Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
13-03-2014, 00:00   #166
jimf
Registered User
 
jimf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearb View Post
Look Scudo. This is as near as I can get to an un-thank button.

you would discover it and worse still you told him about it
jimf is offline  
Advertisement
13-03-2014, 00:02   #167
anthonyos
Registered User
 
anthonyos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by esox28 View Post
What new technology? Self diagnostic control box (it will never fly) did someone reinvent the combustion process (hygrogen burner) secondary heat exchanger( hardly new tech been around since the seventys afaik).
Id say your great crack to work with
anthonyos is offline  
13-03-2014, 00:05   #168
JamesM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,735
A bit of respect here lads There's nothing wrong with being over 66 and retired. I spent the last few sunny days cleaning up my boat and getting ready for a long hot summer No more hours on my knees, freezing / wet days, smelly boilers for me Heading to Cork to see grandchildren on Friday. Using free travel and won't have car, so can't meet scudo this time
Jim.
JamesM is offline  
(5) thanks from:
13-03-2014, 00:07   #169
Wearb
Moderator
 
Wearb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimf View Post
you would discover it and worse still you told him about it
Might have saved a lot of trouble if I found it a few months ago.

btw. Just searched for the packman emoticon meaning....it seems I am well entitled to use it. It is a retro smiley from a time when we all remembered that as an advanced computer game.
Wearb is offline  
(2) thanks from:
13-03-2014, 00:16   #170
jimf
Registered User
 
jimf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
A bit of respect here lads There's nothing wrong with being over 66 and retired. I spent the last few sunny days cleaning up my boat and getting ready for a long hot summer No more hours on my knees, freezing / wet days, smelly boilers for me Heading to Cork to see grandchildren on Friday. Using free travel and won't have car, so can't meet scudo this time
Jim.
good for you jamesm enjoy
jimf is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-03-2014, 00:21   #171
esox28
Registered User
 
esox28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyos View Post
Id say your great crack to work with
Ah yea, I don't deny it! Crack is for the weekend.

Attack the posts and not the poster (and all that).

Last edited by esox28; 13-03-2014 at 00:52.
esox28 is offline  
13-03-2014, 00:33   #172
K.Flyer
Registered User
 
K.Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,717
Jaysus... turned on the phone to see a few new pages on the WTF, opened them up hoping to see loads of pics of disastrous workmanship only to find its turned into an ageism thread
Gave me a good laugh... sooo I am almost exactly halfway between Scudo and Jim
Edit: (In years, not geographicaly)

Last edited by K.Flyer; 13-03-2014 at 07:54.
K.Flyer is offline  
(2) thanks from:
13-03-2014, 00:48   #173
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Flyer View Post
Jaysus... turned on the phone to see a few new pages on the WTF, opened them up hoping to see loads of pics of disastrous workmanship only to find its turned into an ageism thread
Gave me a good laugh... sooo I am almost exactly halfway between Scudo and Jim
New photo near the bottom of page 11 at 9.43pm 12/3/14

Posted before the hand bag brigade got going.

Last edited by scudo2; 13-03-2014 at 09:30.
scudo2 is offline  
13-03-2014, 18:13   #174
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,982
Another photo for you. It's OUTDOOR "but" boiler photos 4214 058.jpg (in a shed) !!
scudo2 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-03-2014, 18:56   #175
corkgsxr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,232
I had to rescue one of the lads today. He was trying to unblock a sewer. 17 rods with a 4" rubber plate in and nothing. He went to pull them out. Only 4 came out. Is there anything worse
corkgsxr is offline  
13-03-2014, 19:17   #176
Dtp1979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkgsxr View Post
I had to rescue one of the lads today. He was trying to unblock a sewer. 17 rods with a 4" rubber plate in and nothing. He went to pull them out. Only 4 came out. Is there anything worse
That's the worst feelin. Happened me once but it was only the rubber plate that was left behind
Dtp1979 is offline  
13-03-2014, 19:19   #177
gifted
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkgsxr View Post
I had to rescue one of the lads today. He was trying to unblock a sewer. 17 rods with a 4" rubber plate in and nothing. He went to pull them out. Only 4 came out. Is there anything worse
Me nose is at me... how did he get the other 13 out?
gifted is offline  
13-03-2014, 19:26   #178
jimf
Registered User
 
jimf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudo2 View Post
Another photo for you. It's OUTDOOR "but" Attachment 298447 (in a shed) !!
now that deserves its place in the wtf thread good jesus
jimf is offline  
13-03-2014, 19:42   #179
Dtp1979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,703
Here's 1/2" qual joining 10mm copper.........on an oil line
Dtp1979 is offline  
13-03-2014, 19:42   #180
Dtp1979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,703
Forgot to add the actual pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (297.0 KB, 641 views)
Dtp1979 is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet