Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What age are men at their sexiest?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Tammy! wrote: »
    And at what age did you find him most sexy?.

Jimmy Nail, 33. Tony Adams when he scored that goal against Everton, 32 I think he was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Painfully shy and awkward since my teens but at 45 now, I’m the best I’ve ever looked. Beautiful flowing grey hair, slim, dress very well and the face cleared up nicely. Might even end up having a sex life before I croak.

Ohhh Matron!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Was fat and frumpy in my twenties with a lack of confidence. In my thirties, fit as a person my age can be, slim and fecking fairly good looking. Older women checking me out or flirting freaks me out a little though!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Jimmy Nail, 33. Tony Adams when he scored that goal against Everton, 32 I think he was :)

Well there ya go :)

They do look very alike OP in fairness,

Not sexy though at all.

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    They do look very alike OP in fairness,

Not sexy though at all.

check out Christopher Eccleston aswell, they like triplets :D

check out Christopher Eccleston aswell, they like triplets :D

All jug ears.

All look better older too.

Watched the documentary Drunk and Dry. Very honest.

anewme wrote: »
    All jug ears.

All look better older too.

Watched the documentary Drunk and Dry. Very honest.

You must have an unusual taste in men. Most women wet themselves over Christopher Eccleston and Jimmy Nail, Tony Adams less so but men have creamed themselves in his honour..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

^ can't imagine why (shakes head)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Checked with the wife and she reckons 40.

I'm 55 though.... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A lot of men get better looking with age, and add in the maturity, wisdom and self-assuredness that comes with age - it can be a winning combination for the middle aged guy.

Eric Rutherford, great at 52

handsome-old-men-11-582da63fdc73c__880.jpg

George Clooney has always been a total hunk, but IMO he’s been looking his best the past 5 years. Woof! :D

rzlMfkF68yPl.jpg

Jason Stratham. In his 20s he was a sportsman, dancer and pretty boy. But at 52, he is scorching.

Jason+Statham+2019+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+8vq_KvLIiF6l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭saabsaab

See Aidan Quinn at 38. This is my father or song for a raggy boy. Probably his peak...they really liked him

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

What age are men at their sexiest?
    Depends upon the man. Some always are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Black Swan wrote: »
    Depends upon the man. Some always are.

It's a heavy cross to bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

KaneToad wrote: »
    My mirror says different...

I was thinking 38 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

saabsaab wrote: »
    Depends on the man but I'd say that between 35-42 a man has most attention.

I got most attention shortly after getting into a relationship. As soon as I was single, bam, nobody wanted me.

So men are at their sexiest when they're already with someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Age isn't the only factor in determining how sexy a man is. I'm almost 40, and would be far more attractive and alluring to a woman than an overweight man in his 20's who works in IT, has one of those dreadful unkempt creep-beards, and who uses a backpack to carry items around with him. Clooney will always be more attractive than Zuckerberg, and age isn't going to change that.

I'm almost hesitant to give advice here, as people tend to take offense when you point out that things like their fashion choices make a difference to attracting a partner.

Act your age - wearing converse runners or a baseball hat isn't something you should be doing past 30, max (even worse if the hat is worn backwards).

Spend more money on clothes than you do at the moment - if you're spending more on things like beer or computer games than you are on fashion then you're doing it wrong. Aim for a small collection of classic high-quality pieces. You are judged on how you dress.

Get your teeth sorted. You're Irish. You almost certainly have horror movie teeth.

Keep abreast of current affairs, and be able to discuss them without losing your temper.

Culture extends past what's on Netflix or the latest Marvel cinema release. Read the classics, attend the theatre, develop an appreciation for good food and wine.

Buy a good aftershave. I smell incredible, and it's something that women tend to find extremely attractive in a man. I'm talking Tom Ford or Creed, and not some bottle of Calvin Klein that your mother bought for you in Boots in a 2 for 1 offer.

Exercise, eat well, get plenty of sleep, moisturise, meditate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I don't know, i've never fancied them much at any age, just seems gay to me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I smell incredible

Ha ha, love that.

The thing is Tom Ford and Creed are luxury brands, if you're a man with a family and all the financial commitments that come with that spending a few hundred quid on 100ml of fragrance isn't going to be a runner.

As for everything else you said I can further contextualise it. Using Clooney and Zuckerberg as a reference, Clooney in a pair of trainers and "relaxed" attire will still be more attractive to women than Zuckerberg in a designer suit and drenched in Green Irish Tweed or Black Orchid. That is down to the fact that one is more attractive than the other.

As for fashion, the only real disaster a grown man can engage in in constant track suit wearing. Men over 20 should avoid dressing like teenage boys (and acting like them with their hands down the front of their tracksuit bottoms) everything else can be done in a manner that can look respectable.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

My age. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement