Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Someone is mowing my front lawn?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

As the title reads, recently moved in to a house that has been empty for some time, so in that time I imagine the lawn got quite over grown and unsightly, so it would appear someone decided to maintain it under their own steam.Im living in the house about 6 weeks and in that time, this good Samaritan has continued to mow the lawn. I haven't caught them in the act due to long working hours, social commitments etc, How you the boards community react to this behavior falling short of knocking on doors asking "are you mowing my lawn"? While I really do appreciate the gesture, it's quite embarrassing

Nothing brings an area down faster than a house with unkept overgrown front gardens especially in summer when the grass and weed growth is full on. My bet is the last owner did nothing when it was empty and out of frustration the neighbours started cutting it themselves. Now they don't know what you are like so are afraid to stop. Ask around and find out who is doing it and thank them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

893bet wrote: »
    Get a horse and tie it to tree outside to keep the grass down. Neighbours will love that kinda of thing.

Yes. A clothes horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Throw a few scrap cars and a deckchair on the lawn to show that you mean business and deserve respect in the neighborhood, and will do as you damm well please with your own half acre.
    You know yourself that no man should mow another man's lawn without permission, that's how rumours get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Op - you are lucky, my nextdoor neighbour came out with a steel file and threatened to kick the sh1t out of me for daring to cut the grass verge outside his house, while I was doing mine.

I have actually started to leave mine grow over to highlight he's a midget dicked knob end who'd do his but not mine.

fuc[in prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

Funny you should mention... someone's been trimming my beard whilst I'm sleeping. I wake up in the morning and it's just a little bit shorter. If it's your neighbor please ask him to do a better job on the moustache left side.

• Advertisement

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    Maybe it's a leprechaun mowing grass

I didn't do nothin 🀨

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Funny you should mention... someone's been trimming my beard whilst I'm sleeping. I wake up in the morning and it's just a little bit shorter. If it's your neighbor please ask him to do a better job on the moustache left side.

It's probably your husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,610 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

At least offer her a glass of water

b88cd1b903b520c29ddb455c8758f760.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

WTF is your problem here OP.

I know it is another Saturday night in the Covid era, but what?

Send the neighbour a box of chocs or a bottle of whiskey. You don't know you were born.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

324ls2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

COVID wrote: »
    I cut your lawn.
    Son, we live in a world that has lawns, and those lawns have to be cut by men and women with lawnmowers. Who's gonna do it? You?
    I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps overlooking the smooth lawn that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a lawnmower and do it yourself.

You can't handle the lawnmower !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Pretty sure this was in an episode of A Country Practice.

Mrs.Watson had the same problem.
    Turns out it was Cookie early in the morning.

Ring Frank just to be sure.

It's terrible op.

Some bitch keeps leaving me dinner in the microwave when I'm on a late shift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Op I’d imagine they’ve continued to cut it as you’ve been there 6 weeks and haven’t cut it yourself. At this time of year that’s be serious growth. I’d agree with your idea of getting a lawnmower and starting cutting it yourself.

If you want to thank the kind soul that has been keeping it looking well I’d suggest asking your closest neighbour, they will likely have seen someone doing it in the time it was for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Nickla

i would check with the residents association - when we moved into our estate there was a few empty houses and the RA decided to include empty houses in the grass keeping to keep the whole estate looking well -

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Are you mowing it while blind drunk and forgetting you did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Nickla wrote: »
    i would check with the residents association - when we moved into our estate there was a few empty houses and the RA decided to include empty houses in the grass keeping to keep the whole estate looking well -

A groundskeeper comes in on a Sunday and does the green and common areas, but it's not these lads

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hilaroius thread. Loved the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I regularly cut my 3 neighbors lawns and the paths outside their houses when I am doing my own. Only takes an extra 20 mins - it’s nice to be nice. Not much in the line reciprocation though :(

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Hilaroius thread. Loved the laugh.

Glad you're in better humour now, you seemed pretty irate when you posted an hour ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Remember when we used to say someone is cutting the grass in my front garden.

Back when the whole western world wasnt one big samey corportate existence, where people travel to see the exact same thing in every city jn the world.

Mowing the lawn me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

O, I know how to sort this.

Get a goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I actually see this as case of this is our hood and you're only a new fish.

Know your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

In Soviet Russia..............

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Why is this neighbour wantonly destroying your bee friendly, wild flower meadow?

I'd sue fcuker.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Be ploughing your wife next...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

touts wrote: »
    Nothing brings an area down faster than a house with unkept overgrown front gardens especially in summer when the grass and weed growth is full on. My bet is the last owner did nothing when it was empty and out of frustration the neighbours started cutting it themselves. Now they don't know what you are like so are afraid to stop. Ask around and find out who is doing it and thank them.

So I guess you're not on board with the All Ireland Pollinator Plan.

You may get a surprise when the council doesn't cut until very late next summer.

All Ireland Pollinator plan. Jaysus they’ve a lot to be at.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

Esel wrote: »
    Be ploughing your wife next...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IF-o32452A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My neighbour used to mow the grass for me (it's a 15/20ft triangle of grass) when he was doing his own and would never take a cent for it - total gentleman (especially as I'm renting and don't have a shed - or back garden to put it in! It's an end of terrace house that might as well be an apartment)

He's since moved :( so I had to bite the bullet and buy a small hover mower that lives in its box in the kitchen. Only takes about 20 minutes to do though.

Advertisement