Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awards Season 2020

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I prefer Scarlett’s ‘afters’ dress to her ceremony dress. Both Oscar Dela Renta.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Y3RoXAe9N/?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

meeeeh wrote: »
    Ronan and Eviro are my favourites. I like it when risks are taken.

Zellweger also looked well in typically restrained Armani.

With the hair, I felt the rings and earrings were too much on Eviro, the dress was fab on her

Salma Hayek ages very well, looked stunning

I thought Keanu Reeves and Antonio Banderas looked good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

OMG ADELE! That waist!

Rebel Wilson looked like an Oscar but stunning in that dress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Addle wrote: »
    I prefer Scarlett’s ‘afters’ dress to her ceremony dress. Both Oscar Dela Renta.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Y3RoXAe9N/?hl=en

Over the years I have often found that the Vanity Fair Party ('afters') outfits are often as nice if not nicer than the red carpet looks... however sometimes, they can be a complete miss the mark (case in point, see Emily Ratajkowski's 'outfit' for this year :confused: )

Some of the VF party outfits that caught my eye :)

Eliza Gonzalez

24534964-7985641-Mellow_Eiza_Gonzalez_wore_a_unique_halter_neck_gown_in_a_mustard-a-134_1581328819773.jpg

Alessandra Ambrosio (very 80's prom queen, but I kinda dig it)

24541184-7985641-Eye_catching_Alessandra_Ambrosio_was_hard_to_miss_in_her_hot_pin-a-6_1581339744191.jpg

Florence Pugh

Florence-Pugh-at-2020-Vanity-Fair-Oscars-Afterparty.jpg

And I even surprised myself with this one :pac: ...but I really liked the dramatic silhouette of Kylie Jenners' dress..

Ralph-Russo-x-Kylie-Jenner-Vanity-Fair-Oscars-Party-10.02.2020-732x1024.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

???

So Florance Pugh had a classic, statuesque gold dress for the same night and she wore that blue prom monstrosity to the actual Oscars?

WWST?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I absolutely hate Jenner's look. Also her and Eliza Gonzales look the same due to all the fillers. The Kardashian clone look that seems to be everywhere is boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

SozBbz wrote: »
    ???

So Florance Pugh had a classic, statuesque gold dress for the same night and she wore that blue prom monstrosity to the actual Oscars?

WWST?

I much preferred the prom dress, tbh. It was very cute and complimented her short stature very well. The gold dress is pretty dull.

"Virtual Emmys", will anyone make an effort

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    Zandaya dressed up! The purple dress is incredible!

I love her style - she never puts a foot wrong :) Her (polka-dot) dress, hair and makeup for the virtual ceremony was unreal :cool:

Two beautiful dresses from Kerry Washington (I'm unable to find full length shots)
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F20%2F2020%2F09%2F21%2Fkerry-washington-5.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

They have the same stylist, he's certainly earned his fee! So few people got dressed up so these ladies are getting all the shares and column inches. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

0c0dbe50-fbae-11ea-ab7b-16c55aa490aa.jpg
    I wouldn't usually like this colour but I think the dress is lovely on Robin Thede.I love seeing the glamour these days.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F14%2F2020%2F09%2F21%2F2-Laverne-Cox-2020_Sequoia-Emmanuelle_0443-1-2-2000.jpg
    Laverne Cox wen a bit different this year.She's usually one to flash the flesh. You cant see it in this photo but the hieroglyphic lace that she as on the arms goes down the legs too like a bodysuit.

I thought the cast of Schitt's Creek (the Rose family) with the exception of Annie Murphy(to an extent) looked like stuff the characters would wear.

p001553ca-500.png
    Dan-Levy-Schitts-Creek-Emmy-Awards-2020-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Valentino-Thom-Browne-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-2.jpg

Advertisement