Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

• 03-10-2020 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The above delivery service was launched on 1 October. Has anyone got a delivery from them yet?

An item I am waiting on shipped yesterday at 4pm and I’m told it will be delivered today by 9pm. However, I’m feeling a little cynical it will be delivered today.
    Post edited by whiterebel on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Bought an item from Amazon UK for 30 Euro.

Received it and just didn't like it, so went to amazon website to do the return/refund.

When I did this, I got this message:

"There's no need to return your item. Your refund has been issued "

does this seem strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It depends on the item tbh. If the seller can't resell it, it is just a hassle to get it sent back and process it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Received it and just didn't like it, so went to amazon website to do the return/refund.

does this seem strange?

its a postage thing, if the cost of a courier or posting it back is equal or around about near the cost of the item you get to keep it, happens all the time with books and dvds etc.

ive seen them let someone keep a TV (the combi ones with a dvd player) because there was a pixel damaged in a corner and refund it because sending it was was going to cost too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

What was the item?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

foggy_lad wrote: »
    What was the item?

lol

yes what was the item?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

its a postage thing, if the cost of a courier or posting it back is equal or around about near the cost of the item you get to keep it, happens all the time with books and dvds etc.

ive seen them let someone keep a TV (the combi ones with a dvd player) because there was a pixel damaged in a corner and refund it because sending it was was going to cost too much.

thought the buyer swallowed the shipping costs?

lawred2 wrote: »
    thought the buyer swallowed the shipping costs?

depends on the reason why,
    faulty,
    wrong version
    chip on stuff wrong size for clothes

most of the time if its within the 14 days you dont pay, distance selling regs.

outside of that its your own cost but if you get a nice CSA you might be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

does this seem strange?
    It probably shipped from China or the us

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'd imagine it was an order not fulfilled by Amazon hence the seller not being arsed getting it back.

Tigger wrote: »
    It probably shipped from China or the us

all amazon uk item are shipped from the fulfilment centres in the UK or Jersey.

third party sellers on the site rarely offer to refund without a return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Somara198

hey all
    has anyone ever bought an Amazon returns pallet from the liquidation store on the internet and is there any money to be made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

There are a few Youtube videos of people doing this. The people are mainly based in the US and seem to make a bit of money doing it. I've never heard of this being done here, but I'd imagine the delivery cost for a pallet would be very high.

never mind the crazy high postage costs for selling stuff in / from Ireland to take into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Hi,

I am returning an item to Amazon, whenever I did this in the past I was issued an An Post label to print. This time I got a Hermes - Bring to your local drop off point. Anyone know where these drop off points are? Can’t find anything online.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am returning an item to Amazon, whenever I did this in the past I was issued an An Post label to print. This time I got a Hermes - Bring to your local drop off point. Anyone know where these drop off points are? Can’t find anything online.

Thanks.
    Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Go onto live chat and ask for an An Post label instead

maximoose wrote: »
    Go onto live chat and ask for an An Post label instead

Thanks, just tried that. They said they don’t have one available whatever that means. Told me to return it and they would refund the postage cost. Is the Hermes return not an option in Rep of Ireland?

sugarman wrote: »
    Talk to someone else on Chat. My Hermes is for UK only, An Post is for Ireland.

That’s great, that did it. Many thanks to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

How are people dealing with this ?

I have to return two items to amazon but on the website all i'm getting is options to drop off at royal mail drop off points, i ordered the 2 items via Parcel motel. Googling brings me to an old link when Parcel motel used to be able to send items back to Amazon by using the return labels available via the returns section in 'my account' but parcel motel don't offer that service for Amazon anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

tossy wrote: »
    How are people dealing with this ?

I have to return two items to amazon but on the website all i'm getting is options to drop off at royal mail drop off points, i ordered the 2 items via Parcel motel. Googling brings me to an old link when Parcel motel used to be able to send items back to Amazon by using the return labels available via the returns section in 'my account' but parcel motel don't offer that service for Amazon anymore.
    Contact customer service and explain your location, they will send a returns label to you, hopefully.

• Advertisement

Hopefully you get sorted with a returns label. The reason they are advising Royal Mail is because their system is picking up the Parcel Motel address up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,417 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hopefully you get sorted with a returns label. The reason they are advising Royal Mail is because their system is picking up the Parcel Motel address up north.
    This is it exactly. If you have an item delivered to an Irish address, and return it, it automatically generate the An Post label for you. It can sometimes take a couple of attempts to get a CS representative that understands the problem unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Got sorted guys, impressed with Amazon customer service so far. Will also refund the 11 euro it cost to post the 2 items back.

It's mad in 15 years shopping on line i've never had any issues, in the last month i purchased 3 items (2 from Amazon) that i've had to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

tossy wrote: »
    Got sorted guys, impressed with Amazon customer service so far. Will also refund the 11 euro it cost to post the 2 items back.

It's mad in 15 years shopping on line i've never had any issues, in the last month i purchased 3 items (2 from Amazon) that i've had to return.
    Yes, their customer service is excellent, the best I've ever dealt with,

There customer service is probably one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,807 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There customer service is probably one of the best.
    +1 on that

• Registered Users Posts: 15 grumpy old man

+1 customer service just got prime video working for me. works without VPN. next up - installing ITV Hub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hi all,

I ordered an item off amazon via parcel motel, I now need to return it (unopened), however the only return option they are giving me is to scan it at a "print in store machine" at a Hermes Drop Off location. (Which they charge £3.99 for the service as part of the return even though I can't use it).

Seeing as how there are none in the Republic of Ireland, I am slightly confused as to how I can return this.

Should I just send it back through Parcel Motel the normal way and assume they know to forward it on to the Amazon return address even though Amazon have provided me with no label to attatch to the item.

Another option I've found online is to just use An Post and pay for it myself and send it to

Amazon.co.uk Customer Returns
    Amazon Way
    Dunfermline
    Fife
    KY118ST

Has anyone done any of the above, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Just spoke again with their customer service and they were happy to generate a An Post label.

Mod, please feel free to delete this thread or leave it for people who may have the same query.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Putting in the stickied thread for Amazon returns at the top of the page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I ordered from Amazon as a "Sold by Amazon" product but there's an issue and Amazon support are trying to get me to contact a company in the UK about the item. Am I right to think it should be amazon and not their supplier dealing with me? I'm 100% sure I didn't buy a fulfilled by Amazon item. "Sold by Amazon EU S.à r.l., Succursale Française" on the receipt.

Going to go through the UK crowd for a fix but has anyone ever had this experience before? In the past it was Amazon who dealt with the issue on Sold By Amazon items

Advertisement