Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegatopia now opened in the epicurean food hall!

• 23-02-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭

Since Moonstar sadly closed down in the epicurean food hall, a favourite haunt of mine which did amazing baked potatoes, coffee and veggie noodles amongst other things, I really missed out on somewhere cheap and cheerful to eat. I was passing through there today and lo and behold it has been replaced by a new vegetarian counter "Vegatopia". The food looked amazing, I had already eaten so I couldnt try it but there was a ton of stuff to choose from all with meat alternatives like soya mince, tofu etc as well as other things like falafel, vegetable samosas etc. The prices looked very reasonable too, you can get a mixed plate of stuff with a drink for €7.

Here's some pics from the epicurean facebook page.....

427743_349862968381205_205112219522948_1116552_320285827_n.jpg

404864_349863975047771_205112219522948_1116554_557525281_n.jpg

The stuff in that pictures looks a lot different than what I saw in there today which shows that they change the menu which is good. The guy running it was also lovely and friendly telling me exactly what everything was. I'll be back to try it for sure, I hope everybody pays them a visit, it'd be nice to see a place like that doing well :)

It's in the epicurean food hall on Middle Abbey St/Liffey St in Dublin for anyone that doesn't know it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Its a shame to see moon star gone. I loved their potatoes and they always seemed busy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looks really good in there, didn't try it yet, the stuff I saw actually looked much nicer than that up there too. Hope it does well, friendly guy, and is cheap.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Its a shame to see moon star gone. I loved their potatoes and they always seemed busy.

I loved that place, and where do I get a nice baked potato now?! for a fiver too!
    Was shocked when it was gone.

Towards the end they had this noodle bar combined with it, and the noodles there were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

ye definitely, I had been going to that place for years and the owners always really appreciated my custom, they'd always recognise me and say hello out and about, I miss them :( They did always seem to do well too, they had introduced the new noodle bar towards the end, that never did well actually but they were amazing, cooked on the spot with tons of tofu and fresh veg. I just hope this new place does well, a lot of places just don't take off in the epicurean for whatever reason.

I loved that place, and where do I get a nice baked potato now?! for a fiver too!
    Was shocked when it was gone.

You can no longer say "I want to go to potato" :(

Discussion of burritos cleaned up, has it's own thread now.

Let's hear some vegatopia trip experiences! :D
    Thinking of going in soon to try mm.

• Advertisement

Ate in there today, got the falafel salad and drink for a fiver, was yummy, they even had dill in the salad which I love :)

Had a taste of the mixed plate of stuff too, very nice and quite substantial with tons of soya chunks.

I'll be back a lot I reckon.

It was lovely in there today, got the mixed plate, so all the dishes, rice, salad and a coke for 7 euro. Nice! Had a nice variety, must have been 6 dishes or so.

Very quiet in there though, nobody else went up to him the whole hour or two we were there. Hope it doesn't shut!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Looks great. Thanks for letting us know LOS. Can't wait to try it.

Shame they don't have a website as I don't have a facebook account.

I don't have a fb account either but neither does vegatopia, afaik only the epicurean itself does so nothing much on there apart from the pics above.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

I've tried the place a few times over the last 3 weeks. It's lovely.

Seems to be getting a good amount of people eating from it too.

• Advertisement

I've tried the place a few times over the last 3 weeks. It's lovely.

Seems to be getting a good amount of people eating from it too.

That's good to hear, was back in there myself today, it was late enough though so naturally it wasn't too busy. Had falafel salad again plus he had houmous today yummy!

--LOS-- wrote: »
    That's good to hear, was back in there myself today, it was late enough though so naturally it wasn't too busy. Had falafel salad again plus he had houmous today yummy!

Yeah, the falafel sandwich/salads are yummy. Forgot to meantion, the guy working there is a really nice guy. Great place all round.

Also, the fact that it's cheap gives it an upper hand over the other places in the city like Cornucopia and Govinas. :)

Went to Vegatopia to try it out last Friday around 7 pm. They were still selling falafel or cheese pastry thing but as it was off peak they weren't selling the other hot dishes.
    The falafel was very nice.

It was a fiver for falafel and a drink and the only drink they had was bottled water.

Apart from Delhi O'Deli on Moore St it is great to find somewhere that you can have a quick cheap and tasty veggie snack and I look forward to going back to try out their other hot dishes.

Usually have soft drinks, but he just had water the last day too for us. Preferred being forced the healthy option :D

Definitely go back for the mixed plate, it's lovely.

Whoop! Somewhere new to try! \o/
    Thanks for the heads up Los :)

Sadly, Vegetopia is no more. The rent for the place was too dear supposedly.

Bad times!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Ah no! :( Never even had a chance to visit it :(

Goodnight, Sweet Prince!

Ah no..........

That's Juice, Cafe Fresh (i think) and Vegatopia all gone.

I don't like the stressfulness of Cornucopia so that only really leaves Blazing Salads which is only take away and Delhi O'Deli in Dublin :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Don't forget Govinda's! Nomnomnom.

Ah dammit, he was really nice too. We were just in the other day and he gave us a few euro off and all! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement