Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

who would be in your supergroup of arseholes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭dasdog

Ginger Baker (Drums)
    Watch the documentary "Beware of Mr Baker" to see he what an absolute arse he was to the end. Everyone hated him. A proper genius and one of the greatest drummers of any genre.

Dave Mustaine (Guitar)
    An egotistical self centered narcissist scarred from his early days in Metallica. A brilliant lyricist, songwriter and guitarist and junkie until he found God.

Gene Simmons (Bass)
    The cvnt oozes annoyance. Kiss were shyte - a boy band of 1970's rock. And he was central to their bollocks. All about money and he was unashamed of that.

Miles Davis (Trumpet)
    A misogynistic wife beater. One of the greatest musicians/artists that has ever lived and his work will last centuries. Because it's genius. But he was difficult by all accounts and had a long track record.

Bryan Ferry (Vocal)
    To quote the great Lester Bangs - "A vacuumous human being". He went and married his sons ex who was 30 odd years his junior not long ago.

I'd have that lot produced by Phil Spektor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

nullzero wrote: »
    Jesus I forgot about that scumbag from that band the lost prophets, him and Gary Glitter would be some duo.

Why would you put Jesus in with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

I like the Arctic Monkeys but while never able to put my finger on why I have a dislike of Alex Turner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

tdf7187 wrote: »
    That would change my assessment. I know Sinead O'C vaguely for reasons I won't get into on here, and yes, I like her music so probably am somewhat biased in her favour, but you're certainly right that mental health issues shouldn't be used to excuse that kind of behaviour, if what you say is correct.

The story seems to have gone away, its been taken down off the internet. It did happen in the last two years and she made a statement to the guards. She is a liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

dasdog wrote: »
    Ginger Baker (Drums)
    Watch the documentary "Beware of Mr Baker" to see he what an absolute arse he was to the end. Everyone hated him. A proper genius and one of the greatest drummers of any genre.

indeed, he even fcuked off with the cash after a gig with his son leaving him with fcukall, still his duet with the late great Tony Allen on "Fela With Ginger Baker Live!" is just drumming at its best

but he definitely deserves a mention on the arsehole supergroup, but then again he was more a prick than arsehole

that arsehole accolade is reserved for Damon Albarn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Do Muslims count? Hahaha

Does Count Von Count from Sesame Street count?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,779 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

lickalot wrote: »
    Looked up an interview with Damon albarn.

What am absolute twat.

From his Blur days to now in his Gorillaz days is the biggest ego transformation I've ever seen.

I never remember him as being very likable or likable at all for that matter. Blur have some very good songs but there is something rather punchable and disingenuous about him, that’s before you struggle with serious volumes of pretension.

Billy Corgan - Love the Smashing Pumpkins and he has written some amazing songs....but he is undeniably a dickhead of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

Terry pain in the hole Prone and her obnoxious flute of a son...can't think of his name. What a tosspot. Pretentios accent, know it all, prize budgeen, white power hosed teeth, I'd say he has a tiny budgeen, sincer as a prostitutes kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Roy keane is kinda full of sh*t. His barbed comments can be funny, but there is always a nasty element to them also. He is also a total hypocrite and is often guilty of exactly the thing he is jibing about. He is just one of these that doesnt want to give anyone credit.
    The reality of it is alex ferguson kinda clocked him for what he was, got as much as he could out of him, and then cut him loose before he inevitably got troublesome. That is the real reason why keane hates ferguson - he realises he was kinda outfoxed, and it kills him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

xieann wrote: »
    Brendan O'Connor, Ray Darcy & Saturday View

Brendan on screechy vocals, Ray on worn out electric guitar, the Saturday view on that cheezy organ like they have on rte license advert.

Singles include:

beautiful whataboutery
    what colour is your mask?

Don't let Darcy near the mixing desk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Ivan Yates (condescending wanker living handsomly at the expense of tax payers).

Conor McGregor (feral scum with money).

Jack Grealish (see above).

Bill Cullen (smarmy prick).

Eoghan McDermott (where do you start with him..).

Des Cahill (imcompetent buffoon).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Paul Brady.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Courtney Love

I mean his dad did try to bury him alive in the back yard when he was a kid so there may have been some blowback from that.

It is amazing how that guy managed to stay out of prison or the mental health system.
    It's also amazing that netflix or somebody hasn't done a documentary about him yet. Total head-the-ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You can really get away with being a total piece of **** as long as you're talented and/or wealthy. So conflicted about humans lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

I’ve had it in for the Happy Pear twins ever since one of them said eating vegetables prevents cancer. Urge to kill... rising. A healthy lifestyle lowers risk but I know so many people with exemplary lifestyles who are dying from cancer so that claim made me legitimately angry. So goddamn pious and smug.

I am perversely inspired to see the lack of love for the Happy Pears. A friend has one of their cookbooks and when I am over I usually take down the book for a quick flick through just to once again go Bawhawhaw! look at the actual state of these two gobdaws. They just bring out my badness. Some of their cake recipes are really good though. Sadly :(

Billy Corgan - Love the Smashing Pumpkins and he has written some amazing songs....but he is undeniably a dickhead of the highest order.

He and Courtney Love were an item too.
    Imagine going on a double date with that pair.

Let me see.

A rather unfair collection because I don't know who the individuals actually are, but every person who refers to themself on social media or otherwise as "she/her" "him/his.
    Emma Watson
    Beyonce
    Another sweeping generalisation; "Influencer" Instagram types.
    Laura Whitmore
    The Happy Pear gobshìtes
    Imelda May
    Ray Darcy
    The two eejits from normal People.

That's enough hate for one day. Back to sleep I go.

I use to be obsessed with The Pumpkins. Is he really a dickhead ? :(

• Advertisement

Persepoly wrote: »
    I use to be obsessed with The Pumpkins. Is he really a dickhead ? :(
    Times a thousand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Persepoly wrote: »
    Let me see.

A rather unfair collection because I don't know who the individuals actually are, but every person who refers to themself on social media or otherwise as "she/her" "him/his.
    Emma Watson
    Beyonce
    Another sweeping generalisation; "Influencer" Instagram types.
    Laura Whitmore
    The Happy Pear gobshìtes
    Imelda May
    Ray Darcy
    The two eejits from normal People.

That's enough hate for one day. Back to sleep I go.

Why Emma Watson? I don't particularly like her or anything, just curious.

Saddened to see Sinead O'Connor and Pete Doherty mentioned here.

I don't have a "list" but any list of mine would only mention those as giants. I don't care whether they are arseholes or not, their music can speak for itself.

Ray D'arcy is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gmisk wrote: »
    Phil Coulter a total knob in person.

Oh and maybe Cilla Black....she was meant to be a right wagon.

Coulter always name dropping and boasting. Couldn’t take to him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tubridy, Ciara Kelly and Miriam O’ Callaghan from radio and tv. All so pretentious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Jeff from Peep Show
    Cheese from The Wire
    Finchey from The Office
    The 'Go Compare' fucker.
    Sue from Sooty (and Sweep).

Now you're just picking famous people who are arseholes and that thread's been done.

This is about a supergroup of arseholes so I'd imagine it would be the sole reserve of musicians and vocalists who are arseholes.

I would add

Ted Nugent (absolute turd)
    Madonna (c*nt)
    Dave Lee Roth
    Gene Simmons
    Lars Ulrich
    Kid Rock
    McCartney
    Britney Spears
    Sebastian Bach

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Surely, it should musicians in a "Supergroup", no?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Our new coalition party leaders is all the arsehole supergroup we need.

Mick ‘Scarecrow’ Wallace

Claire ‘nationalize Dell’ Daily

Ruth ‘ex-TD’ Coppinger

Ivana ‘bat**** crazy’ Bacik

Didn't know they were musicians.

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    Imagine he started that craic with somebody in O'Donoghues Bar back in the day, he’d end up wearing pints.

And they's be pints of urine, not beer.

Advertisement