Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Rathborne, Ashtown, Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Trying to get my head around where this actually is positioned. Unless it's South of Rathborne Ave I think it's a bit of stretch having Rathborne in the name

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Casa2

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Trying to get my head around where this actually is positioned. Unless it's South of Rathborne Ave I think it's a bit of stretch having Rathborne in the name

It is between Rathborne and Royal Canal Park. If you pass in front you will see a big sign already. In front of the Crescent Park.

I am hoping someone have the plan so they can post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

If it's that site go to Dublin City council planning and search for reference 3604/12 and there's a site plan and details. The quality of the document scans isn't great but you'll get a good idea of the development.

The brochure and details of which houses are for sale is finally up on rathbornepark.ie

People queuing since Wednesday for these..agent didn't expect it so started giving people who showed up to the sales office a ticket number for the launch. Anybody showing up bright and early tomorrow is going to be under the false illusion there somewhere near the top when in actual fact they probably aren't at all. Poor showing from Savills not sending that info out to people interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Casa2

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    People queuing since Wednesday for these..agent didn't expect it so started giving people who showed up to the sales office a ticket number for the launch. Anybody showing up bright and early tomorrow is going to be under the false illusion there somewhere near the top when in actual fact they probably aren't at all. Poor showing from Savills not sending that info out to people interested.

Hi Mayo,

Really that they had a queue? That is crazy I was going to show up there but gave up thinking that they may open another day. Anyway the development is exactly 10 minutes walking from the train station so I don't think people will be disappointed. Also we have a park in front of our states with playground and it is very hand to cross the road and bring the kids to play. I just think those houses will be really small by the measure from Daft. Some apartments are apt 92m2 and 3Bed house are only 102m2. it is 10m2 smaller than a three bedroom house in their plans. It make no sense to me.:confused:

Casa2 wrote:
    3Bed house are only 102m2. it is 10m2 smaller than a three bedroom house in their plans. It make no sense to me.

Standard enough size these days. Same size as their development in Aderlie in Lucan little smaller than Adamstown. Both sold out. Granted Rathborne are a little pricer but sure that's due to the better location..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Hi,

I purchased one of the 3 bed house type 4s at their latest release. Has anyone else heard anything in regards to when further information will be released on the how the different house types will look and the specs?

On looking at the council application i can see that only house type 1 has an adaptable loft conversion and house types 4 & 5 are built for an extension of 10 sq mtrs (without a need to move the kitchen that is). All of which would have been handy information to have known before we put the deposit on the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭elainers

Savill's said they are compiling a list of queries from the developer. Not sure how fast this will come back though as I've been told info will be released before and no sign. Key to keep pressure up I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nmeg

I just bought a house here myself. I have no info other that we waiting for contracts. If anyone hears anything, please share. I know we did ask the estate agent Q's about kitchens etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 toberlion

We have also put a downpayment on a Type 1.

We've been told by Savills that our solicitor should be issued with a Sales Advice Note by early next week.

We've asked for a proper set of dimensioned drawings, but yet to receive them.

As far as I know, most of the brochures are for illustrative purposes only so the best guide is apparently the planning permission document. Think it's the attached as that's the only one I've seen with internal layout details on the council website.

elainers wrote: »
    As far as I know, most of the brochures are for illustrative purposes only so the best guide is apparently the planning permission document. Think it's the attached as that's the only one I've seen with internal layout details on the council website.

Attached now hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 toberlion

Yeah I saw that one alright. No type 1 mentioned in it though.

toberlion wrote: »

None of the numbering corresponds to the brochure. But if you look at the bottom of each page, they show the site layout with that house type shaded in black.

So just find where your house is located on the site and that will be the type for that plot.

Obviously it's only the type pending feedback from the council which may have been incorporated since. But I can't see other layout documents up so guessing that's the only thing to reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheSpinmaster

toberlion wrote: »

There's another document on the planning docs that shows the type 1s. I'll try to find it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elendil88

There's another document on the planning docs that shows the type 1s. I'll try to find it later.

dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00389709.pdf has Type 1 details (Option A/B is the other way around)

Anybody else buy a house type 6?

elainers wrote:
    Anybody else buy a house type 6?

Hey yeah a relative of mine has bought this type house, the one with the garage right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suci2016

Anyone’s solicitors get contracts yet? We were told they would be sent out this week. Very limited information still on the development. Nothing happening on site although I’ve seen Ballymore site (Camden Avenue) adjacent to Rathborne Park with a bit of activity, they’ve closed off part of the car park, and added some additional fencing so hopefully Catlethorn will start shortly.

• Advertisement

That's a bit worrying that no building has started - Savill's originally mentioned this week as the start of construction. My solicitor hasn't received anything yet. 

On the garage, the size on the plans look a little small for a car but maybe that's my non expert eye looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rapscallion1

That's a bit worrying that no building has started - Savill's originally mentioned this week as the start of construction. My solicitor hasn't received anything yet. 

Would it be normal for building to start before contracts are signed and deposits are in? I don't know anything about construction but wouldn't be worried if building hasn't started if we haven't even gotten contracts yet. Savill's said April as the completion date but I think it's safe to assume June-ish with the usual delays.

Would it be normal for building to start before contracts are signed and deposits are in? I don't know anything about construction but wouldn't be worried if building hasn't started if we haven't even gotten contracts yet. Savill's said April as the completion date but I think it's safe to assume June-ish with the usual delays.

Be more realistic to expect to be in before next September to be honest. Not a peep at the site yet which will take some effort clearing. Full grown trees and all sorts in there from what I saw. There timber framed homes though so that might reduce the build time I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Price doesn't seem to reflect they are timber frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elendil88

suci2016 wrote: »
    Anyone’s solicitors get contracts yet? We were told they would be sent out this week. Very limited information still on the development. Nothing happening on site although I’ve seen Ballymore site (Camden Avenue) adjacent to Rathborne Park with a bit of activity, they’ve closed off part of the car park, and added some additional fencing so hopefully Catlethorn will start shortly.
    We were told that the contracts will go out to solicitors beginning of next week.

I'm not sure how normal it is to buy off plans if I'm honest. The longer they are building the more risk to the buyer so I hope they get them started and finished asap.

I'm not sure how normal it is to buy off plans if I'm honest. The longer they are building the more risk to the buyer so I hope they get them started and finished asap.

I was told that the contracts would be out early next week, then again I was told they would be out early this week (and last haha).

Savills told me that they are due to start construction early October and finish in May 2018, however as mentioned above and looking at comments in the Royal Canal Park thread it safe to say that it'll be closer to late July/early August by the time snagging is complete and keys are handed over.

mikehene wrote: »

I was told that the contracts would be out early next week, then again I was told they would be out early this week (and last haha).

Savills told me that they are due to start construction early October and finish in May 2018, however as mentioned above and looking at comments in the Royal Canal Park thread it safe to say that it'll be closer to late July/early August by the time snagging is complete and keys are handed over.
    Oh I'm under no illusions that they'll finish on time. Sure the official planned completion date for my house set by Castlethorn is March but Savills have already said June is more likely. But actually starting the build on time means completion will be less delayed which means less risk for me. So I am concerned that they haven't started yet as scheduled. 
    I'm also concerned that from what I've read other Castlethorn developments promise completion within any time from two years of contract signing (that is a long time), that there's no construction drawings available yet bar what's on the DCC website and that there apparently is no guarantees given re size or layout in the contracts. Hopefully the contracts come soon and allay some of the fears.

Oh I'm under no illusions that they'll finish on time. Sure the official planned completion date for my house set by Castlethorn is March but Savills have already said June is more likely. But actually starting the build on time means completion will be less delayed which means less risk for me. So I am concerned that they haven't started yet as scheduled. 
    I'm also concerned that from what I've read other Castlethorn developments promise completion within any time from two years of contract signing (that is a long time), that there's no construction drawings available yet bar what's on the DCC website and that there apparently is no guarantees given re size or layout in the contracts. Hopefully the contracts come soon and allay some of the fears.

I was under the impression that all houses in phase 1 would be completed at the same but it makes sense that some would be completed before others. I'm surprised there is such a big gap between what Savills is telling individuals.

What house number are you? We are 13 Rathborne View, just wondering if they are organising completion by house type first or by road.

• Advertisement

One question I would have if buying us about the expiration of the planning permission.

Planning was granted in mid 2013 and to my understanding expires after 5 years which would mean mid 2018. I believe they can apply for extensions to that and that only substantial completion by that date is required but I'd want clarification before signing.

Advertisement