Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recruit Prison Officer 2020

• 15-02-2020 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just got a massage inviting me to book an appointment for stage 2. Did anyone else get this message? On the website I was not able to access a link to allow me to make a booking, simple said "You do not currently have any assessments available to book"
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marins95

I just got the message yesterday and I booked my appointment using the link from the stage 1 result message.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kiera4

Marins95 wrote: »
    I just got the message yesterday and I booked my appointment using the link from the stage 1 result message.

The only links I had in my message were instructions, word documents that had instructions on how to book for stage two.... I couldn't find anything to let me book it...

Was the link you followed directly in the message??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marins95

Kiera4 wrote: »
    The only links I had in my message were instructions, word documents that had instructions on how to book for stage two.... I couldn't find anything to let me book it...

Was the link you followed directly in the message??

yes, i got my link in the message

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭timmy2772

Hey guys. How did you find stage 2 ?...the Verbal I thought I did ok in, but I was surprised at how tricky the maths part was. So much text to read through to find out what they were looking for. I found I had nowhere near enough time ..ended up guessing at the end as panic set in

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AndrewTW

I received notification from Public Jobs today that I was successful in stage 2 and will be called to stage 3 in the coming months, Has anyone any insight into what to expect at the next stage.

• Advertisement

Hey Andrew. Got notification yesterday that I was successful in stage 2 and was moving onto stage 3.. Interview process now and group interview. Lot of prrleration needed now I'm assuming. I wonder is there any course we could attend to give us an idea of what to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Slimshaney123

Hi guys I got through to stage 3 interview also. I would love to be able to prepare somewhat for the interview so to be ready with all this free time but without the familiarisation material I too don't know what to expect. If you guys hear anything more it would be great I will let you know also if I do.

Hi folks, I received an email today from Public Jobs regarding the stage 3 process and it seems CORVID-19 will be delaying the process as no dates were given for the Interview. I reckon the interview will be altered to just a traditional type with no team orientation to allow the correct social distance policy.

Hard to know Andrew. I'd say it will just be pushed back a bit until they can conduct it as usual but you could also just as easily be right. How have you been preparing mate ?...

timmy2772 wrote: »
    Hard to know Andrew. I'd say it will just be pushed back a bit until they can conduct it as usual but you could also just as easily be right. How have you been preparing mate ?...

Mainly just researching the Prison Service speaking to current members and trying to get an idea of what is going to happen in the next stages ahead. i would be coming from a security background working on the Luas so hopefully my experiences from working on the redline is somewhat useful. What about yourself?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

Hey did anyone get the email from public jobs this morning with their OOM number. What does this number mean ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    Hey did anyone get the email from public jobs this morning with their OOM number. What does this number mean ?

OOM = Order of Merit. Your scores in previous stages rank you on when you'll receive an interview.

But like what is my number out of I.e if I got 10 say then I am tenth out of how many?

10 out of 1500 maybe.

10 out of 1500 maybe.

You think there was 1500 applicants this time?

I was being conservative with that figure. I'd say it could easily be more...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 suremaybe

It means that's where you placed and how many people will be called before you .

Ok cool I like my number if it's that much or more I do not like it if there was only a few hundred 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 17 suremaybe

Ok cool I like my number if it's that much or more I do not like it if there was only a few hundred 🀣

Wouldn't worry too much . You'll loss some in interviews , fitness tests and medicals too . So you may not be as far off as you think .

• Advertisement

suremaybe wrote: »
    Wouldn't worry too much . You'll loss some in interviews , fitness tests and medicals too . So you may not be as far off as you think .

Is it a kind of way you have to be inside a certain number to be hired do you know. I find the process so long and drawn out especially since corona kicked in

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sylvia2013

The OOM is where you have been placed/ranked based on your results from Stages 1 and 2. The higher placed candidates generally get called first for interviews.They might go from 1 to 50, then 51 to 100 and so on, until they get through everyone that qualified. Covid has slowed everything down but I've been reading a thread for the 2019 campaign and there are still people waiting on interview results from late last year. So its going to be a long process.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Sylvia2013 wrote: »
    The OOM is where you have been placed/ranked based on your results from Stages 1 and 2. The higher placed candidates generally get called first for interviews.They might go from 1 to 50, then 51 to 100 and so on, until they get through everyone that qualified. Covid has slowed everything down but I've been reading a thread for the 2019 campaign and there are still people waiting on interview results from late last year. So its going to be a long process.

I'm fairly sure the long wait time for these people has something to do with their rank, i.e. the high ranking applicants after the interview in this campaign will take priority over people who didn't rank well last year. It is the same story for the Garda campaign - some people have been waiting years, yet there are people from the 2019 campaign which began in April 2019 who were set to begin training in Templemore in April 202 this year. While I'm not sure if they did begin this year due to covid (unlikely), they definitely were shown favour due to their rank and had the whole process expedited ahead of previous years and lower ranking applicants.

Based on some research, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a class from this years recruit prison officer campaign trained in before November this year.

Did anyone get the update from Public Jobs today? Interviews starting end of the month..

I don't think theres any interview Sylvia �� I thought that was clear or is it just me ?....is it not going to be entirely a " role play scenario "

My email mentions "You may take the video interview in a venue of your choice wherever you have access to a device with webcam and audio functionality, and a reliable internet connection." So I assume they are seeing this as a type of interview.. But definitely a different set up to previous years. I'm not sure what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shane398

Hi all,
    I’m a bit confused as to the message we all just received on public jobs, my OOM is in the early 200s so I just about missed out on the initial 198 they are getting through this time around.
    Can anyone please give me a bit of information as to what this means, am i in reserve if they don’t hire as many as they need out of the 198? When roughly can I expect to hear about my interview??
    Also seeing as it’s a scenario now instead of interview does this mean there is still an interview stage to get too?
    Sorry about all the questions I’m just very confused anybody with any info at all that could help me I’d be very grateful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Shane398 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I’m a bit confused as to the message we all just received on public jobs, my OOM is in the early 200s so I just about missed out on the initial 198 they are getting through this time around.
    Can anyone please give me a bit of information as to what this means, am i in reserve if they don’t hire as many as they need out of the 198? When roughly can I expect to hear about my interview??
    Also seeing as it’s a scenario now instead of interview does this mean there is still an interview stage to get too?
    Sorry about all the questions I’m just very confused anybody with any info at all that could help me I’d be very grateful :)

You'll get a chance to do the next stage, it'll just take longer. I imagine they are going to do this in tranches of 198 each time, so it'll be from 199 - 398 in the next group - assuming there are no people pulling out.

This next stage was meant to be an assessment centre and interview. I imagine that they are using Zoom you could be doing online group-based assessments, no idea how that will work out. There will be scenarios and they will gauge your reaction and how you respond.

Interview could also be done this way through Zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shane398

Thanks a million! :) yeah that’s what I’m a bit confused about was is it going to be the same format as the other years, I applied in 2018 but had only just turned 19 so was a bit young at the time and sadly fell short in the interview. So I imagine it will be the group exercise then maybe 1 on 1 interviews for stage 4?? Only time will tell I guess, it’s a very long process altogether

• Advertisement

I cant see an interview happening. It seems like it's going to be purely a role play scenario and onto stage 4 which is a physical fitness test. My reading of the email we received was that it's going to be done differently this year due to covid. It was clear that theres no interview

Advertisement