Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

sextortion?!

• 11-12-2017 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Well peeps just got a couple of calls today and whatsapp messages from an individual threatening to send clearly photoshoped images of whatsapp conversations looking for services from ladies of the night, they sent me a screenshot of my OH facebook page in an attempt to scare me

They want 300 euro lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Well peeps just got a couple of calls today and whatsapp messages from an individual threatening to send clearly photoshoped images of whatsapp conversations looking for services from ladies of the night, they sent me a screenshot of my OH facebook page in an attempt to scare me

They want 300 lol

Tell your mother in law if she doesn't stop it you'll put her in a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Went through a bit of that myself about 18 months ago.
    Except they wanted 5 grand to stop them from circulating photoshopped pics of me to everyone in my Facebook friend list with the same last name as me.
    Freaked the **** out me for about an hour but I ignored it and it went away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Would they not be better looking for money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

If I was them, I'd ask for about three fiddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

endacl wrote:
    Cool.

Very interesting have you considered publishing a book on the matter ?

TheFarrier wrote:
    Went through a bit of that myself about 18 months ago. Except they wanted 5 grand to stop them from circulating photoshopped pics of me to everyone in my Facebook friend list with the same last name as me. Freaked the **** out me for about an hour but I ignored it and it went away

5 grand ! Sure you'd keep yourself going on hookers for the year untill the OH calms down anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pithythefool

If any of this is true, just ask yourself this.

"What are the positives I get from social media?"

"What are the potential negatives of social media?"

Compare the two and then ask yourself is it worth it. So you got to "like" some practical strangers picture of a horse......versus having your life ruined.

It a real toughie.

If any of this is true, just ask yourself this.

Oh this is definitely true I spent the day sweating bullets while attempting to work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Tell them thanks, but that you already have a publisher working on developing your career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Tell them that you are wanting to break up with your OH and this would save you having the awkward conversation. You should email them every 5 minutes asking have they sent it yet, telling them to hurry up and in the 5th or 6th email, tell them you are not impresses with the service they offer and you will not be recommending them to your friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

me_irl wrote: »
    If I was them, I'd ask for about three fiddy.

foe fiddy yo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Give them the old Eye of Sauron

1. Drop your drawers

2. Put up two fingers in a rude hand gesture and position them each side of your anus

3. Squat down and take a pic

4. Send

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Just have a **** in future

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Give them the old Eye of Sauron....
    Thank you; I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I'm literally wiping tears from my eyes.

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did they ask for it in bitcoin, if so you're dealing with some mean mutha truckers

Did they ask for it in bitcoin, if so you're dealing with some mean mutha truckers

Yes they asked for 1 bit coin or €15454 euro, like where am I going to find €13645, id rather spend the €14354 on myself thank you very much

Give them the old Eye of Sauron

Just done it hopefully they have gone running for the hills now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Yes they asked for 1 bit coin or €15454 euro, like where am I going to find €13645, id rather spend the €14354 on myself thank you very much

Bit coin is fluctuating a lot there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Send them one of these.

:D

Chocolate-coin-bitten.jpg

• Advertisement

I think they have stopped now, lesson learned about leaving your facebook completely public

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Why don't you just screenshot their threats and post it up on Facebook?

Then that way, you'd get a free pass even if you are into that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Or tell them you've got photo's of them in compromising positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

The one that tried cornering me was one of those fake profiles with one photo and no friends. Not much point trying to blackmail someone that doesn't exist

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Start sending them pics like this and demand a grand off them so you will leave them alone

Particular-set-of-skills-1.jpg?fit=400%2C400

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Still it is a better attempt at extortion than the "I am an assassin with a contract on you - but having observed you I like you so if you just cover the cost of the contract I will cancel the hit on you. But if you tell anyone about this email - I will have to take them out too" email that was going around a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭conorhal

I called their bluff. Send those fakes I told them!....

...demanded even, fake they may have been, but they guy in those nudes had an 18" dick!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I can't help but think of that poor lad a while ago who fell for the webcam scam and as a teenager had no means to pay the blackmail, and he ended up killing himself. Desperately sad story

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Someone tried to blackmail me once using a throwaway joke text I sent them, they threatened me with going to the Gardai if I didn't sleep with them. I was 23, completely freaked and was sure I would have to comply until I confided in a slightly less naive friend who marched me into Pearse Street station. Now they didn't do anything, but they assured that under no circumstances would any Guard take a complaint like that seriously. So that was that. So, I would keep the texts but ignore or block them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

If that were me, they'd be getting the exact photos they were threatening sent back at them.
    Bluff. Called.

I'm not a huge fan of pants at the best of times.

Advertisement