Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weather - Educated Guess?

• 05-12-2014 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I know no one can accurately predict the weather in advance. However they can make a good guess!

So - Basically I'm organising a Christmas Festival for next weekend 13-14th of December.

Currently by reading the chart, what is the most likely weather for that weekend in the North West?

Don't worry, I won't hold anyone to it - I just want ones best educated guess? Cause mines certainly not educated! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Too early to give you any accurate idea as you know but at the moment it looks like west to north west wind and probably quite cold. Not worthwhile even guessing on rainfall yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Rainfall of the solid and or white variety possibly, anywhere up above sea level. The current indications would suggest highs near 4 or 5 C and passing mixed wintry showers, quite seasonal and festive for the purposes I would say. You might want to factor in that very strong winds will be a problem in the days before your event meaning you might not have as much quality preparation time as you hope. Wednesday and Thursday currently look very windy in all parts of Ireland but especially in Donegal and Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

Thanks guys for your replies. I'm very nervous.

I love snow, however just not next weekend. I want what individuals on this forum call 'boring weather' over the weekend of 13-14 DEC after that it can snow right through until February.

Will be keeping an eye on this forum over the next couple of days for developments.

Thanks again!

Advertisement