Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

Does anyone know reasons why PAS send out an email for certain positions that come up, asking receiver to express interest in the postions, if they want to, else they will still be on the panel if they don't express interest?
    Rather than just offering positions to next set of people on OOM list?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Does anyone know reasons why PAS send out an email for certain positions that come up, asking receiver to express interest in the postions, if they want to, else they will still be on the panel if they don't express interest?

I've never come across that before:

was it for a specify department?

or, did it state it was for a specify purpose (like Materity Leave etc)?

In Blanchardstown,no job description other than it falls into TCO job specified categories, nor department.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭Augme

They usually offer them for areas that would be outside the city centre. They have had a secpiao stream for people point in ucd before for example.

For lots of people a position on the opposite side of Dublin just isn't really that feasible so rsther than going through the OOM and habving lits of people turn it down it can save time to just ask everyone if they would be interested first.

Also in email stated, if more show interest than positions available, allocation be based on their OOM.

Waiting to see result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

Has anyone here ever accepted an open contract? If so what was your experience? Did you just get to work the minimum length or did they keep you on for a while after?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Jd292190 wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever accepted an open contract? If so what was your experience? Did you just get to work the minimum length or did they keep you on for a while after?

I am currently on an open ended contract, started in May 2020 and am still there. No word yet about end date. There are a few people in my department on open ended contracts that started in March and are still working away.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

Hi guys just a quick question , did any of ye get an expression of interest email from them ? And if so what happened next
    Just got one yesterday.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi guys just a quick question , did any of ye get an expression of interest email from them ? And if so what happened next
    Just got one yesterday.
    Thanks

What did the 'expression of interest' email say? What was it about?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Is the current competition just a 12 month one? Does it expire as the end of the year ?

• Advertisement

I am me123 wrote: »
    What did the 'expression of interest' email say? What was it about?
    Thanks.

A place has arisen , would you be interested ? If so please reply with your expression of interest, and that it is no guarantee of a job.

I was just wondering had anyone on here received something like this before and if so how long did it take to hear back from them.
    Thanks

A place has arisen , would you be interested ? If so please reply with your expression of interest, and that it is no guarantee of a job.

I was just wondering had anyone on here received something like this before and if so how long did it take to hear back from them.
    Thanks

Did anyone who has gotten work from the TCO get an email like this or was it just a straight call they received .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Summer only panel. Does anyone know when the 'summer only' positions close? I am assuming this year s TCO competition is written off for me. I was 50 OOM summer only in Donegal but didn't even get an interview. But it's my first time applying so still learning how this process works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Did anyone who has gotten work from the TCO get an email like this or was it just a straight call they received .
    Thanks

I got an email offering the role. No phone calls at all

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MuchZeus

Does anyone know how quickly the OOM for Dublin moves? I got placed on the panel, but still waiting for TCO Clearance to get back to me about my position on the OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Scouseouse wrote: »
    Summer only panel. Does anyone know when the 'summer only' positions close? I am assuming this year s TCO competition is written off for me. I was 50 OOM summer only in Donegal but didn't even get an interview. But it's my first time applying so still learning how this process works.

I'm guessing in normal times most would get an opportunity. However in covid times I think it's just ground the whole system to a near halt. I opted for all year panel, but loosing hope of getting a call anytime soon. Pity as I cannt see it being this hard to get something in normal times. Fingers crossed we can start fresh next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Beckett99

Would love to get placed this year. Contacted PAS and they are a few places away from my OOM. Haven't been interviewed yet and they said they've no plans to interview more in the near future. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

What number OOM have they called in Kerry all year round

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Connacht15

I was offered a TCO contract which is absolutely impossible to take due to logistics!

My understanding from my original interview is that this year we are entitled to one deferral/refusal, can anybody clarify this for me please.
    In the past in larger counties you could exclude locations that were impossible for you to reach from the outset
    This time it's not location based, as far as I understand it.

Also, can somebody please give me the contact details for PAS for this TCO competition.

Thanks in advance.

I could definitely exclude areas here in Cork when I interviewed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Connacht15 wrote: »
    I was offered a TCO contract which is absolutely impossible to take due to logistics!

My understanding from my original interview is that this year we are entitled to one deferral/refusal, can anybody clarify this for me please.
    In the past in larger counties you could exclude locations that were impossible for you to reach from the outset
    This time it's not location based, as far as I understand it.

Also, can somebody please give me the contact details for PAS for this TCO competition.

Thanks in advance.

they dont take phone calls you need to email info@publicjobs,ie

I was offered a job too but they are only working remotely and wont take me on now. I sent them an email and they said that due to covid many were reinstated on the panel. SO i guess we are put back on when and if they need us again.

they dont take phone calls you need to email info@publicjobs,ie

I was offered a job too but they are only working remotely and wont take me on now. I sent them an email and they said that due to covid many were reinstated on the panel. SO i guess we are put back on when and if they need us again.

So does that mean that the 2020 competition is paused as regards hiring new staff from the currently formed panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Connacht15

I am me123 wrote: »
    So does that mean that the 2020 competition is paused as regards hiring new staff from the currently formed panel?

No, it doesn't mean that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 throwaway9000

General question, im due to take up a TCO post but am also in for a few other competitions including CO and EO. What happens if I get offered the CO/EO position as a TCO, do you get moved to that role or are there issues with it does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

General question, im due to take up a TCO post but am also in for a few other competitions including CO and EO. What happens if I get offered the CO/EO position as a TCO, do you get moved to that role or are there issues with it does anyone know.

There should be no issues, I am a TCO and hoping to get offered EO, you only need to give a weeks notice for TCO and can use holidays etc to leave TCO role to move to another role.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

You resign as a TCO and commence as a CO/EO.

In some cases you could end up in the same organisation but if depends on the vacancy being filled at a given time.

If CO, you can apply for incremental credit on the payscale for time served as a TCO however probation restarts on appointment to the new role

• Registered Users Posts: 2 throwaway9000

Thanks for the quick replies

Hi,

Just a quick question for anyone who might have information,
    When can you expect to recieve the email with the link to the Garda Vetting?

Emailed for an update on the panel for my chosen county & its moving up.

I submitted the completed Garda Vetting Invitation form as requested on the day of my interview along with the rest of the requested documentation.

When will the email to complete the rest of the vetting process come into play does anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

depends on what role is offered,I never had to do garda vetting for mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 MuchZeus

does anyone know how long the panel is valid for? patiently waiting to be appointed to a position, at the rate the panel is moving atm i might get something in december/january...

Advertisement