Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argentinian Police Seize 400KG of Cocaine in Russian Embassy

• 23-02-2018 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭

Holy sweet jaysus that's some haul!

http://www.thejournal.ie/argentina-cocaine-3867152-Feb2018/
    POLICE HAVE SEIZED nearly 400 kilos of cocaine from the Russian embassy in Buenos Aires and arrested several members of a drug trafficking gang, Argentina’s security minister announced.

Patricia Bullrich told a press conference that the drugs discovered in an annex of the embassy had a street value of around $50 million.

“A gang of narco-criminals was trying to use the diplomatic courier service of the Russian embassy to ship the drugs to Europe,” she said.

She told reporters that Russian and Argentine police had decided to mount a sting operation after the Russian ambassador informed them of the drugs find in December 2016.

“The cocaine was replace by flour and monitoring devices were placed to monitor delivery” of the 16 bags of the drug, Bullrich said. She said the sting had resulted in the arrest of five suspects — two in Argentina and three in Russia.

Has anyone seen Maradona in the last few days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I'd say the Argentinian police had one hell of a pahdee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'd say the Argentinian police had one hell of a pahdee
    Would be interesting to see if anyone had developed a perfectly rectangular beer gut like the viral picture of that policeman a few months ago. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The Argies must think Russia have a chance at winning the world cup, they found drugs in a wing in 1978 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Pfff… that’s nothing. Back before Christmas a former school mate of mine, Joshua Smith, got arrested with 7 others off the West Australian coast, near Geraldton, trying to smuggle 1.2 tonnes of meth valued at 1 Billion dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The documentary will be out on Netflix tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I would love to see the logistics involved in getting this to the embassy and then getting it out of the country. 400kg is not exactly a small amount to move around and somehow get on a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can't have a coke story without a hooker. 114AE06D00000514-3907424-The_imposing_character_has_recovered_from_a_number_of_serious_in-m-58_1478308877256.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

jester77 wrote: »
    I would love to see the logistics involved in getting this to the embassy and then getting it out of the country. 400kg is not exactly a small amount to move around and somehow get on a flight.

Sent in diplomatic bags, which is immune from search and seizure, i’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The dilemma is always thus - Attractive Argentian, but where they hiding the drugs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

New series of Narcos on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Good idea in fairness. I wonder who tipped off the police.

Hopefully no harm befalls the stool pigeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mad muffin wrote: »
    Pfff… that’s nothing. Back before Christmas a former school mate of mine, Joshua Smith, got arrested with 7 others off the West Australian coast, near Geraldton, trying to smuggle 1.2 tonnes of meth valued at 1 Billion dollars.

they seem to be mad for meth down under.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Good idea in fairness. I wonder who tipped off the police.

Hopefully no harm befalls the stool pigeon.

it was the ambassador who tipped off the police. Probably wasnt getting his cut.

Advertisement