Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "Business Partner" Sticky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

Atomico wrote: »
    I posted a little earlier in this thread, and am now interested in hearing from established and experienced developers who may be working solo / freelance at present, but who would be interested in potentially teaming up to form a new web agency.

The focus of the agency would be bespoke web development and online marketing, but I have my own take on what this should look like, specifically in terms of how projects are approached. Web agencies are a dime a dozen these days - I would like this agency to look a little different.

This would be a 50-50 partnership. I would be leading up the marketing side, with the developer focused on development (naturally enough). Just looking for expressions of interest for now, before moving to discuss details.

Looking forward to some PMs, please give as much details as you wish. I may take a few days to reply but will come back to you.

Thanks.

Hey Atomico, best of luck with the project. I found this thread not so great for finding developers. My experience is getting to know a developer over beers, change emails and then strike up an idea after works best. http://pubstandards.ie/ is probably the best regular event for this. Even if the person you talk with there isn't interested, they likely know other people who might be.

I'd also recommend that you don't go 50:50. 51:49 if you have to, but someone is the boss. It will resolve matters quicker.

Lastly, add sales to what you bring alongside marketing. Most developers can pick up adwords/seo pretty quickly if they want so just bringing that isn't going to cut it. What they HATE is cold calling and asking for the sale. You should LOVE cold calling. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Coolaboola2

Hello all

I'm new to this fourm and I have an excellent opportunity for someone that is in the catering trade. I have a mobile unit like no other in this small country of ours. I have this unit just over 2 years and have never worked it to it's full potential. I find myself in a position that I am unable to do it on my own and I am looking for a business partner with some equity for to help me get it off the ground. I can offer some contracts in England but it's a bit of a drag to pull it over and back. I was offered London fashion week last year but by the time I added it up it would have been an awful lot of work for too little gain (IMHO).
    This unit is very different and it would suit a Chef or at least a very good cook which I am myself I think ! I have many years experience in the catering industry myself. The unit is over 2tonne so whoever is to get involved would have to be strong and not afraid of hard work. One of the former contestants that won Master Chef in England a couple of years ago bought a unit identical to this unit and is doing Mexican street food in London and is by all accounts doing very well out of it. Any interested people can send me a PM.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi There. I just started a new concept called Worscht and i am looking to team up with a mobile operator. If you like what you see on Facebook/worscht.world please give me a call on 0872536261

Cheers Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi There. I just started a new concept called Worscht and i am looking to team up with a mobile operator. If you like what you see on Facebook/worscht.world please give me a call on 0872536261

Cheers Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Hi

I have a 3000 sq ft unit on the M50 in Ballymount. Its planning is for fashion and fashion related products ie. nails, hair products, sports, uniforms etc.

2000 sq ft may work for other uses with possibility of banner advert fully visible to M50

It is vacant at present so ready to go if the right operator/idea comes along.

Willing to discuss a joint venture or arrangement with strong prospects.

H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Good morning, I have been developing an idea over the last while, mainly because I have been working at marketing my own company and I have come up with a way to generate a lot of traffic towards a website or app on a very regular basis, thus generating a lot of advertising revenue. However, I know little about the back end of web development (I only know how I would like the site to feel/look/act/interact) and am looking for a partner on this to develop this site/app. I would like someone that has experience in all ends of this, the actual design, the hosting, the launch etc....I would plan to work on this full time within 3 months of it rolling out but cant straight away until some revenue comes in because of mortgage etc..... My role would be to market, run and grow the business. I have a fairly decent knowledge of IT but can't do it on my own.

So if anyone thinks they can add value to this and get in on the ground floor I would love to hear from you

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Looking for Business partner to help run and expand small security firm based in Tipperary Region.
    Small investment for PSA fee's
    Pm for more details

http://www.centurionsecuritygroup.eu/

AndrewWalsh@centurionsecuritygroup.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The space between

Hello all

I'm new to this fourm and I have an excellent opportunity for someone that is in the catering trade. I have a mobile unit like no other in this small country of ours. I have this unit just over 2 years and have never worked it to it's full potential. I find myself in a position that I am unable to do it on my own and I am looking for a business partner with some equity for to help me get it off the ground. I can offer some contracts in England but it's a bit of a drag to pull it over and back. I was offered London fashion week last year but by the time I added it up it would have been an awful lot of work for too little gain (IMHO).
    This unit is very different and it would suit a Chef or at least a very good cook which I am myself I think ! I have many years experience in the catering industry myself. The unit is over 2tonne so whoever is to get involved would have to be strong and not afraid of hard work. One of the former contestants that won Master Chef in England a couple of years ago bought a unit identical to this unit and is doing Mexican street food in London and is by all accounts doing very well out of it. Any interested people can send me a PM.
    Cheers.

Pm sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ideaburst

I have approx eight years experience in marketing and product management, and am interested in joining forces with businesses (particularly fast-moving / early stage / funded companies), which might require marketing and business development / sales support to drive things forward and win more business, especially via online channels.

I am actually open to a wide variety of areas, as I am more interested in the opportunity than any particular sector. My strengths are in digital / online marketing, business development and content development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Coolaboola2

Hi everyone, i'm not having much luck with this quest for a business partner. I have had a lot of PM's sent to me and I have replied to them all without any of them coming back to me ( except you Oliver) some people are just dreamers and must have feck all else to do but type the first thing that comes into their heads. My concept is a very real and unique way to make money and have a bit of craic while you do it. If there are any decent Chefs or guys good with admin out there get in contact with me as time is moving on and I want to get this up and running by the end of Feb at the latest. Pm's only please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 techdude

Hi,

Do we have any experienced IT folks here, perhaps currently unemployed, who would be interested in a joint venture?

Your background would ideally be in providing IT services - Desktop/Server/Network installation and support etc.

PM me for more details if you think you may be interested.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kenk121

Looking for someone to help me with a new website business idea for a share of the business in return. This is a fairly big website idea and will require someone with allot of experience with MLS, database and comments etc. PM me if genuinely interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Felix Millar

Hi Guys,

I am a young and extremely ambitious entrepreneur, very creative, IT skilled (web developer), very determined to succeed in business. I have tons of ecommerce, website development experience. I can make logo's, edit videos and produce music. I have set up and run lots of websites and online shops on my own, learning as I go .

My main websites are www.shoesforschool.ie (a online shop selling school shoes and occasion wear) , www.bestapps.ie (currently in development)
    www.careersscc.ie (a website I set up for a guidance counselor) I also set up a electronic dance music website, which was very successful (unfortunately the database got deleted) and plenty more that have tried and failed (an entrepreneurs experience)

What im looking for is partner who is pro-active (I'll bring the creative side), has some solid ideas and determined like me. PM me if you think we can work together! :)

Thanks
    Felix

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭gmt

I am interested in setting up an IT services company. The target clients will be small to medium sized companies preferably but not necessarily in the greater Dublin area.

Automation and cost reduction will be main selling points.

Funding the business is not an issue. If you are interested in this idea then please PM me to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DiGiovanni

Hello I am starting an executive staffing company ,I am based in Limerick but looking for a partner to help start the business preferably someone who has experience in recruitment or sales but doesn't matter as long as enthusiastic and hard working PM me for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Good Evening guys!,

I'm currently working on a website that requires the knowledge & Experience of an individual with the skills in writing, reviewing and also an interest the gaming sector both within Ireland and Internationally.

I feel that this could be a well worth venture that could be added to any portfolio to any journalism professional or even an amateur looking for some more exposure. This is open to a number of applicants, although at the beginning this venture won't bring any cash flow, I won't be expecting any investment financially from you. The only investment I would be seeking is your time and experience.

If you feel that this would be a partnership for you, then please do get into contact with me.

All the best,

Merger

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

MOD WARNING:

This is not a chat thread...NO DISCUSSION..means no discussion.

PM if you are interested in responding to someone..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yeswecantooo

I am looking for a partner to help develop and run an online watersports shop, selling surfing, surf clothing and other watersports equipment. I and another backer have capital for stock and premises. The person I'm looking for should have

Qualifications / experience in all aspects of online marketing, seo, social media etc
    a willingness to work hard to build a business ( be inspired by crc ).
    a willingness to work for very little until the business really gets going
    an ambition to succeed, together with positive mental attitude (a "can do" attitude )
    and a knowledge of and passion for watersports

Percentages can be discussed depending on the skill, enthusiasm, knowledge and the contribution you bring to the table. If you are this person, get in touch by p.m. If you know of this person, tell them to get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

Hi all, currently i own and run a remote aerial photography/videography business and i'm looking to work with somebody that has experience as a camera operator. Currently i work with one guy but he's sometimes not available and having a second person would be great. To give you a quick idea, the person will be in charge of tracking the subject/object while i fly. Pay is very good and could be ideal for someone out of work looking for a few days here and there.

If you think this might interest you could you please pm me and i'll explain everything in full detail. Also if you could send a cv or any work you have done that would be great. Thanks Guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Notdream

Business/Marketing Founder needed to join a technical founder for exciting new software start-up that will completely change the way computers are used. Needed to bring an Ambitious, technically sound consumer product to market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Smart_S

Looking to buy a Ice cream van and start selling ice cream in Dublin / Wicklow/ I work full time and am unable to take on this venture alone if anyone is interested in starting something up message me maybe we could work on something together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Hi there,

So I am a young Digital Marketing professional based in Dublin. I have worked in Canada and Ireland in this sector. I am a tech geek, with an imagination that is hopefully going places.

I am quitting my excellent job, to start my own venture. Initially I am looking to get a Media company off the ground and bringing in the money.

However, this is not my main goal. I have com up with the concept, feature list, story board and initial design for what I think could be one of the biggest apps on the market. This will be a visual sharing app and that's all I can say on here about it.

I need someone who has taken a succesful (preferably social/video related) app to the market. I need money to design and get programmers working on this app, and that's what I plan to do with the first business until I get the app to seed funding stage.

If you think you are someone who can help me, please do get in touch. Hopefully somebody will!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭JonBon27

Hi,

I am looking for someone who would be interested in setting up a mobile payments social network.

The ideal person would have a technical background who would be in charge of the development of the product. Myself, I come from a project/product management background who would take care of sales, marketing, etc...

If your interested and wanna meet for a coffee to discuss further please let me know.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TechFit

Hi, hope you are all well.

I'm currently a fitness professional who created an online presence that provides information on strength training and nutrition.

The website itself, although reasonably new, is fully set up and starting to generate global traffic. In addition to having 5+ years experience in the fitness industry, I also have a few years of online marketing behind me so I am currently starting to monetize the website with affiliate marketing, Google Adsense and also creating my own downloadable fitness product to sell.

The articles on the website are currently starting to appear in Google and I'm looking to get many more wrote up over the next few months. The ball is already rolling, so I am just looking for someone to come on board to accelerate the progress.

For an idea of who I am looking for:

1. Most favorable would be someone who has experience in online marketing first and good experience in strength training or fitness.

2. Also favorable would be anyone who has good knowledge (possibly less experience) of online marketing and a good knowledge of strength training or fitness.

3. Also, if you're someone who has connections in marketing or are looking to contribute to the business with investment, we could also discuss this.

Please PM me with your details if you are interested.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gabriel79

Hi folks,

I have developed a new piece of software (web application) based around project management and support. The product relates to website design, freelancers but can also be used in a number of different applications.

I have been working within the industry for the past 10 years and the product I have developed is combining all my experiences of using different tools into one, it also includes a feature that has not been done before in similar products. My product solves a major problem facing designers, freelancers and small businesses.

I have invested all my time and money over the past 6 months and the version 1 of the product is now finished. I want to add more features for v2 and onwards. I am now at the stage where I have exhausted all my budget but need to continue. I have done everything myself with the help of developers to date and brought the product from an idea to working component and ready for use.

I am looking for either:

a) someone to partner with this project with the resources available to bring it to market and who has experience of bringing software to market, Internationally.

OR

B) Someone to be a silent investor in the company so I can continue with the development and employ a team to help bring it to market and assist me with the development.

This is not a startup, My company is registered in Ireland since 2010 and I have an office in Dublin 2, I have a full time business already in place while managing this project. Everything is in place to bring this to the next level.

Investment is not critical as the product is already completed for version 1 and I can continue on my own with this but it will take longer for me to get it to market, I need to start accelerating.

I would meet in person anyone interested to discuss further - serious parties only.

Edit Note: Please leave a message on my profile page if interested
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=697174

• Registered Users Posts: 33 spinga

I have some products which are massive in the UK but are not in Irish market.
    I have distribution rights to these but no experience in central billing sales/promotion , I am an importer selling mainly to wholesalers/agents , but I have massive faith in these products , just little experience and time to get them going....Capital not required , just zest and experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭JonBon27

Looking for a developer to assist in setting up a new payment startup, original idea with good potential.

PM me if your interested in knowing more!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

Looking for a developer who has successfully launched an app in the past.

I am launching a new app that has huge potential, aimed at young adults between 18-25 years old.

PM if you can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Have my research completed, business plan done, prototypes being produced this week, domain secured, backing of DCEB & possibly EI. App specced out, workflow just completed & eyeing the US as the target market, no current competitors. What I don't have is funding.

Looking for someone who would be able to raise seed capital etc or who is interested in going in as main financier.

Have a great fantastically original product, a lot of appeal for the user & a potentially fantastic revenue stream. It's different. Very very different. Compelling to both end user & market.

If interested please PM stating details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I am currently looking for a seasoned investor with experience in Sales and Marketing a preference. I have a business plan prepared and I am currently seeking finance with Enterprise Ireland and my own Bank.

My business will operate in the area of IT Retail, Software Development, B2B Sales and Services and Solutions.

Advertisement