Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Thank you so so much :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

katiem111 wrote: »
    I've been offered a job in Ballina, Mayo. Just sent off the evetting form. At what stage do you find out what dept it's in? I only know Environment and dole office, no clue what other departments there could be. I'm assuming if it was AGS, the vetting procedure would be different? Any info would be welcome.
    I’m fairly certain there are some smaller sections of departments in Ballina like Housing, Gaeltacht, and rural development. You could also be placed in the courts I think, correct me if I’m wrong! Congratulations, I’m hoping to get a position in Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Icbaby

Enquiring wrote: »
    I know the clerical officer pay scale starts at 24,586 (471.20) but does anyone know the actual take home pay after tax/pension contribution etc?

I’m standard tax credits... ie no additional credits and take hone is €395 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Horseylady

Hello all, have finally gotten an interview for Tuesday for Westmeath, just wondering what questions people were asked already and any other tips for it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

I’m fairly certain there are some smaller sections of departments in Ballina like Housing, Gaeltacht, and rural development. You could also be placed in the courts I think, correct me if I’m wrong! Congratulations, I’m hoping to get a position in Ballina.
    Thanks Pamela, that broadens the scope a bit. Good luck, hope you get Ballina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Questions I got:

Working with a difficult colleague;
    How would you feel about working shifts
    Example when you provided good customer service
    Working with a team

Know the competencies inside out

Did you get results or an OOM yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pizzzza

Apologies if this has already been asked. But for those who have been asked to forward on references and scanned documents etc, how long did it take before you received the link to the e-vetting? I sent mine off on Thursday, just wondering when I should expect to hear anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlohaLights

Hi all- could someone please provide the email address to query current stance on the OOM in a county please?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

Hi all- could someone please provide the email address to query current stance on the OOM in a county please?

CO2020@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

If its Mayo can you let me know please? I emailed them last month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 User1956

Got an update today that they have called up to OOM 31 for Co. Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Hi all, just been informed that I've been placed 28th on the panel in Batch 14 for the position of Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2020 in Co. Dublin, does anyone have any idea if I'll have to wait long for an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Did interview today and was informed I placed 1st in wexford. Will I have long to wait and how long do you get to decide if you take the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Horseylady

Did interview today and was informed I placed 1st in wexford. Will I have long to wait and how long do you get to decide if you take the offer

Hey just wondering wat questions you were asked for it? I have mine tomorrow for Westmeath, congratulations on your placing from what I've seen on some comments here I doubt you'll be waiting long for placement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

I think I was given three days to accept the offer. Tuesday to Friday if I remember right! That was for Revenue though so could be different in other departments. The wait wasn't long but again that was for Revenue where there's a recruitment drive. Other departments you might have to wait for a position to come up which could depend on someone leaving etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

Just out of curiosity, did many of you get the expression of interest for Co Dublin panel today? I did and am already on this panel, very short response time and you are removed from panel if you don't respond!

Icbaby wrote: »
    I’m standard tax credits... ie no additional credits and take hone is €395 a week

Without being too nosey any chance of a breakdown i.e paye prsi usc and pension contributions. Sorry for being cheeky.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

pizzzza wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been asked. But for those who have been asked to forward on references and scanned documents etc, how long did it take before you received the link to the e-vetting? I sent mine off on Thursday, just wondering when I should expect to hear anything.

I'm just shy of 2 weeks waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Any new hire delays likely in Level 5 with difficulties training staff etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aoife345

pizzzza wrote: »

Hi do you mind me asking what documents you had to scan through.... with lockdown looming I want to get as much prepared as possible I know I have my university transcripts but I definitely don’t have my leaving cert do they ask for this if you have a degree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

aoife345 wrote: »
    Hi do you mind me asking what documents you had to scan through.... with lockdown looming I want to get as much prepared as possible I know I have my university transcripts but I definitely don’t have my leaving cert do they ask for this if you have a degree

You won't need anything like that. It's filling in what you get sent and then your identification and reference contact details

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Catrionaoc

Just had a reply.
    OOM for Clare is 2 and Limerick is 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pizzzza

Messi19 wrote: »
    I'm just shy of 2 weeks waiting

Thanks for your reply, I have a little bit of a wait ahead of me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cloggerson

To date we have called up to OOM 32 for Co. Meath and OOM 9 for Co. Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Hi been had
    I just got an email today asking the same it’s very short time to reply

• Registered Users Posts: 10 happylad21

I am just wondering what is the next steps once you are successfully after the interview. I have a couple of questions?

When they say batch what do they mean? I see above it was mentioned Batch 14, so if they are interviewing for batch 14 does that mean batches 1 to 13 are finished and the people in them batches have gotten a job?

How many people are typically on a panel after the interview?

How long would you be waiting for a job if say your in the top 20 of a panel?

Have to supply details and the are looking for reference contact at current employees. It say they won't contact them unless giving permission. Is this the case. I'm on trial in current position and would definitely be let go if they thought I was looking elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Catrionaoc wrote: »
    Just had a reply.
    OOM for Clare is 2 and Limerick is 19.
    Clare and Limerick are very slow compared to some of the other counties

Just filling in the garda e-vetting form. Do I need to scan id and send it or will I be asked for it a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Just filling in the garda e-vetting form. Do I need to scan id and send it or will I be asked for it a later date.

Gosh I can't remember sending Id with vetting

Advertisement