Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Cards...

• 14-09-2002 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭ Ramiro Deafening Memorial

(Sorry, I couldn't really think where to post this.)

Okay, long story short... got the landline changed so it can only make local calls. No national, mobile or international calls but I'd still like to be able to make the odd mobile or national call.

I was just wondering does anyone know of any phone cards whereby you dial a freephone number or whatever from a phone and then enter the number you want to call... like, I dial 1800.100.100 and then I get a menu where I say I would like to make a new call and then I enter 086.100.1000 or whatever. The phone cards have a certain value in them, say €20 and when that's gone you can't use it anymore. Does anyone know of these? Anyone know where I can get them? Are there any that offer decent rates to mobiles?

Thanks lads,
    Bob

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

theres a post on this on the netcomms board at the moment i think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Spirit and Century let you do that I think.
    It's like mobile credit, but generally used for international calls and can be used on any phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yes but just be wary of hidden charges. Please feel free to pm me about this if you want to know more but now all I can say is - most of them are expensive for local calls be it mobile or land line but you can get good deals.

PM me if you want to know more, I don't want to pimp the company I work for here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Corko

Originally posted by Gordon
    Yes but just be wary of hidden charges. Please feel free to pm me about this if you want to know more but now all I can say is - most of them are expensive for local calls be it mobile or land line but you can get good deals.

PM me if you want to know more, I don't want to pimp the company I work for here!

I agree with Gordon. Be Careful.

Check out:
    Esat Home 1800924300
    Gotalk 1800921921

Gotalk are UK base but are very cheap calling far away places. Esat Home are good as well.

If you use these services from mobiles or payphones you may incur surcharges.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

And check out Talkshop on 1890 927 928. They are an Irish company.

I know for a fact that they have no hidden charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

We sell 'Hello' cards, good rates for ringing oversea's, don't know about to mobiles/local

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Spirit & Century are moreso used for international calls.

pretty badd for mobile calls. I had 156mins for a international call and I said I'd se how long I'd have to ring my mobile...

13 mins...:(

Spirit requires calling a Dublin # to get reduced rates & century is a 1890 #.

Advertisement