Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

athtrasna wrote: »
    Me too! And hope we don't encounter Sarries or Toulon along the way ;)

There a sale on in the children's section alright, you're sorted!
    ;)

The training top is a little disconcerting.... It's a bit too Leinster /Dublin gaa for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Picked the away jersey up in Dundrum shopping centre. Only a handful of the away jerseys on display. It's a nice shirt alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I saw it today in Elverys. Sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I saw it today in Elverys. Sick.

I hope you feel better soon !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I hope the MRSC have a 20% voucher again this year. If they do I'll be buying the away shirt.
    yeah hope they do, 70 is a bit steep for a jersey and you cant beat the temptation of getting a new polo shirt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Interesting piece in the examiner http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/johne-murphy-ready-for-life-after-munster-as-french-club-hovers-344952.html
    But in short :
    • Gerry Hurley (played with us last year for a bit) is now headed for Federale 1 side Rugby Olympique de Grasse
    • Barry O’Mahony has been forced to retire
    • Johnny Murphy considering offers inside and outside rugby so doesn't look like the year spent on the bench has impressed too many clubs..
    • Ivan Dineen looks ot be possibly leaving rugby altogether

Grasse is just north of Cannes. I'm sure that's a great spot!

Felt sure Dineen would get a contract easily enough, surprised at that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Advertisement

That's brilliant news in fairness, he'll get a proper preseason with them all which is vitally important, Tyler B should also hit the ground running, lookin forward to the start of the season now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jimmymcelroy

Will he be living in Limerick with the impending full time relocation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

Will he be living in Limerick with the impending full time relocation?

yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Jordan Coghlan is packing down on the flank in the pre-season snaps so I think it's safe to conclude he isn't coming over as a centre. Thanks be to god.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭phog

Paulie Unplugged WTV gives her account of the Q&A with POC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Wang King wrote: »
    Felt sure Dineen would get a contract easily enough, surprised at that

Really? Dineen was pretty average. Dad being a Munster folk hero got him pretty far. The leaked spreadsheet wasn't too complimentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Really? Dineen was pretty average. Dad being a Munster folk hero got him pretty far. The leaked spreadsheet wasn't too complimentary.

I was always impressed with Dineen whenever he played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

FrannoFan wrote: »

Fair enough on the leaked spreadsheet comment, but to say that he got far because of his Dad is not fair. No matter where you come from or who your Dad is everyone should be judged on performances.

I am sure that being the son of a legend will bring its own pressures and expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Am I missing something? Who's his dad? It's not Len.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I though Dineen was decent and looked to be improving the more I saw him. Strange he's considering leaving rugby altogether.
    Although I've seen a few ex rugby names appearing in some big 4 companies in starter roles recently enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Buer wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Who's his dad? It's not Len.

I don't think you are. A bit of internet searching reveals he's from a GAA backround and his Dad didn't play rugby. I reckon Frannofan is thinking of someone else.

Dineen was good in his appearances last season but he's been out injured a lot and at 28 isn't a young option anymore. I doubt the contracts offered to him are very lucrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Dineen is possibly too old to improve a lot but the likes of John Hayes & Donnacha Ryan were late bloomers too.

I rated him, but two management teams clearly didn't. Maybe he was just better in matches than he was in training or something, because he looked quite capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I don't think you are. A bit of internet searching reveals he's from a GAA backround and his Dad didn't play rugby. I reckon Frannofan is thinking of someone else.

Thought so. Len is Limerick through and through while Ivan is Cork born and bred. They share a surname and nothing else to my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭phog

Dineen was good in his appearances last season but he's been out injured a lot and at 28 isn't a young option anymore. I doubt the contracts offered to him are very lucrative.

Dineen missed the bones of two season with knee injuries.

His game v Sale last season showed what he's capable of.

Dineen is a good player, he should have a contract on rugby ability, if not at Munster, then somewhere else, England or maybe D2.
    Perhaps he's lost his hunger for the game?

Just re-read the examiner piece, didn't see he had completed his masters in economics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Never saw much positive in Dineen, while eager at times his overall game is poor particularly when in a defensive situation. Always seemed to leave a gap

Saili just after tweeting he's happy after his first Munster training session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hendo12

Who are Munster bringing in at 2nd row

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement