Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post delivery tracker issue...

• 16-09-2020 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been having issue lately with An Post and ordering stuff off Amazon. The tracker always gets updated to say "Delivered at 18:00" on the day of delivery when the item hasn't actually arrived and it's not even close to 18:00. I contacted An Post every time this happens and the person will just say that "it's an IT issue" the post should be delivered tomorrow.

Last time the item arrived a week later and Amazon actually gave me a full refund when I explained it to them and that I can keep the item if it arrives. It was only some cables so it's not a huge deal.

It happened again now for the 4th time over the last 5 months. This time is a HDD that I ordered on Saturday for priority delivery that's due for today.

Anyone have similar experience? The An Post parcel hub for me is Dublin 12 FYI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Yeah, I got an item delivered notification yesterday, when I was the only person in the house and I didn't notice any one come to the door. In the past I've gotten delivery complete notifications followed by "returned to depot" in the evening, but this one hasn't been updated since "We delivered your post" so I'm kind of concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

An Post are fudging the numbers big time. Ive had instances of this going back to around February.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/amazon-packs-a-punch-in-dublin-with-rented-warehouses-h7dkrj589
    ^ This will facilitate AMZL to take over from AnPost in all of Leinster probably. We won't care what AnPost are at soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

Rewired wrote: »
    Yeah, I got an item delivered notification yesterday, when I was the only person in the house and I didn't notice any one come to the door. In the past I've gotten delivery complete notifications followed by "returned to depot" in the evening, but this one hasn't been updated since "We delivered your post" so I'm kind of concerned.

Hey, did you get your item in the end?
    This happened to me today. Anpost tracking saying delivered, but I'm home all the time, no package just air...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Yeah, was delivered Monday. The tracking never updated after Saturday though.

Advertisement