Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-08-2020, 16:24   #2866
Discodog

I usually use the collect from PO service but decided to try home delivery. It says delivery in 3 to 4 working days but my item has been showing as at Heathrow for two days.
Advertisement
14-08-2020, 17:24   #2867
Discodog

Anyone know if AP Home deliveries happen on a Saturday in Galway? I have an item showing in Dublin today.
14-08-2020, 19:12   #2868
Exclamation Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discodog View Post
Anyone know if AP Home deliveries happen on a Saturday in Galway? I have an item showing in Dublin today.
If your local post gets delivered on Saturdays yes. If not, no.
Thanks from:
14-08-2020, 19:16   #2869
Discodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclamation Marc View Post
If your local post gets delivered on Saturdays yes. If not, no.
I have just read that parcels can be delivered but not mail.
16-08-2020, 19:43   #2870
Sour Lemonz

I am trying to figure out which of these services is best. Should I be using parcel motel, parcel wizard or address pal ?
Advertisement
16-08-2020, 20:15   #2871
VG31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour Lemonz View Post
I am trying to figure out which of these services is best. Should I be using parcel motel, parcel wizard or address pal ?
Parcel Motel are definitely the fastest in my experience. Most parcels are stored between 2-4 am the next day in my motel if they are delivered early enough to Newtownabbey. The rest are nearly always stored by the following night. Their customer service isn't supposed to be great but I haven't had reason to contact them in years.

I've only used AddressPal a few times and haven't had any problems. They are significantly slower than PM however, about 5 days on average. I only tend to use them when sellers won't ship to NI.

I haven't used Parcel Wizard in over a year now because I had some bad experiences. The home delivery at no extra cost is handy though.
Thanks from:
16-08-2020, 20:21   #2872
SCOOP 64

Never had any problems with Pparcel wizard,saying that no problems with Address Pal either but only use when i have too,haven't used parcel motel in a long time because don't deliver to door.
Thanks from:
17-08-2020, 13:18   #2873
Davy
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour Lemonz View Post

They all do more or less the same thing, its just up to you and what suits you better. All will have issues from time to time.

Example; If you work in an office, and cant get deliveries to work, then parcel motel makes sense as you cant get to a post office, and you're not home to accept PW delivery.

Example; if your working at home, then PW will deliver it to you for the same price as PM.

• Do you prefer to collect out of hours? - Parcel motel is best for this, but PW do have shops you can collect from but depends on location.
  • Do you prefer home delivery? - PW is best as it cost is the same as collection, and very flexible on size.
  • Need to deliver to UK mainland? - If so then its AddressPal.
Thanks from:
17-08-2020, 17:09   #2874
Discodog

Two items were delivered to AP UK on Tuesday for home delivery. One got to me on Thursday & the other is still showing as "Sorted in Park West Dublin" on the 11th Tuesday - so almost a week ago. I paid €9. Has anyone ever been refunded for late delivery ?
Advertisement
17-08-2020, 17:10   #2875
joe123

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
Hey, first time using Address Pal. I got word from Honor (the selling website) and their courier DHL that the package was delivered yesterday.

I have it set to be pick up at local post office. Just wondering roughly what sort of timeframe am I looking at now for it to land in the local post office?

I read that I wont get any notification from An Post now until its ready for pick up right?
Just to update my own experience, it took two more days and I had notification my package was ready for pick up. So in total it took a turnaround of 4 days. Great service.
18-08-2020, 09:53   #2876
DriveSkill

My perspective :

ParcelMotel : Have used them probably close to 100 times, generally found them very good and having option of 24/7 collection is very flexible. Delivery can be a bit slower (3-4 days as opposed to 1-2 after it arrives at their hub) as expected in very busy times coming up to Christmas etc. If you are close to a Nightline depot then oversize parcels can be collected there but there is an extra cost. Also can be used for sending parcels at pretty reasonable rates. Any time I have contacted their customer support I found them very helpful.

AddressPal : Only used them once but had a dreadful experience as their customer support is shockingly bad. My parcel was never found even though it had tracked delivery to their UK hub. So from my point of view would not use them again.

ParcelWizard : have an account but never used so no idea really!
Thanks from:
20-08-2020, 18:02   #2877
eiei0

Hi All

First time using AP I got a package delivered to there NJ location, when will I or even will I hear anything before it arrives at my door, I see people talking about tracking ect how did the get tracking numbers ??

Thanks
20-08-2020, 18:25   #2878
VG31

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiei0 View Post
Hi All

First time using AP I got a package delivered to there NJ location, when will I or even will I hear anything before it arrives at my door, I see people talking about tracking ect how did the get tracking numbers ??

Thanks
You should get an email with a tracking number a few days after it is delivered to NJ.
20-08-2020, 20:43   #2879
whiterebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiei0 View Post
Hi All

Thanks
First Post in the thread explains all: https://addresspal.anpost.ie/how-it-works
07-09-2020, 22:04   #2880
L_S1991

Looking to use Address Pal to order some things from Target in the US. When I add things to my basket, it says they'll be delivered on different days (some have 2 day shipping, some have standard shipping etc.), so I am now wondering, will Address Pal charge me for multiple deliveries if they receive them separately/ship them separately? Anyone have any experience of this?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion