I live with a bunch of girls who own a husky dog. They've recently got this for him and I really don't like it. The dog is a few months old and they have been more than lazy with training him properly. So far he has been kept in the house, was tried outside at night once or twice, never for a whole night though due to neighbours complaints. He really hasn't been given the chance to get used to being outside on his own. The idea of this thing is clearly to keep him quiet so the neighbours don't complain.
'It doesn't hurt him' apparently, 'about as much of a shock as you'd get off a car door'.
So do you think this is lazy training, are you more sensitive to an issue like this as a veggie?
Here are some reviews from amazon....
|I bought one of these for each of my four dogs who set each other off barking and its hard to stop them. The collie got the message straight away and now only needs to hear the sound and she stops unfortunately the 3 cocker spaniels don't respond well after the first shock one started yelping at the pain which meant she kept on getting shocked this started the other dogs off who were making her collar shock even more, really scary I thought she would have a heart attack.|
|Dangerous. Should not be sold. My dog got it at the first time but a little while later she was playing with a squeaky toy. It was set of but didn't stop. The buzzer bit kept on going and in the rush to get it off, while she was yelping like crazy, she bit my son and crushed his finger. It was a horrible sight, to see a dog in so much pain and this collar should not be allowed to be sold. This product is dangerous, cruel and inhumain. Do not buy this!!!!!!!!!!!! worst buy ever.|
|These collars are only good if in the hands of a professional trainer and then only used in very extreme circumstances. I have seen first hand the pain and burn marks these collars can cause. They are now banned in Wales and should be everywhere. BEWARE!|