Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-12-2017, 08:59   #31
Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Princess Consuela Bananahammock's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsey1987 View Post
I went out last night by myself. I was sipping a pint while looking at the TV for the most part. A couple of people came and went by the table I was sitting at. I acknowledged them but didn't really talk to them. I wasn't really in the mood for interacting with people to be honest, sometimes I can be like that. One girl asked me "Are you okay?". I assured here I was fine, not a bother. About an hour later a different crowd sitting at the table were moving on to go to a nightclub and one girl said that she wanted a hug. I asked her "are you sure?" She just shouted "yes" and put her arms around my neck. But the people at the next table (a group of girls), I heard one of them say "What the fcuk?!?!?!" and another person (a guy) said "why didn't you just drop the hand?". The girl behind the bar who knows me very well said that what I did was a very sweet thing to do. I think I handled the situation in the right way, but I can't get why other people thought I should have acted differently. Any ideas?
You drop the hand and you'll be reading about it beside a #metoo. You just know it'll go down like that...
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2017, 09:19   #32
padd b1975

The real trouble will start when she inevitably withdraws consent having been coached by some blue haired loon.
(5) thanks from:
11-12-2017, 09:37   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr_Dougal View Post
Not all heroes wear capes.
Sorry you've lost me
11-12-2017, 09:42   #34
RobbingBandit

That's why I don't leave home without my Jimmy Savile mask op, you need to suit up for hugs, be prepared.
11-12-2017, 09:53   #35
fergiesfolly

Are you talking literal hug OP, or is it a euphemism.
For example...when two people love each other very much, they hug in a special way.

That kinda hug?
Because, then yes you were right to ask if she was sure.
And did ye hug in the bathroom stalls or just right there in the middle of the bar, with everyone watching ye.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2017, 10:40   #36
fonecrusher1

So a girl asked you for a hug, you asked her was she sure, she said yes and then you hugged her anyway?

You are disgusting. I hope you apologized.

(2) thanks from:
11-12-2017, 10:54   #37
wakka12

You're great for just hugging her and not trying to sleep with her
Thanks from:
11-12-2017, 11:00   #38
Akrasia

I have a feeling that this is the closest the OP has ever been to a non maternal pair of boobs

Thanks for sharing
11-12-2017, 11:10   #39
Wile E. Coyote

Is this really the sh!t people are worrying about these days? Did I handle that hug situation correctly...? It's a f**king hug! She didn't ask you to drop to your knees in the middle of the pub and eat her out. But just so we're clear OP, that's a situation where you should probably check if she's serious before jumping straight in!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2017, 11:13   #40
Knex*

"And in the end, there was much taboo about nothing."

- Not an actual quote, I just felt like putting it in quotation marks.
11-12-2017, 11:26   #41
Pac1Man

"No, I'm eating my breakfast Kate."

That's what a true gentleman would have said.
(2) thanks from:
11-12-2017, 13:16   #42

Jaysus, it'd put me off if a lad was constantly asking me if I was consenting, especially for a hug. Can you imagine the ride? ''Is this ok?'' ''yes''.....30 seconds later ''are you still comfortable consenting?'' ''yes''.........''is this still ok?''. Good lord, this is a result of these consent campaigns. Use your common sense and don't put it in her bum as a greeting but a hug is grand.
11-12-2017, 14:38   #43
backspin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacBeth_ View Post
Jaysus, it'd put me off if a lad was constantly asking me if I was consenting, especially for a hug. Can you imagine the ride? ''Is this ok?'' ''yes''.....30 seconds later ''are you still comfortable consenting?'' ''yes''.........''is this still ok?''. Good lord, this is a result of these consent campaigns. Use your common sense and don't put it in her bum as a greeting but a hug is grand.
Sadly that's what some in the feminist movement are saying should happen. And plenty of men terrified of being accused of assault are going to follow that line. Common sense served the vast majority of us well for generations. This new hysteria is way over the top.
11-12-2017, 14:43   #44
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
I've found CCTV footage of the OP's encounter

11-12-2017, 18:28   #45

Quote:
Jaysus, it'd put me off if a lad was constantly asking me if I was consenting, especially for a hug.
It was she who asked me for a hug. If she hadn't asked I would have just assumed she didn't want one and nothing at all would have happened.

Quote:
Can you imagine the ride? ''Is this ok?'' ''yes''.....30 seconds later ''are you still comfortable consenting?'' ''yes''.........''is this still ok?''. Good lord, this is a result of these consent campaigns. Use your common sense and don't put it in her bum as a greeting but a hug is grand.
No, not really. Wouldn't be my type of thing

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion