Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Looking forward to hearing about Niyi Adeolokun. Very dangerous carrier from my understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

its_phil wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing about Niyi Adeolokun. Very dangerous carrier from my understanding.

Never come across him, can you give a bit of background?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

freyners wrote: »

Playing for Trinity. Pace to burn and has a lovely inside step. There's a highlights feel on YouTube about 9 minutes long if you look. The Times linked us with him in their Colours preview.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Is he the American chap but has reasonable residency here?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

had been in school in dls churchtown. don't know if he played much/any representative rugby
    Robbo wrote: »
    Is he the American chap but has reasonable residency here?
    He had been in school in Ireland but don't know if he's American or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Its something lam ran earlier in the year, fielding two 7s. Seems to be a tactic he likes

I'd say Pat is just gorging on fact he finally has some recognised 7's available too him:D

Surprised Paratta not starting at 13 - don't know much about Harimate.

Happy for Blade get a run, heard alot of exciting things about him.

Was half expecting Finn and Layden to make break through into senior squad this season, with no Duffy or Tonetti next season you'd be hoping they can make step up.

All I know about Adeolokun is "PACE" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

wprathead wrote: »
    I'd say Pat is just gorging on fact he finally has some recognised 7's available too him:D

Surprised Paratta not starting at 13 - don't know much about Harimate.

Happy for Blade get a run, heard alot of exciting things about him.

Was half expecting Finn and Layden to make break through into senior squad this season, with no Duffy or Tonetti next season you'd be hoping they can make step up.

All I know about Adeolokun is "PACE" :pac:

Is Duffy retiring?

hermano wrote: »
    Is Duffy retiring?

afaik his contract is up end of season and hasn't been renewed so far... his performances this year has warranted a new one if im honest - which I know is harsh considering all he has done for the province

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭b.gud

afaik his contract is up end of season and hasn't been renewed so far... his performances this year has warranted a new one if im honest - which I know is harsh considering all he has done for the province

Do you reckon the club management will be ruthless enough to not renew, or will it be a case of "sure hasn't he been great for us over the years we'll keep him around for another year"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Perhaps some kind of pay-per-game thing might suit, isn't he coaching in Wegians?

• Advertisement

not sure tbh.. considering we in dept we mightn't be able afford to be too sentimental..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If Duffy doesn't return next season is it just Leader and TOH at full back, assuming Henshaw moves to centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

CatFromHue wrote: »
    If Duffy doesn't return next season is it just Leader and TOH at full back, assuming Henshaw moves to centre.

Duffy has been a great servant of connacht and will be missed.

the worry is henshaw could be snapped up by munster or leinster hopefully

for the sack of rugby in the west it won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭b.gud

CatFromHue wrote: »

Ya but based on current look of things he is the third choice and seeing as our academy seems to have been doing a good job of churning out backs we might be ok. Plus haven't we been looking for a utility back to replace So'oialo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

b.gud wrote: »
    Ya but based on current look of things he is the third choice and seeing as our academy seems to have been doing a good job of churning out backs we might be ok. Plus haven't we been looking for a utility back to replace So'oialo?

both toh and darragh are capable full backs. if worst comes to worst Robbie can move to the full back position. which suggests that cover in the centre is more critical next season than signing a new full back. Gavin has been a great servant but full back is not a critical area for a new signing in the new season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭connachta

b.gud wrote: »

Why not Peter Laydon who was very good for stade français tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

connachta wrote: »
    Why not Peter Laydon who was very good for stade français tonight?

if you want utillity players we have poolman as centre or wing, you have Healy as sh. we have cover everywhere except dedicated centre. will miss griffin. while many negative comments against him vs scarlets thought he tackled so well. our pack sucked and left our centres defenceless. thought 9 to 15 we did our best to cover an appalling front line.

For those watching the munster match we are routing ensei, 28-0 at the moment

For those watching the munster match we are routing ensei, 28-0 at the moment

Any stand outs Frey?

Any stand outs Frey?

Not here, watching munster in a classroom in UL. Friend says Finn is playing well

• Advertisement

Qualter intercept and canters in , 35 - 0

Poolman and Harimate stroll in, 47-0

Bloody hell, makes a change from the usual hard time we get from these lads.

I got a text from a mate who's there and he says that Brett is doing waterboy, neckbrace and all, which shows what a gent and a pro he is. Also, Nihi on the wing is making some nice breaks.

Ends 54-21, Poolman Finn and Adeolokun pick of the backs apparently. Blade looks good at SH too, step above POD and Murphy according to my mate.

Faloon returning was also a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

How would one go about getting tickets for Connacht? Ive called out to the sportsground a few times but everything was all shut. Do any shops around the city do tickets?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

How would one go about getting tickets for Connacht? Ive called out to the sportsground a few times but everything was all shut. Do any shops around the city do tickets?

I would imagine that you click on the below link and buy online

http://connachtrugby.tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

surprisingly enough, buying online is not a viable option in this case :(

The office is usually open weekdays during office hours. Granted once or twice I've gone there during lunchtime and had to go looking for a person, but I was able to find a cooperative soul. It's over on the Clan Terrace side of the ground.

Otherwise, I think there's a deal in place with Centra and Supervalu but I'm not sure of the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

The student union in NUIG also sell tickets if you're based there. At a discount usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

Ulster confirm Afoa, Best, Pienaar, Tuohy, Wilson and Trimble are out for this week's game against us.

Advertisement