Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-03-2015, 23:32   #61
Redders34

Anyone any guidance or advice on the test please
Advertisement
14-03-2015, 09:33   #62
cruais

Did every applicant get the email or was it only a certain amount?
Thanks from:
14-03-2015, 09:37   #63
Big Nasty

How long does the assessment take to do?
14-03-2015, 10:21   #64
waulie_palnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky911 View Post
Just finished them.. very straight forward to be honest. If you have any experience in any ES you should be ok.
What tests came up then?
14-03-2015, 14:58   #65
Itismyyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
How long does the assessment take to do?
Says it should take 40mins but as said previously if you have experience in any ES and have common sense you should be fine took maybe 20 mins
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-03-2015, 18:32   #66

Just did it myself..........very straight forward and no crazy math calculations thank God.
(3) thanks from:
14-03-2015, 20:19   #67
big.left90

Haven't done the test yet, but, spoke to someone who has and they said its fairly straight forward too, nothing mad.

I did one of the SHL numerical reasoning practice tests earlier today and it had me calculating gross domestic profit for Argentina from a graph so I was fairly spooked by it given maths isn't a strong point for me. I was assured however that the numerical part of our test was handy enough provided you've got some basic arthmetic skills. I'll report back when I have it done. Hopefully I can echo the comments of others. the person i spoke to also said it was emergency service based-ish anyway I'll see for myself best of luck to all.
16-03-2015, 00:17   #68
Redders34

Hi folks just wondering any advice going to sit a complete it in the morning after just coming off shift anyone else completed it yet thank you
16-03-2015, 12:01   #69
Itismyyear

Do after doing the online test. Does anyone have any idea what the next steps will be anyone have a timeline?
Advertisement
16-03-2015, 13:07   #70
big.left90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itismyyear View Post
Do after doing the online test. Does anyone have any idea what the next steps will be anyone have a timeline?
It said in the email they sent on Friday it will be "a number of weeks" before we hear anything back, those who get short listed from the first round of tests have to do a second round of tests then it'll be first round interview, physical assessments, second round interview, medical, garda clearance etc
16-03-2015, 13:38   #71
Itismyyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by big.left90 View Post
It said in the email they sent on Friday it will be "a number of weeks" before we hear anything back, those who get short listed from the first round of tests have to do a second round of tests then it'll be first round interview, physical assessments, second round interview, medical, garda clearance etc

Thanks but i think this is the line from the email "Please be assured that all candidates will be notified of the outcome of the process in due course. Due to the numbers of applications received this may take a number of weeks."

They chose who got the first round of emails by filtering the CV's so im assuming that when they say a number of weeks its for people to be told they did not get it for those who did get an email im sure it wont be a couple of weeks until we hear from them..

Another question, is it for a Panel like DFB or will it be your accepted we are starting on .............
16-03-2015, 13:48   #72

Quote:
Thanks but i think this is the line from the email "Please be assured that all candidates will be notified of the outcome of the process in due course. Due to the numbers of applications received this may take a number of weeks."

They chose who got the first round of emails by filtering the CV's so im assuming that when they say a number of weeks its for people to be told they did not get it for those who did get an email im sure it wont be a couple of weeks until we hear from them..

Another question, is it for a Panel like DFB or will it be your accepted we are starting on .............

I don't think they filtered any applications for this round. Everyone I know received an email inviting them to complete the first round and I know of about 50 people going for it at present.
Thanks from:
16-03-2015, 13:57   #73
big.left90

Quote:

As far as im aware everyone has been forwarded for apptitude testing, so we're going to be playing the waiting game. I wouldn't expect to hear anything back for at least 5 weeks, for round 2.

There's a number of vacancies to be filled immediately and the panel will be used to fill the rest over the next year or two.

Those that score high enough in the process probably won't be starting training till around september according to a guy I know who's a member of the apfs in Dublin.
16-03-2015, 14:19   #74

Everyone got the first round aptitude
16-03-2015, 20:45   #75
donkey balls

I don't think anyone picked up on this but the Airport Fire service operate their own ambulance,With Phecc registered paramedics and it's kept very busy I know this from seeing it on a daily/nightly basis from working at the airport.
From talking to the lads they seem to have the same setup as the DFB with rostering both for the tenders and ambulance.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion