Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSI Powers

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

one quick story i will share before i go to bed...my most recent experience (as i call them)
    Saturday night I went to my friends pub. I was sitting alone as usual and this man walks up to the stool next to mine to order a drink and while waiting for the bartender he stares at me...I was not looking at him I was stareing straight ahead and saw him watching me. As this was happening I had a clear vision of him beating the woman he was with in a drunken stooper.

He walked away and my friend the bar owner sits down, i ask her about the man, she tells me they came in to the bar 2 weeks ago and she was beaten up, bruised. and found out the man beat her up one night after they had been out drinking.

I have these visions on many occasions, its scary sometimes...I see things I dont want to see and know things about people I shouldnt know...incriminating things sometimes.

My visions happen in my dreams as well, but usually fortell of the furture...events playing out exactly as I had seen them

will share more if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,892 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Can someone post info on Hatha, Raja yoga? Would PM someone, but not sure who to PM with regards to each. Had a few experiences as a kid, once tracked down the location of a buried body. Didn't dig it up or anything, but told my friends I sensed someone buried in the ground beneath my feet. A few weeks later gardai uncovered the body in that exact location while searching the forest. In a different area of that same forest, I once felt a powerful urge to drag my parents into a specific part of it, there we found some guy trapped in an overturned car. Used to always get weird vibes off that place, and used always feel more alert/in tune after playing there.

In recent years, have had a few "preminition" dreams. Sometimes I just "know" things. Tried meditation and that seemed to improve my ability to sense things, but not signifigantly. I've noticed I can't seem to conciously control when I sense something it just happens. I also notice my heart seems to jump and my thoughts suddenly become locked in loop several seconds before it happens. That's how I usually distinguish an actual experience from just coincidence/chance. Like the other week I was walking through the shopping centre, and my thoughts became locked thinking about accidentally bumping into a familiar person, then they became locked on a specific point at the top of an escalator. On arriving at that point, my heart rate started to increase and then I heard someone call my name when I reached it. (and in case you're wondering the ending, yes it was someone I knew calling me :) ).

By the way, has anyone noticed a very strong vibe off Farran Woods in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Stark, I've been practicing Hatha yoga for a good long time now so please do pm me if you would like to discuss that topic. Since you are already somewhat psychically aware I could recommend lucid dreaming and astral projection, I can point you in the right direction for learning more.

Best Regards,

Nick

PS: I'm in Cork so I'll check out those woods, funnily enough I was thinking of visiting them last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Wierd coincidences.... Gotta love 'em ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I dont beleive in most of this stuff... However i do seem to see things happen before they do sometimes. Most recently i woke up one morning and for some reason i knocked everything down i touched. Toothpaste, eye drops etc.. i was VERY clumsy.. i go out to the car and a neighbours cat is there. Its black and white.. i love cats so i go pet the kitty for a few mins.. Then i think i hope she goes soon i dont want to knock her down and i had this image of me hitting a dark cat. Anyway she wanders off home so i get in the car and a few mins later a black cat runs in front of me. Im glad i have good reflexes :D i missed the cat. Anyway i took a deep breath and went on reminding myself that i dont believe in crap like this.

Also a few months back i was driving to a site to fix a computer. There was a garda on beat. He was actually a fair bit away from my destination but i had this image of me parking my car and getting a ticket.. anyway i was only going in for a few mins dropping off a PC, i come out and there is a bloody ticket on my windscreen.

Years ago when i was a learner driver.. you know the N4 past Chapelizod near a foot bridge and just before Ballyfermot exit? Sometimes Police have speed traps there.. anyway one morning i was speeding.. its 50 i was doing over 60.. i just knew there was going to be a speed trap.. i did not listen to myself and got clocked doing 67. I did not speed again for years and never there at that point even now.

I know there are other times too. My mom gets the odd one too. Like when i was a kid and my brother was still in a pram (i would have been 3 or 4). We were in Bewlies in Henry street and she was in the toilet, they were upstairs if you remember. Anyway she just had this image of me pushing my brother down the stairs :D She ran out and got me just in time lol I was not trying to kill him as far as i know just bring him for a walk down the stairs but i doubt i would have been strong enough to hold the weight down the stairs :D

Make of this what you will, i can dismiss it as Probability. Everything i listed when you think about it had a very high probability of happening and i just thought of it before it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I really don't think there is anything supernatural about the supernatural. In fact it's quite natural, just outside the current definitions of what can be classified as normal percetion. Our current perceptions are defined by current physics, but physics is not definitve in itself, it doesn't provide us with all the answers yet. We have limited knowledge of the complexity of the brain and the anomoly that is the mind. Nothing is clear cut...no matter what anybody might like to tell you.
    ...I suppose if we look at what really matters, in any area of life, people really only believe what they want to know to be true. (I know is really I believe with delusions of grandeur)..
    There is a hell of a lot more information to proove the existance of, than there is to deny psi related ability. (trusting your intuition) some people just appreciate the qualities of probability and coincidence in an aesthic sense and others are more mechanically minded and don't place any value in these areas.
    Unless they're looking for the winner in the 4.00 at epsom.

People like James randi offer a million dollars to anyone who can provide proof of these abilities, but his conditions are made to suit his own requirements and can never be accomplished because of the limits he imposes. (everything within certain parametres) james randi could have a clear concise reading, but as it wouldn't fall under his lines of what is definitive evidence, it goes without any regard for the facts he may have just recieved.
    ie:James your wearing your grandfathers underpants during this reading...right?
    James: yes..but you could have gathered that information by noting a visible panty line, which does not look like a contemporary pair and deduced they were incompatible with what a man like myself might wear and figured I must have put on my grandfathers old pair that had been lying in my drawer because I had run out of clean ones this morning.
    ..and reduce this information to what is referred to as cold reading. (chancing your arm)
    I'm sure much of what we consider psi related could well be interpreted as probability, coincidence or synchronicity, I'm not arguing that point at all in fact this is exactly what psi is..its just trusting those laws to produce outcomes, which evidently turn out to be correct....nothing supernatural about that.
    (Unless your horse who was a complete outsider comes in at 50-1 in the 4.00 at epsom, because all the other horses fell over at the starting line)
    But it makes for good tv.
    Derren Browne. 10.30, monday night C4..live seance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

i also think its an innate thing with humans. i mean almost everyone could give one example where something like that happened to them. witrh me its just little things. like yesterday i was stocking one of the shelves in work and i started humming "we didnt start the fire" by billy joel and then almost straight away it came on the radio. this happens quite often. i dont think im in anyway psychic, i just think that everyone can do it and some are more in tune with it than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

Advertisement