candidate fails to reach the required score,then they will then be eliminated and their application will not proceed any further in the campaign.
    This will also apply for the stage two re test process.
    I stand corrected tho.

Advertisement