Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

NSAman wrote: »
    Having to stay in bed all day Saturday Sunday cause you went out Friday night....and had two drinks.

FYP:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

My 8 year old: “Mom, were you younger or older than me when the Titanic sank?”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

My sons found a picture dated 1989 of me in an FCA uniform armed with ancient machine gun .

The two bastards wanted to know if I fought in the second world war and then pissed themselves laughing after I explained what the FCA was.

Grumbles "Should bring in conscription for young 'uns nowadays".

Round our way they were known as the Fat Cat's Association. This was pre Celtic Tiger though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

mad m wrote:
    Sitting in on Saturday looking forward to seeing winning streak....

That's actually sad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

When the Emergency Doc on duty in A and E is as young as your own children...

As a kid the latest big thing was Colour Television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

jcorr wrote: »
    Round our way they were known as the Fat Cat's Association. This was pre Celtic Tiger though.

I remember it being called the Free Clothes Association..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Watched a film about The Beatles with various family members recently. I made them watch it, because I am a Beatles lover). Bits of black and white footage and that.

Nephew asked me what age I was when they were really big.

(I'm still, just about, in my 30s)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Wben signing up to a new account the scrolling down to D.O.B. year takes that little bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

In a Night Club recently waiting for the "slow set" So I could bring my beloved out for a dance :confused:

(We're together 30 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Remembering having to dial in to the internet to connect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

gammygils wrote: »
    In a Night Club recently waiting for the "slow set" So I could bring my beloved out for a dance :confused:

(We're together 30 years)

That is so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I remember it being called the Free Clothes Association..

Or Fools Carrying Arms.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

When Netflix started to show Friends and there were loads of tweets from people who were just discovering it.
    God that made me feel ancient.

Also having a meeting with the school about my child entering JI in Sept and hearing things about book lists and uniforms.That actually aged me.That's the s%&t my parents are supposed to do, not me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

220px-Z%C3%BCndpl%C3%A4ttchen1.jpg

a child today would have absolutely no idea what this is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Last month i was in my 30s
    Now all of a sudden, in 19 years I'm 59

FFS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

220px-Z%C3%BCndpl%C3%A4ttchen1.jpg

a child today would have absolutely no idea what this is

I loved the smell they gave off even thinking about it brings me right back to my childhood.

Remembering having to dial in to the internet to connect.

Remembering having to use Kay catalogue cause the internet wasn't around yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

For me it definitely the two day hangover even after only a few beers and checking the death notices and unfortunately starting to see familiar names ... I’m only in my mid 40,s.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Being shocked that a 'child' was allowed to hold a licence and drive heavy machinery when a silage tractor and trailer shot around the bend and braked hard to just stop short of me.

Thought the driver looked like a 12 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

When one of the first calculators you owned is an exhibit in a computer museum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 tommyphelan

When you're 10 year old daughter turns to you and asks "Daddy, when you were my age, was YouTube in black and white?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yesterday i was trying to get our 11 year old off his ps4, and he says its not fair, just because you had no xbix or ps4 when you were my age.

I say we had better, we had the nes and the megadrive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

When you're 10 year old daughter turns to you and asks "Daddy, when you were my age, was YouTube in black and white?"
    And then won’t Believe you that YouTube wasn’t around or in fact the you had no internet at all.

My daughter asked what a cd was for.. she's fúcked if she ever she's a tape :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Listening back to music from the 90s.

when someone writes here 'listening back to the music from the 90s'...:mad::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Peatys wrote:
    My daughter asked what a cd was for.. she's fúcked if she ever she's a tape

Or know the frustrations of trying to record a song on radio and DJ talking over intro or ending of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Flew to the US for work a few weeks back and the girl beside me was heading on her J1. Realized I flew out for mine around the same time 20 years ago :( didn't help that she didn't think they existed back then or asked how did you book and research it without the internet, I tried to explain we did have the internet but it then realized was like me hearing stories of the grandparents getting the electric in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

The joy of getting the lawn mowed before it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

When a 26 year old person asks you to explain how Northern Ireland works -

'They don't use our money up there, do they? .... why is it not part of the republic? .... What makes certain areas unsafe?....What was the I.R.A.?' !!!!!'

Seriously! what are they teaching in schools these days?.... and the dept of Ed is looking to remove history as a compulsory subject in senior cycle????

We will end up with a generation of 'experts' on the history of nothing but youtube influencers and 'reality' television programmes :rolleyes:

(The above rant is another aspect that makes me feel old.... I tend to get grumpier with each birthday that passes).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Clearly remembering living through events that you watch on reeling in the years

Advertisement